27 posts in this topic

huh?

What do your friend's father petition for his sons got to do with your I-129F petition?

Both of you petition for the same person?

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

its for the same person

so his/her father wants to apply for his/her green card to bring him/her there but in the same time he wants to marry him/her( :rolleyes: ) ? i got it, now it's much better

AOS - PENDING

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sorry for not being to clear,

my Boyfriend lives in Jamaica, his father lives in the states and has a petition out for his son's greencard,

the process is so long, he is a few years in already waiting...

so we were wondering could I do the k1 visa for him, at the same time...thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

my Boyfriend lives in Jamaica, his father lives in the states and has a petition out for his son's greencard,

Sorry if i was mean ( was not my intention ) , now it's much better, for real.

From my point of view i don't see any reason why you should not file the I-129F for his K-1 visa. But best would be make a phone call to USCIS and ask them. ( Just my opinion)

AOS - PENDING

You can petition for him under I-129F, which of course is a shorter wait.

Yes you can. I assume he's the unmarried child of green card holder of citizen, but 21 years old or above.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yes, he is unmarried over 21, his father started the green card process over 2 years ago,

we thought maybe I could file for the Fiance Visa, and it would be quicker, but I am hearing that you cant have 2 open petitions out, and also his father would have to cancel his petition for me to start my process, its all so confusing, lots of diff information out there..thanks eveyrone

Sorry if i was mean ( was not my intention ) , now it's much better, for real.
From my point of view i don't see any reason why you should not file the I-129F for his K-1 visa. But best would be make a phone call to USCIS and ask them. ( Just my opinion)

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No limit to the number of petitions someone can have.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

IMHO, I will keep the Father petition ongoing until green card in hand from (I-129F -> K1 VISA -> AOS).

Need to factor in the risk of mind-changing before marriage ;)

I suggest you call the USCIS to confirm whether you should start a K1 petition for your boyfriend. It may be a long wait but it would be worth it.

Not to snoop but you also initially called this person your 'friend' not boyfriend. Please read the guides and understand the K1 process from initial application to him getting his greencard conditions removed. Be sure you want this kind of responsibility as opposed to him just waiting on his green card through his father.

Edited by msleja
:goofy: AOS Timeline :goofy:
2016-11-03 - Package Sent - I-485, AP & EAD
2016-11-08 - Delivery Confirmation - Fedex
2016-11-22 - I-129F NOA1 : (text message)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.