naomil

Too much information for I-129F package?

12 posts in this topic

HI,

My fiance and I are about to embark on this K1 process :) We plan on filing on April 5th (i'm going to squeeze in one last visit from next week until april 4th)

Is there such a thing as including too much information for the "proof of an ongoing relationship?" Today I had the idea of including our contract and deposit slip for our wedding venue.

The other things I plan to include are:

- 10 pics

- sample of emails over time

- boarding passes, tickets, passport stamps from both our passports.

I really don't want an RFE for that type information, we've put our wedding for very late october, So i believe we'll have enough time!

What do you guys think?

:goofy: AOS Timeline :goofy:
2016-11-03 - Package Sent - I-485, AP & EAD
2016-11-08 - Delivery Confirmation - Fedex
2016-11-22 - I-129F NOA1 : (text message)

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

well based on your country if its low fraud or high you should frontload your peition , which is what im doing for mine. What about your social apps like facebook msger , whatsapp , viber , skype? Is email the only communication? i think you need more but thats just my opinion. And setting up a wedding venue may not be a good idea till you have the visa in hand

Well I have no idea if my country (Trinidad and tobago) has a high incidence of visa fraud or not. Is there somewhere I can find that information? We mostly use facetime and iMessage. I was under the impression there isn't a way to 'print' this information out since it uses data and not actual telephone calls. The venue is flexible, we can move the date without penalty once we haven't crossed into the 90 day threshold. So i'm monitoring that closely.

Edited by msleja

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Is there somewhere I can find that information?

Not really.

There is no one size fits all approach when it comes to the size of a file. Assemble what you feel makes the most compelling case while at the same time you focus on quality over quantity.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

HI,

My fiance and I are about to embark on this K1 process :) We plan on filing on April 5th (i'm going to squeeze in one last visit from next week until april 4th)

Is there such a thing as including too much information for the "proof of an ongoing relationship?" Today I had the idea of including our contract and deposit slip for our wedding venue.

- 10 pics

I really don't want an RFE for that type information, we've put our wedding for very late october, So i believe we'll have enough time!

What do you guys think?

We front-loaded our application as well, and it was so worth it. Our final I-129F was nearly 5 inches thick and weighed three pounds; but we had no issues with our process. All of those things sound very good!

You could also consider including:

Signed letters from people who know you both together,

Selected notes from messenger apps

Phone logs

If you're friends on FB; you can go to the "See Friendship' link on your beloved's page and see everything you've ever posted about each other, which I printed and submitted with our application

I also went kinda overboard and submitted scanned receipts from purchases I made while in my beloved's country, as well as statements from my bank account noting when I bought my plane tickets and purchases made while in the country as well. (I didn't want to give them ANY reason to deny us or slow the process down, as beloved's country is a high fraud country)

Finally, I also made notes throughout the application connecting evidence together. For example, if we had boarding passes showing a trip to Thailand, I also put "See passport pages for matching stamps" and "see pictures from trip to Thailand"

I figure too much info is better than too little and it is good to submit things that are considered difficult to fake. What you have sounds really good though! Congrats on already planning your wedding!! October is such a gorgeous time for a wedding.

Blessings to you and your beloved on your journey!!

Meg + T

All that we are and all that will be we dedicate to the One who brought us together

Timeline:

K-1 Journey:

Petition sent: 03/27/2014

Interview date!!! 10/06/2014

AOS:

Packet received at Chicago Lockbox: 2/2/2015

EAD approved! 2/26/2015

AP approved! 2/26/2015

Green card received!! 09/24/2015

ROC: 

I-751 sent off to CSC: 7/25/2017

NOA1: 7/27/2017

Filed Inquiry into Biometrics status: 9/18/2017

10 Year Green Card Approved!!! 10/22/2018

Next Stop, Citizenship! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You won't get an RFE for not having enough proof of relationship. That is not a requirement of the I-129F petition. You need to provide plenty of proof that you have met in person within the 2 years prior to filing. Anything you add in as proof of relationship would be 'front-loading', and is for the consulate to see later for the K-1 visa interview.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: Armenia
Timeline

For my 129F, I had 50-60 images, copies of every receipt from sending her a gift to being out there with her, 60 pages of (edited) Skype chat.

Hello.

I am not filing my petition yet, but I am preparing myself.

May I ask what is "edited" skype chat?

Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

HI,

- 10 pics

What do you guys think?

You should NEVER schedule any kind of wedding until the visa is in hand.

I would not send any wedding planning anything since that could be seen as being presumptuous.

You may or may not have the visa by this October. Plan for 10 months and be happy with 5.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

You should NEVER schedule any kind of wedding until the visa is in hand.

I would not send any wedding planning anything since that could be seen as being presumptuous.

You may or may not have the visa by this October. Plan for 10 months and be happy with 5.

Mmmmm thanks a bunch. I'll definitely leave that information out then, didn't think about how it may be perceived. I'll stick to the standard

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

HI,

- 10 pics

What do you guys think?

This is simple to think about, you would rather go over that below or not enough. It's just simple to be over prepared than under prepared. Good luck on your journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

HI,

Is there such a thing as including too much information for the "proof of an ongoing relationship?"

Yes and No, depends on the information provided.

Today I had the idea of including our contract and deposit slip for our wedding venue.

Very presumptuous of you to include this; how do you know you will even be granted the visa? Leave it out.

- 10 pics Great

- sample of emails over time What is their content? Do you talk about serious relationship stuff? That is what they want to see.

- boarding passes, tickets, passport stamps from both our passports. the best

Maybe

What do you guys think?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.