mazakman

waiting for k-1 visa interview in Abu Dhabi

18 posts in this topic

Can someone help?,

we are so confused about the scheduling of the interview in Abu Dhabi! In the instructions sent on Dec. 9 ,2015 they did mention scheduling an interview on ais.usvisa-info.com. they also mentioned about a lot of other outdated stuff like the DS-156K? we tried to email about these questions, but an auto-reply told us to find answers on abudhabiivo.net. So after reading on that site we came to the conclusion that we wait for the embassy to schedule the interview? Now, after reading some post on this site I'm very confused about what needs to be done and how. So I'm reading here that the interview is scheduled thru the ais.usvisa-info.com site. My fiancée was on that site in Dec. and tried to create an acct. thru the immigrant visa pg. but she didn't complete it because in the visa class, there was no K-1 option to click on? Also, on our Dec. 9, 2015 instructions, it states we pay the $265 fee on the day of the interview? I read here that the fee needs to be paid online on the ais.usvisa-info site? I am so confused, the info given between the websites and instructions emailed from the embassy is very unclear/outdated/contradictory? Can anyone help? we get no reply from the embassy?

Feel free to send me a private message if you need more detailed help I just went through the Abu Dhabi Embassy back in December.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to MENA Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Feel free to send me a private message if you need more detailed help I just went through the Abu Dhabi Embassy back in December.

sorry if I'm off topic.

My fiancee has her K1 visa interview scheduled in Abu Dhabi on April 5th. We've compiled all necessary documentation including the Philippine police clearance. The one thing we do not have yet is the UAE police clearance. We applied several weeks and have heard nothing

Can you share with us your experience at the US embassy in Abu Dhabi and what paperwork they requested. Did you have to provide a UAE police clearance and if so, how long did it take you to get this document.

thank you

AOS/AD,EAD

2016-06-20 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

2016-06-22 Package received

2016-07-01 check cashed

2016-07-05 NOA1 email messages received

2016-07-08 received 3 NOA1 hard copies

2016-07-15 Biometrics letter received, scheduled for July 29

2016-07-19 Biometrics completed, walk-in at Morrisville, NC office

2016-07-25 All 3 receipt numbers start showing up online

2016-08-15 I-485 status changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

2016-08-27 Received notices that EAD and AP are approved

2016-09-03 Received I-797 approval notices for EAD/AP in the mail

2016-09-06 Received EAD/AP combo card

2016-09-22 Interviewed Sep. 22, Green card not approved due to missing paperwork

2016-09-26 Submitted missing documentation

2016-09-28 Received text messages for I-485 "new card ordered" and "case was approved"

​2016-09-29 Went o local office to have passport stamped with I-551

2016-10-05 Green card arrived via Priority Mail (105 days)

sorry if I'm off topic.

My fiancee has her K1 visa interview scheduled in Abu Dhabi on April 5th. We've compiled all necessary documentation including the Philippine police clearance. The one thing we do not have yet is the UAE police clearance. We applied several weeks and have heard nothing

Can you share with us your experience at the US embassy in Abu Dhabi and what paperwork they requested. Did you have to provide a UAE police clearance and if so, how long did it take you to get this document.

thank you

It only took 2 days when my fiance got his I would go back to make sure there was nothing missing or maybe its ready and they just havent contacted you. You can get it at any of the police stations so if one gives you an issue just go to another one until you are able to get it. The UAE police clearance is required.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I have a friend in Dubai she is going through the entire process with the VISA. From what I understand that the embassy will no longer send you a package, its all done online, from what I understood from her. Her fiance in the US received an email telling him to have her fill our the DS-160 and apply online. When there is an appointment available she will be notified online to pay the 265 dollars fee and to go for medical exam. In Dubai, medical exam has to be done one week before the interview and the approved medical centers will not do it unless you have appointment for your interview. You will have a list of documents to bring with you the to the interview.

Hello aayoub1, thanks for the info. The info the embassy sends when they receive the petition is very confusing and inconsistent. they will send her/her fiance an email of instructions. which say many different things. But, we learned that you have to create an acct. in the www.ais.usvisa-info.com website and pay online before you can schedule an interview on that same site. so she wants to create that acct. and pay online and then schedule her interview. The info on their abudhabiivo.net website says they will schedule your interview and you can pay the fee at the embassy on the day of the interview, but that's not true. Thankfully they extended our expiration date because it expired while we were waiting for them to schedule our I-view before we found out the real truth from someone on this visajourney site. So you may want to pass that info on to your friend so she knows to create the acct., pay online and then schedule her I-view. Hope this may be of some help

Thanks for all the replies. She went to the police station and now should have the UAE police clearance in hand by tomorrow.

As we get closer to the interview (April 5th), I keep coming up with more things to worry about.

I'm confused about the fee that is, or is not, to be paid on the day of the interview. I read on one of the websites that applicants are to pay a $140 before the interview and then the remainder on the day of the interview. Is that true or do you just pay once, if at all? I don't even know how much it is and how to to pay for it; cash, credit card?

AOS/AD,EAD

2016-07-01 check cashed

2016-09-22 Interviewed Sep. 22, Green card not approved due to missing paperwork

2016-09-28 Received text messages for I-485 "new card ordered" and "case was approved"

hello, I'm wondering how you got an Abu Dhabi interview scheduled without paying the fee first? We are trying to schedule an I-view, but the ais.usvisa-info.com site tells us we have to wait for more appt. slots to open up and also, we have to pay the fee of $265 online, cash or credit before we can schedule. yeah, that embassies instructions are so inconsistent and confusing. part of the instructions they sent back in Dec. say that we pay the fee on the day of the I-view at the embassy, and their other websites say all different kinds of things also? They need to get their info. clearer. I'm assuming that you already paid the $340 for the I-129 so I think that you should only have to pay the $265?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Mazakaman, I just talked to my friend and she does have an account created. But still, she can't pay the $265 until she was granted an interview then she can make a payment online. So far the consul office have no appointments available and she will be notified as soon as one is available. Her DS-160 Was submitted last Thursday.

hello, I'm wondering how you got an Abu Dhabi interview scheduled without paying the fee first? We are trying to schedule an I-view, but the ais.usvisa-info.com site tells us we have to wait for more appt. slots to open up and also, we have to pay the fee of $265 online, cash or credit before we can schedule. yeah, that embassies instructions are so inconsistent and confusing. part of the instructions they sent back in Dec. say that we pay the fee on the day of the I-view at the embassy, and their other websites say all different kinds of things also? They need to get their info. clearer. I'm assuming that you already paid the $340 for the I-129 so I think that you should only have to pay the $265?

The $340 was paid early in the process and covered the initial I-129F petition fee.

My fiancee filled out the DS-160 visa application online. She then paid the $265 for the application, after which she scheduled her interview date online. She said that days that were not available were grayed out so she was not able to select those days.

AOS/AD,EAD

2016-07-01 check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.