thomas23

b2 visa help, no ties to country??

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi there,

I have a difficult situation. I am wanting to travel to USA for 6 months on a tourist visa from australia with my USA citizen partner for a holiday. I am worried that because I am travelling with my USA citizen partner they will assume I am going there to get married? Should I not mention this info in my interview?

Also, when it comes to establishing ties to home country I am a bit confused, I am originally from NZ but have been in Australia working for the past 6 months. I think I would establish ties back home in NZ as I have family and friends there and that is where I will be returning to, but because I am so young I don't have any assets/propery or job or anything in NZ (besides family/friends), also I'm not sure how I would buy a return ticket to america from Australia back to NZ? Im scared that because I have been in AUS for the past 6 months and have no ties here either as I will be quitting my job I will be denied.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Or advice on how I could establish ties? Or Should I perhaps attempt to establish ties in Aus as thats where i'm leaving from?? I am very confused any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Use the VWP

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Think of the VWP like this OP: it's a precious gift that, if used wisely is very handy.. but once lost cannot really be retrieved and ruins one chances of visiting entirely. The hard truth here is.. it is usually unlikely for a visit visa to be granted to someone that has access to the VWP to begin with, and if they are, you've got to have some serious ties (family and friends are not enough).

VWP lets you travel and experience America for 90 days a trip. So why not use it? Visit some and have fun, then go back home, save a while and stay out of the US, return again and see more.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yesterday you stated in another post that you were a US citizen.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/588350-k1-visa-both-living-abroad-incomedomicile-help-please/

Previous thread...

If you are not a US citizen as you stated there then please use your NZ passport and when you arrive at the POE claim you are a USC to the CBP officer and let us know the result.

it is highly unlikely you will be granted B2 to spend 6 months 'sightseeing' in the US, as you have nothing that will draw you back to Australia except a promise (which has no value)...traveling around in the US is expensive....claiming you will pay for it all will lead to further questions (that have no logical answers)...and if you say that your Amcit SO will pay, then that relationship is now out in the open, leading to even more unanswerable questions....remember, if your B2 application is denied, your VWP vanishes for quite some time...

How will you be financing six months of backpacking around the US and your initial months back in Australia again if you have quit your job? Why should they grant you permission to stay in the country for that long just because you want a long holiday? A visa is a privilege, not a right.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wonder if both partners, the USC and the NZ citizen are sharing the account. Regardless, the first post asks about starting the K-1 as soon as possible, now wanting to come as a tourist for 6 months...sounds like one is trying to get to the US to adjust status.

Perhaps the OP can come back here and discuss what is really going on.

good lukc

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

revealing the true story/motivation is a rarity .....one would need about $15-20,000 to 'sight see' the US for six months, with car rentals, hotels/motels, meals, misc....and trying to cover that amount by claiming that a whole bunch of friends scattered around the US will put them up, feed them, entertain them, etc, is, well, far from believable....and why exactly six months? (the common admission period)...what is so special about six months of goofing off otherwise? I've never heard a credible answer to this question when interviewing people who want to (or claim to need to) spend six months in the US 'seeing the Statue of Liberty, Mt Rushmore and the Grand Canyon'.....the longest trip of any of these destinations would be the Grand Canyon, and then only if one took one of those rafting trips down the Colorado for 3-10 days; the rest can be seen rather quickly and none of these destinations require a six month period of time to visit in their entirety.....which seems to suggest ulterior motives for the visa request....sometimes the applicants broke down and spilled the beans; others evaded my more detailed questions regarding the proposed trip....which, of course, led to a denial, because when an applicant cannot elucidate their plans logically, there is something wrong....I rarely had to figure out what is was that the applicants were leaving out...but at the end of the day, I did not care. You avoid answering my questions, your application will be denied....period....no matter how many notarized invitation letters they tried to shove through the window....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.