kandikandi

I-129f filing to K1 visa approval - how long will it take?

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

A little confused by the processing times I saw on a webpage a short while ago. My fiance is in Houston and is filing our I-129f for us on Saturday.

My question is, what determines what processing center our application will go to?

And also...I'm confused by the processing times. When I looked up the current processing times I thought there was a delay but then I saw another thread a short while ago where the person said their wait time seems quite short. Maybe I'm interpreting the information wrong, I don't know.

With the current processing times, if we file this weekend, April 9th, assuming there's no RFE's or anything, can anyone experienced with this process estimate when you think we will get an interview? For those in the middle of the process right now, has it been moving quickly so far?

I ask because although we are basically just starting this process, we are quite eager to set some plans in motion from now and it is really very frustrating that the entire process can be very unpredictable! I need to know that the light at the end of the tunnel exists! lol thanks guys...

03/11/16 - Engaged!

09/27/16 – Interview Date – Approved

10/13/16 – POE Houston

12/22/16 - HAPPILY MARRIED!!!!

01/09/17 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

01/23/17 - NOA1 texts and emails received

01/27/17 - NOA1 hardcopies received 

02/11/17 - Biometrics appointment letter received

02/21/17 - Biometrics appointment

04/17/17 - EAD status changed to New Card Being Produced

04/21/17 - NOA2 hardcopies for EAD and AP received 

04/26/17 - EAD/AP combo card received

05/26/17 - RFE Received (I-485)

06/12/17 - RFE Response Received at Houston Field office

06/22/17 - I-485 approved, Card being produced

06/29/17 - Hardcopy I-485  approval notice received

07/01/17 - Greencard in hand

Right now all applications are forwarded to the CSC office (California) so that the other's can catch up on their backlog and what not. Processing times are different for everyone so it's hard to say since every case is unique. At the moment a straight forward case takes roughly a month and a half to two months to be processed and approved before it's sent to the NVC. After the NVC forwards it to your respective Embassy the time table changes based on the country the beneficiary is located. Try narrowing your search on the timeline to just your embassy/beneficiary's country and you'll see how long/short it is for them. My fiance was from the UK so my timeline after USCIS approval won't really help you. Definitely connect with others in your country portal and good luck! :)

event.png

event.png

Thanks! Does it really take a month for it to be sent from CSC office to the NVC though?

03/11/16 - Engaged!

09/27/16 – Interview Date – Approved

10/13/16 – POE Houston

12/22/16 - HAPPILY MARRIED!!!!

01/09/17 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

01/23/17 - NOA1 texts and emails received

01/27/17 - NOA1 hardcopies received 

02/11/17 - Biometrics appointment letter received

02/21/17 - Biometrics appointment

04/17/17 - EAD status changed to New Card Being Produced

04/21/17 - NOA2 hardcopies for EAD and AP received 

04/26/17 - EAD/AP combo card received

05/26/17 - RFE Received (I-485)

06/12/17 - RFE Response Received at Houston Field office

06/22/17 - I-485 approved, Card being produced

06/29/17 - Hardcopy I-485  approval notice received

07/01/17 - Greencard in hand

For a case without any red flags it takes about a month and a half to two months to review the application and then once it's approved, you can called the NVC after ten business days and that's about when they'll receive it from the USCIS. After they receive it they'll look over the paperwork to make sure everything is in order--how long that takes varies, some people go into further administrative processing and others are sent off after a few days of receiving the case. There's no way to tell what actually triggers that but you kind of just have to go with the flow. NVC ships DHL express so it can take anywhere from 3 business days to a week or so for the embassy to receive it--just depends on what country you're in. After that it's on the embassy's timeline and there isn't much light I can shed on that. Mind you, this is all rough time frames. Even a straight forward case can take longer as the USCIS website states that it can take anywhere up to 5 months to process the application.....or even longer as some have experienced. Hope that helps!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the USCIS Service Centers forum -- topic involves timing of processing. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My question is, what determines what processing center our application will go to?

USCIS makes that determination based on current processing at other service centers. ALL petitions are mailed to the Texas address.

And also...I'm confused by the processing times. When I looked up the current processing times I thought there was a delay but then I saw another thread a short while ago where the person said their wait time seems quite short. Maybe I'm interpreting the information wrong, I don't know.

With the current processing times, if we file this weekend, April 9th, assuming there's no RFE's or anything, can anyone experienced with this process estimate when you think we will get an interview? For those in the middle of the process right now, has it been moving quickly so far?

I ask because although we are basically just starting this process, we are quite eager to set some plans in motion from now and it is really very frustrating that the entire process can be very unpredictable! I need to know that the light at the end of the tunnel exists! lol thanks guys...

Plan for 10 months and be happy with 5.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.