suziesadek

Administrative Processing No 221g Given???

50 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband had his Interview March 17 2016. Interview went well. CO told hubby if we call you we will need more information if we don't your Visa will be processed. She said the case looked good. Took his passport and didn't ask for anymore evidence. No new update since and case shows AP. Interview in Cairo Egypt

Edited by suziesadek

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband had his Interview March 17 2016. Interview went well. CO told hubby if we call you we will need more information if we don't your Visa will be processed. She said the case looked good. Took his passport and didn't ask for anymore evidence. No new update since and case shows AP. Interview in Cairo Egypt

Hello Suzie,

My wife had her interview at the US embassy in Cairo on the same date (03/17/2016) and I can say we had the same exact experience. The CO said everything is looking good, didn't ask for any additional evidence, kept the passport, and said we should hear from Aramex soon. Since the interview day her status has been the same "AP". I even called NVC today and they said the case is under review in the Cairo embassy. My wife and I are both Egyptians and have an 8 months old son who is also a US citizen. I'm very frustrated. I hope they give us the visa soon so we can move on with our lives.

Nonna,

Our case was complete on November 15, 2015. I wish you the best.

Ashraf

Timeline

I had same thing since the first of Mar and nothing happened at Cairo Embassy no update taken or any other documents only police certificate and I'm still waiting........,

Timeline

The country gets a lot of ppl put in AP at times for long, nothing speed

up the process until they finish fine-tuning back-ground checks in the region

Do you know the average time people are put under AP? I'm surprised my wife is going through AP despite the fact that she is someone who never left Egypt before. We also have a child who is a US citizen. We had a ton of additional paperwork proving our marriage but they never asked for it. Embassy is not giving any info either. Sigh

Timeline

Mr.Ash do u live with ur wife here i egypt as well? just wondering cuz im a u.s citizen just resdidng here with my spouse but my permant rental address is in the u.s ..but am worried once we get an interview the co may question proff we r leaving cairo since i have been with my spouse off and on here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Out situation is exactly the same our interview was on March 14th the CO said everything g looked good barely asked us any questions we showed her out travel plans and wedding arrangement she gave us an approval letter and said our dates shouldn't be a problem. But since our interview we have been on AP when we check out status no updates since the interview . We called the NVC and Cairo embassy and they said our case is in Cairo going under AP and to be patient . I guess the approval

Meant nothing and we were put under AP

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do you know the average time people are put under AP? I'm surprised my wife is going through AP despite the fact that she is someone who never left Egypt before. We also have a child who is a US citizen. We had a ton of additional paperwork proving our marriage but they never asked for it. Embassy is not giving any info either. Sigh

There is no average time for AP. It takes as long as it takes.

I must say that since these recent terrorist attacks in California, Paris, Belgium, Africa, etc I have seen many many posts about AP. Coincidence? Possibly, but I personally feel the US government is taking more time for background checks, etc. Go to the AP forum and read the surplus of threads on this topic. It seems to be quite the norm these days.

I wish you luck! I know how very difficult the separation is.

Timeline

Mr.Ash do u live with ur wife here i egypt as well? just wondering cuz im a u.s citizen just resdidng here with my spouse but my permant rental address is in the u.s ..but am worried once we get an interview the co may question proff we r leaving cairo since i have been with my spouse off and on here

No, I live in the USA and my wife still lives in Egypt with my US citizen son. Sorry I don't understand the rest of your question.

Timeline

There is no average time for AP. It takes as long as it takes.

I must say that since these recent terrorist attacks in California, Paris, Belgium, Africa, etc I have seen many many posts about AP. Coincidence? Possibly, but I personally feel the US government is taking more time for background checks, etc. Go to the AP forum and read the surplus of threads on this topic. It seems to be quite the norm these days.

I wish you luck! I know how very difficult the separation is.

Thank you very much. Much appreciated.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Still under AP..... Feel like they are doing nothing and it's frustrating...another week has passed. So for now will just live normally try to get this out of my mind. It's very depressing... People have to much control.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.