dulce_lluvia

RFE Do I include a cover page?

7 posts in this topic

So, I am responding to my RFE. I read in a lot of places to send anything else I think might help the case.

Should I include a cover page to describe the other things I am sending apart from what they asked?

Did anyone else include a cover page? Or just sent everything together?

Thank You!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We always included a cover letter with all of our submissions (including our RFE) to USCIS. It served as a checklist to us as to what we needed to include in our package. Additionally, it quickly tells the adjudicator the contents of our package.

BTW, our ROC RFE response package weighed in at under four pounds, so we wanted to make certain that we included all of our evidence.

YMMV.

Good luck luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I read that as well about sending anything else to help your case.

In my case, I got an RFE for just one item - rather simple. I did send a cover page though even tho it was just one item. I just put a couple statements like "enclosed is the requested document..." and I added on something to the effect saying I'd also like to express again support of my petition for XXX..."

Make sure you follow their instructions especially with using their mailing envelope and putting the blue paper right on top of everything.

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

8/5/16: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

All done for now! :)

Thanks everyone for their help. I have another question. I was hoping to expedite the amount of time it takes to get there. Since I am in Texas, and the place its being processed is California. So i HAVE to send it in that envelope? How can I expedite it?

Thank You

Thanks everyone for their help. I have another question. I was hoping to expedite the amount of time it takes to get there. Since I am in Texas, and the place its being processed is California. So i HAVE to send it in that envelope? How can I expedite it?

Thank You

It's always a good idea to mail using a tracking option, such as USPS priority express or USPS priority mail. Priority mail is normally twice as expensive, but promises next day or two day delivery. I have found that priority mail is much more affordable and can get the package there within the same time frame. The stuff we have mailed so far has reached the USCIS PO Boxes within two days. You can use FedEx or UPS, but they can't deliver to a post office box, so that's why I have always preferred using USPS.

If you are asking about an expedite for your K-1 petition, that's another different thing. Those criteria can be found here https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria and you will need to provide evidence of the reason of your expedite. You initiate the expedite by calling the USCIS, but will need to provide the evidence rather fast after the request has been assigned to an officer.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank You

Use the post office USPS Priority Express. They deliver to PO Boxes overnight guaranteed and it's about 25 dollars maybe. I chose regular priority mail since I'm here in Cali and it was the same delivery day for me.

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

8/5/16: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

All done for now! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.