wcoskrey

Same-Sex K1 for Egyptian Fiancé

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My petition for the K1 has been approved, and we are about to schedule his interview, but some Egyptian attorneys have told him that he may encounter problems when he tries to leave Egypt with the fiancé visa stamped in his passport, because the visa will show my full name, making it obvious that he is emigrating to marry another guy.

Does anyone know of any Egyptian same-sex K1 holders who have left Egypt with no problems?

Thanks.

Why would it have your name you are not the one getting the visa???

Ya the petitioners name is not on the visa, it is in the packet but that stays with you until you reach border control in the US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I agree why would it have your partner's name on it? Whoever told you that is full of #######.

Yep to the ####

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually I just checked my K1 and it has a line labelled petitioner and then his full name is listed.

AOS from K1

4/20/16: Package delivered

4/27/16: NOA1

5/23/16: Biometrics

6/3/16: Ready for interview status on I-485

7/5/16: SR1 filed (over 75 days)

7/26/16: SR2 filed (over 90 days) - 96 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Actually I just checked my K1 and it has a line labelled petitioner and then his full name is listed.

I'm surprised by that! Guess i learned something new. Would never have guessed that since its not their visa

I'm surprised by that! Guess i learned something new. Would never have guessed that since its not their visa

+1 I learned something new today as well thank you for that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife's says: "FIANCEE OF MR. JOHN Q. CITIZEN"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

If Egyptian authorities don't ask, then don't tell.

Also, don't forget to get stamped off clearing him of leaving the country by the Egyptian Military.

Not sure what you mean by "get stamped off clearing him of leaving the country by the Egyptian Military." Is that something over and above the examination of his passport by Egyptian Immigration as he leaves?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

My name was on the visa in my wife's passport - also a K-1.

Edited by tamcloud

K-1...

08/09/2015: I-129F mailed
08/14/2015: NOA1 received by email; hardcopy received approximately 08/17/2015
09/14/2015: NOA2 received
09/30/2015: NVC received case
10/02/2015: CEAC status changed to "In Transit"
10/08/2015: CEAC status changed to "Ready"
10/09/2015: Consulate acknowledged receipt via phone; Hardcopy from US DoS with case number.
10/19/2015: Received information from Consulate.
10/28/2015: Medical Exam
11/17/2015: Interview...rescheduled due to computer problems. New date as yet unknown.
11/18/2015: Called in for interview and APPROVED!

11/24/2015: Picked up visa/passport and sealed packet from the Consulate! <happy dance>

02/14/2016: Arrived in the U.S. (POE was Bermuda)...CO was really nice!

02/18/2016: Married! :)

AOS...

03/02/2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package mailed
03/14/2016: I-485/765/131 NOAs received by mail. USCIS Received Date 03/04/2016; USCIS Notice Date 03/10/2016
03/25/2016: Received biometrics appointment letter for I-485 & I-765
04/04/2016: Biometrics appointment
04/26/2016: Received notification that the I-131 was approved and the name was updated on the I-765
05/23/2016: Received notice that card was being produced for I-765.
05/28/2016: Received EAD/AP card.
06/01/2016: Received electronic notice that AOS interview has been scheduled.
06/30/2016: I-485 interview at USCIS Baltimore Field Office.
09/01/2016: InfoPass appointment made for 09/07/2016.
09/06/2016: Received electronic notification that I-485 was approved on 09/02/2016.
09/09/2016: Received approval letter.
09/14/2016: Green Card delivered! :)

ROC...

06/13/2018: I-751 package mailed to Vermont Service Center
06/25/2018: NOA/extension letter received, dated 06/19/2018

07/14/2018: Received ASC notice for Biometrics Appointment

07/25/18: Completed Biometrics

06/13/19: Received email notification of card production. I-751 approved!

06/19/19: 10yr card delivered!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My petition for the K1 has been approved, and we are about to schedule his interview, but some Egyptian attorneys have told him

Why are Egyptian attorneys involved? There is no need for them.

that he may encounter problems when he tries to leave Egypt with the fiancé visa stamped in his passport, because the visa will show my full name, making it obvious that he is emigrating to marry another guy.

By whom? Airport personnel? For sure not at POE here in the States.

Does anyone know of any Egyptian same-sex K1 holders who have left Egypt with no problems?

Thanks.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.