Harold_Oakland

Chinese address Fiance Letter of Intent

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance lives in China. She says mail will not get delivered if the address is written in English. Should she write her address in English, Chinese, or both?

Thank you in advance.

Harold

2-24-16 Petition Sent

2-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

7-19-16 NVC Case Number Received

7-20-16 NVC Status changed to in route

7-21-16 NVC Status changed to Ready

8-07-16 Packet 3 Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

8-12-16 Packet 4 Received

8-15-16 Medical Interview

9-06-16 Interview

9-06-16 Additional Documents request

9-29-16 CEAC Status Issued - Approved!

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

What is this line of inquiry in relation to?

Likely both, if she wants to receive mail from a country that does not utilize the Chinese characters. Similarly, if she wants to send mail to a country that does not utilize Chinese characters.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

This line of inquiry is in relation to the Letter of Intent to Marry on the matter of my fiancé that lives in China. We are wondering if she needs to put the address in Chinese characters and in English or just one or the other. Can she expect to receive mail from the agency? If so the Chinese address will be the one they need to use.

Thank you for responding.

Harold

2-24-16 Petition Sent

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

9-06-16 Interview

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

Timeline

This line of inquiry is in relation to the Letter of Intent to Marry on the matter of my fiancé that lives in China. We are wondering if she needs to put the address in Chinese characters and in English or just one or the other. Can she expect to receive mail from the agency?likely email, she will have to sign up for an account with ustraveldocs.com Chinese site, when the time comes. If so the Chinese address will be the one they need to use. Are you assuming that they will only use snail mail and not email?

Thank you for responding.

Harold

The letter of intent (LOI) will be in English? Yes, put the address in English. I would encourage you not to fixate on the address, but rather that the letter says what it needs to and that the original, with "wet signature" is sent in with yours along with the initial I-129F petition. Later on in the process, the beneficiary, after getting a ustraveldocs account, will receive detailed instructions/information, via email, in English and Mandarin, about the rest of the visa process at the Guangzhou consulate (assuming that will be the interviewing consulate).

My then-fiancee's LOI was in English, and she printed out her name in English, and then signed her name with Chinese characters, and snail mailed that and her signed original Form G-325A to me for inclusion in the initial I-129F petition.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Timeline

Thank you Pitaya.

My fiancé is actually Iranian. Should she sign her name in Farsi?

Thank you,

Harold

2-24-16 Petition Sent

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

9-06-16 Interview

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

Timeline

Sure, sign in Farsi, with an English translation printed below. Think about the audience (i.e, American adjudicator) that will be reviewing your initial Form I-129F documents at a USCIS service center in the US, not in China or Iran. :idea: Will Guangzhou be the interviewing consulate?

Timeline

Okay we will do that.

Guanzhou will be the interviewing consulate.

I will apply for expedited service. Her work visa expires May 30th and the renewal status is unknown. Being that there is no US diplomatic presence in Iran we'd like to have the interview before the expiration of the visa. It could be a long shot but it is worth the try.

Thanks again,

Harold

Edited by Harold_Oakland

2-24-16 Petition Sent

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

9-06-16 Interview

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

Timeline

A word of advice from one that has been through the gauntlet at the Guangzhou consulate. That consulate is known as a tough one, in a notoriously high-fraud country. Thoroughly read the VJ K1 Visa Guide, and if possible, "front load" your initial I-129F petition with as much relationship evidence (obtained within the 2-year meeting period) as possible. Try to include as many of the different types of relationship evidence mentioned in the Visa Guide as possible. All of that evidence will eventually make its way to the Consulate Officer (CO) at the consulate along with the rest of your case file. Better to present as much relationship evidence to the CO at the start, as that the actual visa interview at the consulate may only last 10-20 minutes, and a predetermination may already be rendered. Make that predetermination one in your favor with all of the "front-loaded" relationship evidence as possible.

Please be advised, this type of advice is unnecessary for some interviewing embassy/consulates that are not known to be tough, or high-fraud potential (i.e., London, Sydney, Paris, Frankfurt, Vancouver, to name but a very few). Check your regional forums for more information. YMMV.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.