awills729

Expedite Denied - What Can I do?

56 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Trying to make a long story short ...

I brought my husband here 5 months ago on CR-1. We left his son with my mother in law (baby's mom is not in the picture, never was) in order to allow time for my husband to get a job, start working and find a home for us. Planned on filing for step-son this summer.

My step son's ONLY childcare is my mother in law who now has a visa to go take care of her dying parents in Toronto. So we filed for my stepson this month and requested an expedite.

Request DENIED.

This would cause a 2 year old to have no child care, as my mother in law NEEDS to leave the country ASAP. This would force my husband to quit his new job, move back to his home country (with no job and no place for him and his 2 year old to live), also causing us to lose our home in the US, our car, etc, as I dont make enough money to support everything while he is gone.

Is there anything I can do??? Should I request an expedite again??

TIA

1-130 Sent : 4/22/16

NOA 1: 4/25/16

RFE: 7/22/16

RFE reply: 9/26/16

NOA 2: 10/13/16

Sent to NVC: 10/28/16

NVC Receive: 11/4/16

Case # assinged: 11/15/16

Timeline

I wasn't even given the opportunity. All I could find was to call and make the request. They just asked me a few questions, I had no chance to submit anything other than just the conversation I had with the rep

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I wasn't even given the opportunity. All I could find was to call and make the request. They just asked me a few questions, I had no chance to submit anything other than just the conversation I had with the rep

You could have written them a letter and have put all the proof of the hardship in there...

Timeline

Ok thank you. All I saw was a number to call. So I need to send a letter to the service center with evidence?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Can the child not go to Canada with MIL?

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

that would be a whole new visa process to another country. we could try, but it takes a long time, and MIL is trying to get out of there ASAP to care for her dying parents. Adding a 2 year old would be tough, as well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If your husband's only been here for 5 months, there may still be a follow-to-join option on his original CR-1, was the child originally included or never included?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I thought children had to be included?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

If your husband's only been here for 5 months, there may still be a follow-to-join option on his original CR-1, was the child originally included or never included?

No follow to join for CR-1. Kid would have had to have his own I-130.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No follow to join for CR-1. Kid would have had to have his own I-130.

Yeah, I thought maybe they did that and then decided not to include the child in the visa interview last minute.

Op- even an expedited case would take a few months, so you may need to look for other childcare

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

what you are proposing is to ask USCIS again for the same thing you asked before....why would they change their decision?

In addition, the kid could have taken advantage of theFTJ, but for whatever the reason(s), that did not happen....but that is NOT the fault nor the responsibility of USCIS...(in other words, poor planning is not someone else's problem)...

what you are proposing is to ask USCIS again for the same thing you asked before....why would they change their decision?

In addition, the kid could have taken advantage of theFTJ, but for whatever the reason(s), that did not happen....but that is NOT the fault nor the responsibility of USCIS...(in other words, poor planning is not someone else's problem)...

Wrong! There is no way a CR2 could have "...taken advanage of the FTJ..." (Follow to Join). They would have had to file an additional I-130, which could have been processed at about the sane time, but don't confuse people with FTJ when talking about CR-1/CR-2.

Family situations can change and what seemed like the right thing to do could end up working out...doesn't necessarily make it poor planning. And, if they choose to, they can indeed ask USCIS to reconsider their decision and supply additional information -- although I suspect the answer would be the same. It also doesn't mean that the Embassy/Consulate would also agree to expedite the visa part of the processing.

Edited by jan22

someone forgot to file the I-130 for the child...and it wasn't USCIS......"We left his son with my mother in law..."...USCIS did not leave said child with the MIL....just because there were no contingency plans is not the fault of USCIS....and no doubt, all of the other thousands of people who want their case to be expedited should be told ....what? Better planning would have alleviated this situation....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.