worriedgirl1

PLEASE HELP, MOM VISA REFUSED- WHAT TO DO NEXT (merged)

45 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

How bad does it have to be to get ban for misrepresentation? We have forgotten to put entry and exit day on ds260 application. We gave them list of dates including that date when CO asked for explanation for each entry and exit. I am worried because of the discrepancy that we could get banned for misrepresentation. Is it likely? I am not sure if we will be given chance to explain that we merely forgot to put it on the application. The documents have been in AP for about a week..so worried i dont know how you guys do it day in day out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Does not sound material.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

they are not (should not) care if one traveled on a Wednesday, but listed Tuesday,,,,not material.

I filled out her ds-260 because she doesn't know English. CO interviewed the petitioner and asked why she had been denied entry at border. She told the truth that she was traveling with her minor daughter who had overstayed her visa. Border agent cancelled my mom's visa and returned them both. They made them withdraw their entry application. CO asked for more documents to be brought and also the list of exit and entries for both petitioner and young child. When going through the list we realized I have left out 1 whole trip 16 yrs ago and another trip that was about 8 years ago. They aren't on the DS application..She never overstayed and we never meant to not include them on application. Now just thinking of worst case scenarios here, I wanted to know if it was possible for her to get some sort of ban without getting a chance to explain. The CO asked for letter explanation of of my sister who had overstayed (who is 13 and not in the petition) not sure why this all matters?

Timeline

So the daughters visa was invalid but she was trying to bring her in using invalid documentation, that could certainly be an issue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

The one I mentioned.

Timeline

She never overstayed, so that shouldnt be an issue. Ceac website shows status as Ready. I called NVC and they said that decision hasn't been made and that it is in Admin Processing. What actually happens in AP? are they checking over all of her things? or running more background checks?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My mom got a call from embassy saying she needed to come back in. She wouldnt be able to go back until a week from now. CEAC status was updated to refused. Do you think they are just giving her paperwork back? I called NVC and they wont give me any information on it. How are we supposed to know in the meantime of what is going on?

Timeline

My mother's visa was refused, she has an appointment set a week from now . I am guessing that it is so she can get her passport and refusal letter. In the meantime I don't know why it has been refused. I found this out through CEAC status request this morning. I will be with my mom for her interview and I hope I can go in with her and find out.

My understanding is that since she is my mom I cannot do a waiver for her.

If you appeal the consular officer's decision this needs to be done in 30 days. I will not be back in the US in time to do file this, all lawyers seem busy to take new applicants so how do I find someone who is willing to take this case asap?

I find it so hard to believe that there is nothing else you can do (not even a waiver) since she is my mom. So what now? just because of one consular's decision there is nothing else you can do?

I have never felt so powerless in my life.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.