madalas

After I-130 approval can NVC decide NOT to forward to Embassy?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone.

I received email NOA today for my filed I-130, (sent 4-21-16 Phoenix Lockbox). In 7-10 days I should receive NOA in mail according to email.

Once its received in Texas for processing, and the I-130 is approved and forwarded to NVC, can NVC decide NOT to send to Embassy in Egypt? Can they not send as we not eligible for a Visa (212a2c, Reason to Believe). I think I read somewhere they they only process, not make decisions, that will be done at Embassy abroad.

So is it safe to assume they will glady take our filings and fees and forward to Embassy?

We are new to this process although we orginally filed in 1996 (see my profile...ugh).

Thanks!

Timeline

Anitafeliz....complaining?

I am not complaining at all.

I was just wondering if NVC can NOT send our application/files to Embassy in Egypt.

Trying to figure out if our files will indeed go abroad for processing or can they be denied here by NVC.

Sorry for confusion...

Anitafeliz....complaining?

I am not complaining at all.

I was just wondering if NVC can NOT send our application/files to Embassy in Egypt.

Trying to figure out if our files will indeed go abroad for processing or can they be denied here by NVC.

Sorry for confusion...

Once it goes through adjudication i Belive yours says end of September to October if they are not backed up. They will approve or deny if approved it goes to NVC if all is good it will move to Egypt. Why wouldn't they send yours???

?????

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

Well, we have a CRAZY case, my husband has a lifetime ban with no waiver available.

My thinking was, again I am not sure how it works, that NVC due to our previous INS filing could deny even processing our appliucations and not pass on to Egypt.

Now I assume that whatever the circumstances, NVC processes paperwork, they do not not make decisions to forward or not to forward to an Embassy or Consulate.

That was my question initially. I was not clear enough I guess.

Thanks anitafeliz.

Well, we have a CRAZY case, my husband has a lifetime ban with no waiver available.

My thinking was, again I am not sure how it works, that NVC due to our previous INS filing could deny even processing our appliucations and not pass on to Egypt.

Now I assume that whatever the circumstances, NVC processes paperwork, they do not not make decisions to forward or not to forward to an Embassy or Consulate.

That was my question initially. I was not clear enough I guess.

Thanks anitafeliz.

I'm courious?How will you get around the lifetime ban?

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Why did he get banned is it all those articles in you profile??

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

oh man....this is bad and it will cost you alot in lawyer fees to appeal if its denied. Was he ever cleared or is this a conviction?

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Wow... I just read your profile summary. The only answer here would be that it would probably make it from USCIS to NVC, as I believe they mostly just check all the documents are there. But then it's up to NVC to take you through the next stage, and send it to your embassy for an interview if approved. That step there .... that's a big MAYBE in your case and I really doubt anyone on this forum can really advise you on it.

Its really as you have said ... apply, do your best to provide everything they ask for, and pray for a good outcome. It's just going to be a waiting game I'm afraid.

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Wow... I just read your profile summary. The only answer here would be that it would probably make it from USCIS to NVC, as I believe they mostly just check all the documents are there. But then it's up to NVC to take you through the next stage, and send it to your embassy for an interview if approved. That step there .... that's a big MAYBE in your case and I really doubt anyone on this forum can really advise you on it.

Its really as you have said ... apply, do your best to provide everything they ask for, and pray for a good outcome. It's just going to be a waiting game I'm afraid.

I second this :wow:

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Timeline

Thesmiths2106, anitafeliz, so it is possible then that the NVC will not forward to embassy then? That was why I posted this initially. I wondered IF the NVC could decide NOT to send to Embassy. Anyway we'll see. Would be nice though to know before paying more fees. Its so hard not to know.

BTW, my husband was never convicted of anything, all charges court dimissed same as well as the case itself. AZ law found they did nothing wrong by selling a LEGAL over the counter medicine in large quantities. He has never even had a traffic ticket. I know it doenst matter as the then INS needed just a slight Reason to Believe. There is no waiver for this and it sucks.

I do not want to raise my son in Egypt.. I love Egypt dont get me wrong, but schools are too expensive (no public schools) and the counrty is not stable at all. He's been there on and off since he was born and we go every school break, he loves Egypt too, his Daddy is there.

Thanks for your repliues. Now we wait...

I dont know anything about immigration. But for what i read on here and because my fam migrated her from DR but If this was my case i would see my options...

1) let the case take its course see where it gets you

2) hire a competant attorney that can have the lifetime ban removed(if thats possible) if it was due to a crime that he was cleared on

3) move to egypt if all else fails. I am from this country but my family is from DR and i travel alot there every year you have a long history with your husband an you need to weigh if hes worth you moving there or if you can afford maybe travel in the summer...for my fiancee i would move worse case...

Sorry :cry: this is your situation single parenting is not easy!!

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Once NVC has collected all fees and relevant documents, they will send your case to the embassy for an interview. NVC's job is to make sure all documents and fees are there. Whether to approve or deny a visa is up to the embassy.

Given that your husband has a life long ban, what were your plan to overcome it? I think it's safe to say that your case will be denied, not sure what kind of waiver you think will be available but you will probably need a very good lawyer to get it.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.