6 posts in this topic

Hello, My name is Ann and I am really screwed by USCIS.

I applied for form i-485 with i-131 and i-765 in February and I received the notice that my I-485 form was received with the wrong A-number ( I don't know who made a mistake but I am sure that's not me)

Then I received the notice of rejection for my other form i-131 and i-765 (with my right A number) as a result of insufficient funds.

I have visited the immigration center in Dallas twice and have been told that the A number the USCIS made is for someone else and my receipt number does not exist. WTH!!! Why did they give me 2 different A-number and how can I correct this?

This has and continues to be a arduous and frustrating process.

What should I do now...They said they can't give me an answer so just wait....but how long? It's been 2 months already.

Please help me, is there anyone who had this stupid case?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

1. By notice, do you mean your NOA1 for your Adjustment of Status, EAD, etc has the wrong A number on it?

2. Did they cash the check you submitted for payment? If not, then I would consider canceling the check and resubmitting the application. If they DID cash the check, I would make another infopass meeting and would bring evidence of the cashed check (plus that would be evidence you had sufficient funds), plus the NOA1 with the wrong A-number, the insufficient funds rejection letter, and your NOA2 from your K-1 visa application (with the correct A number).

If they have cashed your check, I would also recommend contacting your two senators' offices and your congressperson's office for assistance.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

To usmsbow,

Thanks for your reply...

1. Yes, it has a wrong A number on it.

2. Yes they cashed already and I brought evidence of the cashed check to the Dallas center but they keep saying my receipt number does not exist. I made a big mistake that I didn't make any copy of the NOA..(I had to resubmitted to USCIS) so the best thing I can do is wait until they resend my packet?

BTW I don't understand to contacting my two senators' offices and my congressperson's office.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So you entered the correct A# on the form and then the USCIS 'changed' it and gave you a receipt notice with the wrong A# for the I-485, bur the other 2 forms had the correct one?

Take proof of the check being cashed, and the rejection notices of the other 2 forms to show the correct A# on them. Explain again what happened and ask that they correct it in their system somehow so you do not have to pay the AOS fee twice. You should not have to pay double for their mistake. Also, contact the ombudsman that is linked above in this thread. See if you can get some help getting this resolved. And contacting your congressperson would be to seek help with your immigration problem. Some will contact the USCIS on your behalf to try and get your case moving.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

To KayDeeCee,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, Correct. The problem is that I didn't copy of the rejection notice. That's my big mistake. But I have a proof of the check being cashed.

You are right they made a mistake and I don't have to pay twice. I will check the link and if I can get some help.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.