johny.96

what happens next?? Reopened and approved case by USCIS

19 posts in this topic

We were almost done with the procedures in NVc , when NVC sent back our case to USCIS for administrative action. Because of the death of our petitioner our petition was subject to automatic revocation. Thus it was denied. So we filed I290b(motion to reopen or reconsider) and after a wait of 3 months I290b was approved and I130 reopened. Later we got the approval notice from USCIS and informed us that the case was sent to NVC for visa processing on 4th april 2016. So my questions are?

1.How long will it take the case to reach NVC?

2.since we are already having our case number at nvc, will there be a change in the number ?

3.Do we have to go through the whole procedure again?

4.If no to the above qn(3) , from where will our case be resumed at NVC?

5.Will we have any priority compared to the other cases as our PD had become current in sep 2015 (f4 category).

6.Will our ds 260 fee be expired?

7.Do we need to submit new i864?(the previous i864 was also filed by the new sponsor).

All replies would be really appreciated. This case is kinda out of the box .. so i couldnt find answers to the above qns in any other forums. So thought i could get some insight. Thanks again . :))

Our case i130 was reaffirmed on jan 13 from uscis. At this point nvc still hasnt recieved it.i was told to wait til april 13 to call back,

Your case was sent back from nvc or embassy?

Embassy, on june 10 2015 uscis recieved it back then to nvc jan 13-2016 still waiting.we've Been married 2 yrs

It must be on administrative process. For us it was sent from nvc even before interview so i guess the scenario is different. We have been waiting for 13.5 years now so you are at much better place.

Is the original joint sponsor now your substitute sponsor , if not the new person must submit an I863 also.

I864 you mean? We she is not joint sponsor. She is substitute sponsor from the beginning of our process in nvc. And I864 can be given by anybody i guess

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

the petitioner ( or substitute in your special case ) is always the primary but an immigrant can also have another person that makes up income deficiencies

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

• 3 weeks later...

Embassy, on june 10 2015 uscis recieved it back then to nvc jan 13-2016 still waiting.we've Been married 2 yrs

Our case is back in nvc. Now we are waiting for our case to be complete. Whats new with your case?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Omg what a nightmare! Our case has not been reaffirmed as said and by the email.nebraska did this then sent it to california! At my info pass the ofgicer called california and told them about the uscis email i give her.CA. gave her direct number to officer with our file.its there..the memphis officer called me after two days to tell me he was working hard on our file and waiting for a senior superviser to come in monday to decide if to reaffirm or revoke. Its wed now. Memphis said she would update me soon has she heard something, and CA officer was good about updating her, i told her CA needs to really consider reaffirming considering the heart they caused us for the last 3 months being told it was reaffirmed.she understood but its not in her hands.so here we wait.somebody in nebraska was sleeping on the job and should be reprimanded For this mistake!

Omg what a nightmare! Our case has not been reaffirmed as said and by the email.nebraska did this then sent it to california! At my info pass the ofgicer called california and told them about the uscis email i give her.CA. gave her direct number to officer with our file.its there..the memphis officer called me after two days to tell me he was working hard on our file and waiting for a senior superviser to come in monday to decide if to reaffirm or revoke. Its wed now. Memphis said she would update me soon has she heard something, and CA officer was good about updating her, i told her CA needs to really consider reaffirming considering the heart they caused us for the last 3 months being told it was reaffirmed.she understood but its not in her hands.so here we wait.somebody in nebraska was sleeping on the job and should be reprimanded For this mistake!

Sorry to hear. Sometimes the wait is just so unfair.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.