Pilou

Proof of living together

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

Im sending my husband's I-751 package next week, but I have a quick question. So my house is in my name but not my husband's since he didnt have enough credit at the time, would any of you have an idea as to how I can prove that we both pay the mortgage (statements only in my name)- or that we live together since his name is not on the deed? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help!!

Pilou

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Is his name on any of the utility bills?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My spouse is not on our deed, and we have no mortgage. We are sending photocopies of our driver's licenses, and copies of our house insurance where both of us are listed as insured. In addition, I am writing a short note explaining that I bought the house 11 years before we married, and that we are not changing the deed until she becomes a citizen.

Write a note explaining why your spouse is not on the deed, or on the mortgage. If your mortgage payments come out of a joint checking account, then highlight the payment on your bank statements.

Best of luck.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Driver's License or permit/state ID with home address

Bills with both names

Government letters with names. (Our state mails revenue reminder cards for taxes)

Medical bills

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Is his name on any of the utility bills?

Hi! So sorry for the last response, for some reason I didnt see that people responded!! His name is on the internet bill and we have a house insurance policy. My name is on the electricity bill since they dont do both names on the accounts anymore :)

My spouse is not on our deed, and we have no mortgage. We are sending photocopies of our driver's licenses, and copies of our house insurance where both of us are listed as insured. In addition, I am writing a short note explaining that I bought the house 11 years before we married, and that we are not changing the deed until she becomes a citizen.

Write a note explaining why your spouse is not on the deed, or on the mortgage. If your mortgage payments come out of a joint checking account, then highlight the payment on your bank statements.

Best of luck.

Sukie in NY

Thank you for your help Sukie, I will write a short note that my husband did not have enough credit at the time to be qualified for the mortgage. I have house insurance as well and both our driver's license are listed under my mom's address (we live in the same building- my mom and I)

Driver's License or permit/state ID with home address

Bills with both names

Government letters with names. (Our state mails revenue reminder cards for taxes)

Medical bills

Thanks for your help! I have joint accounts, both our drivers licenses have my my mom's address, but we were living together there as well for a period of time so I can show proof of that too. Car insurance, car lease insurance and home insurance, I also have credit cards with both our names and utility bills with same address so hopefully that will be enough along with all the photos etc;

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.