USAontheway

Questions about processing of checklist item

16 posts in this topic

Hi again,

Ok - I sent a checklisted item (i-864 form from joint sponsor), via UPS tracking - UPS site shows it was received/signed for on April 6th; but still haven't gotten an email of a "scan date" of it.

--Should I be expecting a scan date email as the next step? Or is it possible they are proceeding without sending me notice of receipt of the item?

--Is the 30 day wait started all over again, once they scan it? I know, I should just be patient - but ohh I'm so hoping it won't. :/

Thanks again!!!

Edited by USAontheway

So...No one knows if we're supposed to get a scan date for a checklisted item? (Anyone?) Or if the wait starts all over? (Can I take the silence to mean, "Yep, you're toast, it's starting all over again.") :blush:

Still waiting...patiently....lol

Filed: Timeline

Lol, I'll take pity on you : If you had to chose an agent you should receive an email.

I get emails and they are usually sent late in the day but on the day the change happened .

My advise to you is to call them. Whenever you need an update or a confirmation,call. Don't wait for the email.

Now about the wait..Im in the same bucket with you. I had to resend my birth certificate copy and the wait time is 30-42days from my now new scan date which was March 24th .

So yes after waiting 31 days for them to see if I'm missing something now I have to wait another,at least,30 days.

I called today and still no one looked at my papers yet.

Good luck and yeah.. just hang in there.

Lol, I'll take pity on you : If you had to chose an agent you should receive an email.

I get emails and they are usually sent late in the day but on the day the change happened .

My advise to you is to call them. Whenever you need an update or a confirmation,call. Don't wait for the email.

Now about the wait..Im in the same bucket with you. I had to resend my birth certificate copy and the wait time is 30-42days from my now new scan date which was March 24th .

So yes after waiting 31 days for them to see if I'm missing something now I have to wait another,at least,30 days.

I called today and still no one looked at my papers yet.

Good luck and yeah.. just hang in there.

:rofl: lol - thank you for the pity, how did ya know it would make me feel a bit better? Yeah, wow - they still haven't given us a scan date; seems its taking even longer this round just to get the scan date! :clock: I did have to choose an agent but that was back at the start of this NVC process - yeah I guess I will try to call them soon.

Starting the whole thing all over again seems...cruel lol.. people could end up waiting years just because of checklists!!! ouch.

Sorry to hear you're in this same boat... Are you learning extreme patience, like me? lol... Taking up a new hobby? Forcing yourself not to look at the CEAC screen more than twice a day?

You hang in there too, thanks.... :)

Before NOA1 I stalked Uscis then I learned it's actually called stalking so I did it again with NOA2 :)) jk but this is torture.

Also I know for sure I did send all my papers.. They probably needed more time to process so came up w a ridiculous check list.

And when I called to ask why the woman said if I request a manager to pull out my case to find my copy it will delay my case a month and then some so.. I caved in and sent the damn thing.

Yes,The email is set up when u chose an agent at the beginning of all this.

Oh btw I sent mine out on the 17th and they received it on the 18th( I asked for signature) and the scan date was the 24th.

Idk how I didn't mention this before ..

Thanks for that! Yeah - we're going on 9 days since signed for.. hopefully we get a scan date soon! :)

Before NOA1 I stalked Uscis then I learned it's actually called stalking so I did it again with NOA2 :)) jk but this is torture.

Also I know for sure I did send all my papers.. They probably needed more time to process so came up w a ridiculous check list.

And when I called to ask why the woman said if I request a manager to pull out my case to find my copy it will delay my case a month and then some so.. I caved in and sent the damn thing.

Yes,The email is set up when u chose an agent at the beginning of all this.

Yep that's why I'm a bit wary on calling again - I definitely don't want it to get delayed even more! Trying to keep busy with other things right now, just to keep my mind off it lol... You hang in there, too!

Oh calling them to ask won't affect you in any way.

They are pretty polite and nice.

To pull your case out you would have to request a manager or supervisor to do that.

Call them :) also they don't keep count on how much you call .

Its always someone else answering anyway.

And other people call every day and more than once so..

Don't be afraid to elbow your way to info :))

Im just waiting for my mom..waiting for a spouse seems harder.

I can but don't want to imagine having to wait a whole year for the one you love:)) thats just cruel.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Well im round 2 with nvc.ive found theres a different answer everytime I call. They keep saying I have no translate in his language on his birth certificate.an its there together. I wrote a note as I was told to do an sent it in again!now im waiting...again.can I ask fir a supervisor if they reject it again?

Im sorry, let me see if I get this right: you sent all papers to Nvc and they sent you back a check list that requires a translation to a birth certificate?

And You said you sent a note saying the translation is there with rest of paper?

If all of the above is correct then I am sorry to tell you that the best thing to do was to just send again the translation.

My Romanian birth certificate is translated in 3 languages including english. If yours has the same and they still ask for a translation call NVC and ask for a tier 2 representative.

Explain you don't want anyone to pull your case out( means you will lose your spot in the line) but to just add a note to your case that the translation is on the birth certificate itself already.

They might tell you to either send a separate translation with the bar codes check list or they might suggest you have your case pulled out to clarify this. This is why I think u should just send a translation.

Good luck. Hope you figure it out:)

I think what's confusing to me is the word "note" :)

If the birth certificate is ONLY in your native language then the translation HAS to be made by a notary. It has to have a stamp that certifies that translation.

Sometimes even if it's translated by your country they still ask for a separate certified translation.

So when you say"note" to me it sounds like a post-it note attached to your copy:)It can not be a note written by you.

Now what you can do is to call them.

Ask what was the checklist exactly for.

This way you will know , based on what you just sent,if you are waiting now for CC or another checklist.

The thing is it's your decision on what you want to do.

You can ask for a supervisor, you can ask for a manager to pull your case out but if you don't send the right papers it's all in vain. A supervisor can only help(after45 days) if you sent the right things and they misplaced it.

I hope I'm not confusing you more:) I also wish you sent what they want and that all you are waiting for is just a CC:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Let me clarify I sent a signed statement and yes I sent them again wat they requested a birth cerificate duly signed an stated trsnfer from english from native language

Haha ok so you are saying you sent what they requested but u are worried they will still give you a checklist:)

Hi 5!! I finally got it:))

Then don't worry! Relax and "enjoy" the wait time like the rest of us:)

If they do send a second checklist(God forbid!)call them and ask for supervisor and a manager to pull your case out to find all the documents you sent .

Have no fear :) they are all nice people like us and they're job is to give you all the info they can.

Oh calling them to ask won't affect you in any way.

They are pretty polite and nice.

To pull your case out you would have to request a manager or supervisor to do that.

Call them :) also they don't keep count on how much you call .

Its always someone else answering anyway.

And other people call every day and more than once so..

Don't be afraid to elbow your way to info :))

Im just waiting for my mom..waiting for a spouse seems harder.

I can but don't want to imagine having to wait a whole year for the one you love:)) thats just cruel.

Just thought I'd update: I finally called NVC today and found out that our new scan date (for the checklisted items we sent in via UPS, signed for at NVC on April 6th) .... new scan date April 8th. lol :) So she said the wait is 30-45 days from that scan date, which we've already waited about 2 weeks of. (She said sometimes they don't bother sending a new scan date notification email)

Moral of the story: Calling NVC when in doubt really does seem the best thing to do! (Thanks again for the moral support here though, guys, and still best of luck to you too DaliQ!)...

Edited by USAontheway

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.