Lenhey

NVC made a mistake!!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My husband and I sent all the required documents to NVC and let them have their 30 days process. After 30 days they send us an e-mail saying they didnt have my birth- and marriage certificate. I talked to the Swedish Tax Agency ( that deals with these kind of documents) and with the American embassy in Stockholm, and they both said that I had sent in the correct paperwork. I called NVC and told them everything and they said that they would take a closer look at our documents but that it would take an extra 42 days. Why do we need to suffer because they can´t to their job properly!!?? We had sent in ALL required documents and done EVERYTHING correctly, and now we have to wait an extra 42 days because they cant do their job. Has anyone else here had a similar experience with NVC or do you have any thoughts about if NVC really will use all of the 42 days?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Well, you might want to go ahead and send them new copies of the documents they claim are missing. Because they might just be that, lost somewhere in the paper mill. This has happened before. Also, I assume you sent the documents either in English or a certified English translation?

I'm sorry for your situation, but mistakes happen. Annoying, but not really anything you can do about it :-)

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

I would just resend everything they are asking for. I got a similar email stating they didn't get the I-864 form or my police certificate ( as if I didn't send those?), I called them and said they would escalate it to a supervisor which will take up to another 45 days or I could just resend them. It took them 2 weeks to review the first lot, I resent everything again last week, I wasn't waiting for a review, so hopefully it won't take them that long this time round. Good luck :)

15/09/2012 - Married ?
Spent the last 2.5 years travelling between countries & deciding on where we are going to live...USA IT IS!!! ??
28/09/2015 - I-130 submitted
06/10/2015 - NOA 1 received
04/02/2016 - Approved! NOA 2 received via text
17/02/2016 - Petition sent to NVC
24/02/2016 - NVC received
08/03/2016 - Case number & IIN number received over the phone
09/03/2016 - Form DS-261 completed
09/03/2016 - AOS Fee paid
18/03/2016 - Received and paid IV Bill
22/03/2016 - Sent AOS & IV Documents
24/03/2016 - Scan date
08/04/2016 - Received RFE - apparently I didn't send I-864 form (as if I would forget that!) and police certificate (admittedly I sent the wrong one?)
18/04/2016 - Resent required documents (had to wait a week for new police certificate)
20/04/2016 - 2nd scan date for RFE documents
09/05/2016 - Case Completed ? (Now just waiting for interview date!!!)
26/05/2016 - Received Interview letter via email, interview scheduled for 26/07/2016 ??

'I CAN ALMOST SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL'

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dear friend is better you send them another birth & marriage certificate. So that your case will not into 42days. I once have same case, saying my birth & marriage certificate was missing. Send me your personal email so I can send my letter as well for u to see

Timeline

Translator is competent to translate

______5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE:____________________________________

Please send a copy of this applicant's original marriage certificate or a copy of the certified marriage

document.

Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the correct

document will delay your case and may result in rescheduling of your interview, or refusal of a visa.

For many countries, the U.S. Department of State has established country-specific criteria for ensuring

that applicants submit documents appropriate for visa processing. Please go to http://nvc.state.gov/ to

determine if the U.S. Department of State has issued any country-specific guidelines for the requested

document.

All documents not in English, or the official language of the country where the visa application will be

processed, must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement

signed by the translator that states the following:

Translation is accurate

If the certificate is a certified copy of the original it must come from the issuing government authority

and it must contain annotation by the issuing government authority indicating that it is an extract from

the official records. If the applicant's marriage record is unobtainable because records have been

destroyed or the appropriate government authority will not issue one, please obtain a certified statement

from the appropriate government authority stating the reason your record is not available.

______5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE:____________________________________

Please send a copy of this applicant's original marriage certificate or a copy of the certified marriage

document.

Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the correct

document will delay your case and may result in rescheduling of your interview, or refusal of a visa.

For many countries, the U.S. Department of State has established country-specific criteria for ensuring

that applicants submit documents appropriate for visa processing. Please go to http://nvc.state.gov/ to

determine if the U.S. Department of State has issued any country-specific guidelines for the requested

document.

All documents not in English, or the official language of the country where the visa application will be

processed, must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement

signed by the translator that states the following:

Translation is accurate

If the certificate is a certified copy of the original it must come from the issuing government authority

and it must contain annotation by the issuing government authority indicating that it is an extract from

the official records. If the applicant's marriage record is unobtainable because records have been

destroyed or the appropriate government authority will not issue one, please obtain a certified statement

from the appropriate government authority stating the reason your record is not available.

Timeline

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

______3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE:_______________________________________

Please submit this applicant's photocopy of the original document listed above. Each applicant must send

a photocopy of the original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the country

of birth, showing the date and place of birth, and the parentage of the alien, based upon the original

registration of birth.

Documents must be from the appropriate issuing authority. Failure to provide the correct document will

delay your case and may result in rescheduling of your interview or refusal of a visa.

The certificate must contain the following information:

Person's date of birth

Person's place of birth

Names of both parents, and

Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records

If the certificate is a photocopy of the certified original document, it must come from the issuing

government authority and it must contain annotation by the issuing authority indicating that it is an

extract from the official records.

- A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth, as well as both parents names

(providing the baptism took place shortly after birth)

- An adoption decree for an adopted child

- An affidavit from a close relative, preferably the applicant's mother, stating the date and place of birth,

both parents names, and the mother's maiden name

Suitability of Documentation for Immigration Purposes:

For many countries, the U.S Department of State has established country-specific criteria for ensuring

that applicants submit documents appropriate for visa processing. Please go to our website

http://nvc.state.gov/ to determine if the U.S. Department of State has issued any country-specific

guidelines for the document requested.

All documents not in English or in the official language of the country where the visa application will be

processed must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement by

the translator which includes the following:

Translation is accurate

Timeline

I got the exact same reply as you have posted here. I´m going to call NVC again today and see what they say. The only thing I can do is send the exact same paperwork again :(. I´m just worried that by sending new documents again will delay it even more. I´ve read that it will take another 30 days for them to process new documents. And I have to send everything by "snail mail" instead of e-mail and that will take about 1-2 weeks before NVC recieve it.

We dont need all that copy and paste. You can resend and wait 30 days or wait the 42 for the supervisor review.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

We were stuck eight months at NVC and if it's one thing I learned it is to just give NVC what they ask for and stay off supervisor review. NVC are notorious for loosing documents, just save yourselves some time and send them what they ask for. Registered mail from Sweden to NVC took us about 3 to 4 business days, so not too bad

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

I got the exact same reply as you have posted here. I´m going to call NVC again today and see what they say. The only thing I can do is send the exact same paperwork again :(. I´m just worried that by sending new documents again will delay it even more. I´ve read that it will take another 30 days for them to process new documents. And I have to send everything by "snail mail" instead of e-mail and that will take about 1-2 weeks before NVC recieve it.

Well, if you do the math, would you rather:

A) Send documents now and wait up to 30 days

B) Wait 42 days to be told to send documents, and then wait 30 more days for them to be reviewed?

We all have to jump through the hoops on this journey unfortunately.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Snail mail from sweden doesn't take 1-2 weeks...5-7 days tops. Just send the papers again. It will definitely be faster than having a supervisor looking at it just to see that the papers actually are missing and you then have to send them again.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Did you send the correct birth certificate? The one they want is called personbevis 120. Don't be surprised if they ask for more "missing" stuff, it's a long and tiresome journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

I had similar experience with them. My case got complete before my kids. NBC said we didn't send the documents for the kids. Everything was in one package, the idea of sending all that document made me sick. So we called and we emailed and we were on them like chewing gum on shoe. My husband sent them a rather NICE email asking the if it was their family then what? My kids got their case complete 3 days later. So you can send the documents over or you can demand they review and keep on it. They say review is 42 days but that is not always the case. Good luck

(L) (L) (F) (F) Some peoples journey to love is harder than others, but when they reach their destination its definitely, definitely worth preserving. (F) (F) (L) (L)

event.png

blk-event.png

Timeline

Thanks to all of you for your input. Yes we did send in the correct paperwork (personbevis 120) I even talked to the American embassy in Stockholm and they told me to tell NVC that they (the embassy) refered to the reciprocity schedule were it clearly says that swedens birth- and marriage certificate is called personbevis . I talked to NVC yesterday and the guy I talked to said I could just scan the paperwork again and email it to my husband, he could print it and send it in again. And so he did. NVC will recieve it on thursday and counting ahead it will be the same date as if we would have waited the 42 days but at least we know that by sending it in again they cant say again that it´s missing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.