teddy k

Don't want to renew wife's green card

97 posts in this topic

Hi i was just wanted to know about not renewing her green card since she's telling me that as soon as she gets she's leaving me for someone who will give her a better life since she wants more than i can give her

Plus she only been here a year

There is nothing you can do about her ROC.

She can divorce you and file ROC with waiver on her own as long as she can prove she enters the marriage in good faith.

Aren't you just file your step-daughter to come to US too?

Edited by Merrytooth

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

I mean i give her what she wants but now she wants more since she's been talking with other Filipinos. Plus i just. Filed the i-130 for her daughter too

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

you can stop the process for your stepdaughter but for your wife as said, there is nothing you can do

she can divorce and remove conditions on her own

or you can divorce her as well and not bring her daughter

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Well i put her in her place when i showed her the prenup agreement that she signed i told her to call her uncle in phil to explain it to her and talk with her family about what's going on with her well after about an hour i don't know what was said she changed her turn real quick now we will see

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I feel for you. I, myself am considering pulling the affidavit of support before my ungrateful wife gets her 2 year green card. Thankfully, she is willing to go home quietly. If you want to talk in private, private message me and I will give you my phone number.

Thanks LEE i will just wait and see how things go cuz this morning a whole new her i don't know what her family said to her but i will wait and see. But thanks. Good luck on your end too

I don't think that she has fully adjusted all the way. I know it took my wife a little over a year to fully adjust to life here. She thought that she would come here and just not have to worry about anything at all, and it took me explaining to her and showing her how life is here then she was fine. It didn't help that 2 1/2 months after she got here a typhoon hit her province and she wanted to help out alot, because we were in the middle of a custody battle with my x-wife for my kids from my first marriage.

Now she understands that hey WE have a budget we have to go by every month. We have to live by that budget so that we have enough for bills, food, and whatever else we want to do. I told her I WILL not be sending any extra to the philippines than what is allotted unless it is a verified emergency, and only after all our bills are paid. Since I am the only one working right now she understands that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Highly unlikely that pre nup is enforceable.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Well i put her in her place when i showed her the prenup agreement that she signed i told her to call her uncle in phil to explain it to her and talk with her family about what's going on with her well after about an hour i don't know what was said she changed her turn real quick now we will see

If she didn't fully understand the prenup when she signed it, and it sounds like she didn't, then it won't count in a divorce. You should have hired her a lawyer to explain it to her at the time of signing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.