dcs5743

A bit lost and trying to map things out

12 posts in this topic

Ok so I'm not sure where to send this in for the first step. I know where the immigration office is locally in central New York. But nothing beyond that.

Which I'm also trying to figure this whole process out. I have completed:

• i129f form
  • G-325A form for her
  • G-325A form for me
  • Intent to marry from her (address is for the embassy interview) I know I need another copy for the location to send in the first step
  • Intent to marry from me (address is for the embassy interview) I know I need another copy for the location to send in the first step
  • Several photos together (though I only have of us and a couple with her nephew and us together, as well as one with her grandmother, nephew and me, but she's not in it)
  • Our whatsapp conversation from June 2015 to current
  • Most of the boarding passes(of my flight) from the two trips we'd spent together in her city
  • I plan to scan all the pages of my passport

What documents am I missing?

How many more trips to her will I need to plan for? I know that my money isn't infinite, but it was recommended in another thread that I go down to visit for her interview. Also not sure how that and the doctor physical get setup. But being that I'm pre-NOA1 right now I have time to set that up. I'm not sure if I would also need to go to her once the visa is approved to fly together. Part of me thinks she can handle moving and traveling alone, but not being well versed in english and needing to do one or two connecting flights when never having flown at all before might be hard alone.

Also not sure what will be required to get her able to work, she and I are both trained as engineers, but in the seven years since graduating, I've only had a year in that field that I lost last September, my other two years were while in school. She only has 8 months experience with her degree. I'm trying to figure out what is necessary to get both of us in a better place. Considering starting a business that doesn't require our degrees, but that is speculation.

Have you found the guide section? Have you read the instructions on the I-129F form?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

Ok so I'm not sure where to send this in for the first step. I know where the immigration office is locally in central New York. But nothing beyond that.

• i129f form
  • G-325A form for her
  • G-325A form for me
  • Intent to marry from her (address is for the embassy interview) I know I need another copy for the location to send in the first step
  • Intent to marry from me (address is for the embassy interview) I know I need another copy for the location to send in the first step
  • Several photos together (though I only have of us and a couple with her nephew and us together, as well as one with her grandmother, nephew and me, but she's not in it)
  • Most of the boarding passes(of my flight) from the two trips we'd spent together in her city

How many more trips to her will I need to plan for? I know that my money isn't infinite, but it was recommended in another thread that I go down to visit for her interview. Also not sure how that and the doctor physical get setup. But being that I'm pre-NOA1 right now I have time to set that up. I'm not sure if I would also need to go to her once the visa is approved to fly together. Part of me thinks she can handle moving and traveling alone, but not being well versed in english and needing to do one or two connecting flights when never having flown at all before might be hard alone.

Also not sure what will be required to get her able to work, she and I are both trained as engineers, but in the seven years since graduating, I've only had a year in that field that I lost last September, my other two years were while in school. She only has 8 months experience with her degree. I'm trying to figure out what is necessary to get both of us in a better place. Considering starting a business that doesn't require our degrees, but that is speculation.

Do it as follow and stack them in this order...

1) Blank sheet of paper and clip the check to it...be sure it is signed, dated and written to United States Department of Homeland and Security...Do not abbreviate.

2) Cover letter explaining what you are sending in the package. It is not required but most petitioners do it. Everything you see here put it all in writing in a cover letter. Just type it.

3) The I-129f petition. Be sure its signed, dated and completed...Complete line 34 regarding by saying "see attached supplement" Type on a another sheet of paper and explain on how have you met, was it online, was through friends etc...explain. Place the sheet behind the the I-129F.

4) YOUR G325a. Signed and dated. behind it, clip a white sheet of paper with one Passport photo, write your name on it on the back, place it in zip lock back with your name written on the bag. Just use paper clip to attach them all together.

5) Paper clip a copy or YOUR Birth certificate or your certificate of citizenship, or copies of each page back and front of your US Passport. Just one document all what you need. Copies of previous marriage and divorce if applicable.

If your fiance was previously married or divorced then you need copies of them to submit as well.

6) YOUR FIANCE G325a , signed and dated. It is recommended to have your fiance send it to you with original signature, but i heard that some people sent a copy and was fine. I would send original.

7) YOUR LETTER OF INTENT TO MARRY. Sign it and dated. On top just type the address your are sending to. If you are sending to Dallas lockbox then you write USCIS and the Dallas address. Same as you with the Passport photo.

8) YOUR FIANCE OF INTENT TO MARRY. Signed and dated as well....Attach both of them to paper clip.

9) Evidence of having met in person. Paper clip your Booking reservation if you stayed in a hotel. All Hotel receipts etc...if you did not then skip this. Paper clip all your Airline booking reservation, copies of your boarding passes, copy of the Visa stamped on the passport and/or copy of entry form. Attach all of them with paper clip.

Sent up to 10 pictures of both of you meeting, if you proposed and bought her a ring, make cope of the receipt and also be sure there are photos with the ring. Family pictures or your fiance family and friends are good to send also. Explain on the back of each photo where was it taken and all that. But plastic photo sleeves and just insert them individually.

10) Send few copies of your Skype, viber, facebook etc...be sure they are from different years. maybe five or six pages each.

Use stick to show each of the sections above. Type on hand write on each piece explaining what is it and stick on the side of the each section to make easier for them at the USCIS to read.

Buy yourself a folder...not a three hole punch , just regular folder. secure the entire package inside with rubber and I would send it to the Dallas Lockbox address, two days delivery with tracking number...NOT EXPRESS OR HAND DELIVERY.

As far as work, just fill out the information about the places she worked at on the forms.

As far as for work in the US. That you dont need to worry about for now until your fiance approved and in the united states where she/he can apply for AOS after marriage and apply for work permit.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

What do the instructions tell you?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Where do I send this thing? I've read Dallas, I see some say Vermont in their profile.

I live in New York so I figure it's what's closer and Vermont is closer

This tells me you have not read the instructions. Instructions are your friend. Guessing will lead to failure, wasted time, and tears.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

The responses are leading to tears. To be fair it is easy to overlook that on one of the guide pages. Responding with the attitude that I'm an idiot did frustrated me further.

But the thing that seems messy is trying to fit in addresses on the g325a lines which I didn't see when first doing my fiance's form. Should I make another form to correct my mistake?

• i129f form
  • G-325A form for her
  • G-325A form for me

This is more than a forum, it is a vast database of knowledge on everything you need to know about applying for a K-1 visa! People are asking you to read the guides because there is so much information available that will help you with everything. Read this word for word and you'll be set: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

As for trips - well, how long have you know your fiance? If your relationship is relatively new then perhaps a trip to see her would look better to an immigration officer. It's not necessary for you to plan trips to see her as part of your immigration process - we're not all able to spend money on flights. However sometimes the process takes a long time, so a trip to see each other will help your relationship.

Citizenship Process Timeline: 

Citizenship Process [1 year, 1 month and 1 day to Naturalization Certificate]

03.22.2020 - N400 sent (online)

03.22.2020 - NOA1 Received (online)

03.27.2020 - NOA1 Received (mail)

09.05.2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled (online)

09.24.2020 - Biometrics appointment

02.02.2021 - Interview Scheduled (online)

02.06.2021 - Interview Letter Received (mail)

03.10.2021 - Interview - Approved

03.10.2021 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled (online)

03.16.2021 - Oath Ceremony Letter Received (mail)

04.23.2021 - Oath Ceremony

I am the beneficiary

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The responses are leading to tears. To be fair it is easy to overlook that on one of the guide pages. Responding with the attitude that I'm an idiot did frustrated me further.

But the thing that seems messy is trying to fit in addresses on the g325a lines which I didn't see when first doing my fiance's form. Should I make another form to correct my mistake?

Not a guide to sift through for that. The I-129F instructions directly from the USCIS are of the utmost importance. The page you download the form also has form instructions to download. That same page also lists where to mail it and the fees. You should always read the instructions from the source for every form you ever fill out in this lengthy process. This is not attitude. This is good advice to help you succeed.

If you are feeling that frustrated, take a step back, compose yourself, then return to the instructions, read them over and take your time with getting everything together.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

If your addresses on the G-325A are not really legible, then yes, redo them.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Tabs or no tabs?

Planning on sending in my documents in a few hours.

Got a report cover to bind everything, and everything is printed. Simply asking whether I should purchase and include divider tabs or if that's a waste of money

Waste - they will undo what you do and redo it their own way. Simple stack of papers is good. :thumbs:

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Waste - they will undo what you do and redo it their own way. Simple stack of papers is good. :thumbs:

Paper clips, binder clips and/or rubber bands.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.