Milo42

Wife put on AP- second marriage

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I'm a US citizen who filed form I 130 twice. The first time was in 2012 for my first wife who got her I130 approved and, since she was living in America, she got her Greencard (conditional) without issues following our interview. A year later we separated then divorced.

I then remarried my second wife who is an Egyptian national I've met during my many visits to Egypt. I then filed I130 for her as well. Her petition got approved and her interview at US embassy in Cairo was on 3/15/2015. At the time of the interview the CO told her they had what they needed and that she should hear from them soon. They kept her passport and returned extra documents (submitted by me to USCIS and NVC) to her. Since the interview, her status has been AP without change. I also want to note that my wife and I have a US daughter together and she attended the interview with my wife.

My main question is this: Will my wife get denied the visa because I already petitioned a previous spouse before (who successfully received a greencard)?

What are our chances of approval?

Thank you,

Hamid

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Was your first wife Egyptian as well?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

~~moved to AP and waivers from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

So first wife got green card in 2013 or 2012?

You divorced 2013 or 2014?

Then you petitioned your current wife in 2015?

Was her interview 2015 or 2016?

How old is the child?

Yes as this is your second petition in a short period of timd, it does look suspicious.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

~~moved to AP and waivers from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

So first wife got green card in 2013 or 2012?

You divorced 2013 or 2014?

Then you petitioned your current wife in 2015?

Was her interview 2015 or 2016?

How old is the child?

Yes as this is your second petition in a short period of timd, it does look suspicious.

First wife got greencard in 2012

I divorced in 2013

I petitioned my current wife in 2015 (December)

Child is 9-month-old US Citizen (CRBA)

Timeline

My friend petitioned for two Mexican wives within few years and he never had problem. But I think that was about 8 years ago.

Yeah, I know somebody who did that two and had no problems and it was 3 years ago. My first wife is a US citizen now. My two marriages are real. Why is it suspicious to get divorced and remarry? People marry and divorce all the time. After I married my first wife I realized how reckless and irresponsible she was and couldn't continue living with her. Now I have a loving wife and wonderful daughter that are all what I have. I can't wait to have them here at the US so that we may go on with our normal life. Both my wife and I are Egyptian btw. Thanks for any feedback.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, I know somebody who did that two and had no problems and it was 3 years ago. My first wife is a US citizen now. My two marriages are real. Why is it suspicious to get divorced and remarry? People marry and divorce all the time. After I married my first wife I realized how reckless and irresponsible she was and couldn't continue living with her. Now I have a loving wife and wonderful daughter that are all what I have. I can't wait to have them here at the US so that we may go on with our normal life. Both my wife and I are Egyptian btw. Thanks for any feedback.

Why? A little something called human trafficking and visa fraud

Timeline

How did your first wife obtain her US Citizenship?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I too am unsure how your first wife could be a USC already if you were divorced a year after she arrived. Getting a green card in 2012 and divorce in 2013, means the earliest she could get citizenship was 2017. Unless it was a vawa case.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

VAWA puts a different complexion on things.

I don't think it's going to be a huge issue like moving mountains but I expect that you guys will have to show stronger evidence than before and your wife may have a more in depth interview.

My husband knows a Jamacian guy that married 2 Jamacian women within 3 years and didn't have much of a problem.

Best thing is to deal with it stage by stage and try not think of possible set backs until you get there with it. Just make sure you have good evidence.

And I'm sure someone on here will have been in a similar situation.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I'm a US citizen who filed form I 130 twice. The first time was in 2012 for my first wife who got her I130 approved and, since she was living in America, she got her Greencard (conditional) without issues following our interview. A year later we separated then divorced.

I then remarried my second wife who is an Egyptian national I've met during my many visits to Egypt. I then filed I130 for her as well. Her petition got approved and her interview at US embassy in Cairo was on 3/15/2015. At the time of the interview the CO told her they had what they needed and that she should hear from them soon. They kept her passport and returned extra documents (submitted by me to USCIS and NVC) to her. Since the interview, her status has been AP without change. I also want to note that my wife and I have a US daughter together and she attended the interview with my wife.

My main question is this: Will my wife get denied the visa because I already petitioned a previous spouse before (who successfully received a greencard)?

What are our chances of approval?

Thank you,

Hamid

As long as you disclosed everything on your petition, your fine there. Its unusual for a woman to be put in AP, but we will see a lot more of that after the December killings in San Bernardino, Ca. with one of the terrorist with links to ISIS being a woman.

Maybe its time to contact your congressman and have them inquire on the issue.

AOS in the USA.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

May I ask, were you born here? If not, how did you obtain your citizenship?

AOS in the USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.