AnaInAmerica

Visa's Approved! Next Steps?

8 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I just got back from our interview! My fiance and 3 children's visa was approved! YAYYAYAYA!

So now we wait. The lady said 2-3 weeks for their passports to come back. What has your experience been?

Also, making my way back, through Miami, gave me nightmares of bringing them through there. Which airport is better for coming to America?

Also, will i be able to stick with them or will they be on their own, while I go through the citizen line? I dont want to leave them. It's scary enough as a citizen thats done it before. Any suggestions or experiences are helpful.

Thank you!

When we had our interview a few weeks ago, they told us 2 weeks, and it took 2 weeks and a day to get the passport. however, we know of someone that went the same day as us, and he received his documents back much sooner. there's no guarantee. I think they do further processing/research after the interview even when the visa is approved.

I think I've seen here that it all depends with the k-1 visa holders if they can go with their families through the citizen line. are New York, Atlanta, or maybe Chicago airports an option for you? Try looking through the POE reviews on here.

It's been a week and they say the passports are still at the Embassy.

We're not in a super hurry. He has some things to take care of before coming here, I'm still getting the house ready, and we'll probably get his son's arm operated on bc it's cheaper there.

Atlanta is an option. I've been through ATL before and I don't recall it being as bad as Miami. Newark is also an option, but I've never been through there. I'm not going to buy tickets till we have passports in hand, but I'll have to shop around.

Thank you all for your input!

I went through Ft. Lauderdale, I had to go through the citizen's line while my then-fiancee went alone through her line ... I did not see her again until we passed immigration and the luggage check.

Jan 25, 2014: I-129F Sent

Feb 13, 2014: NOA1

Apr 15,2014: NOA2 Notice Via USCIS Web Site

Apr 22, 2014: NOA2 Received In Postal Mail

Apr 28: 2014: NVC Received

Apr 30: 2014: NVC Left

May 09, 2014: Embassy Received

Jul 08, 2014: Interview - Approved - CEAC Status Ready

Jul 14 2014: CEAC updated but still READY Status

Jul 16 2014: CEAC Status changed to Administrative Processing

Jul 22 2014: CEAC Status changed to Issued

Jul 28 2014: VISA received

Aug 06 2014: U.S. Arrival (Ft. Lauderdale POE)

Children (3 kids)

Apr 28 2015: Filed I130 petition for each child

Aug 21 2015: Notice from USCIS that all 3 petitions transferred to California Service Center

Sep 17 2015: Approval for all 3 petitions

Nov 12 2015: Paid one AOS fee for all 3 children

Nov 13 2015: Paid separate IV fees for all 3 children

Dec 04 2015: Filed Affidavit of Support (I864) for each child

Jan 12 2016: Received RFE for missing birth certificate from one of the kids packet

Jan 13 2016: Sent in RFE evidence ( birth certificate copy .... again O_o )

Jan 19 2016: Received notice that they received the RFE evidence

Feb 22 2016: Called and found out another RFE was being sent out about birth certificate

Feb 24 2016: Sent in (inextensa versions, not de acta versions) of birth certificates for all children

Mar 02 2016: Received notice that they received the RFE evidence

Mar 11 2016: NVC Process finished, now awaiting interview time slot to be scheduled

Mar 29 2016: Called NVC and found out today they scheduled interview

Apr 01 2016: Received Packet 4 notice via e-mail with interview date

Apr 25 2016: Children received P4 letters in the mail

May 19 2016: Interview

Jun 03 2016: Received Visas

Jul 06 2016: Travel to US

My fiance entered at Newark in December and didn't have any issues at all, just the typical stern looks and questioning that was expected.

I'm the Petitioner, she's the loud Dominican :rolleyes:

09/16/15 - I-129F mailed via USPS Priority Mail

09/18/15 - I-129F delivered to Dallas P.O. Box

09/24/15 - USCIS check cleared

09/24/15 - NOA1 E-Notification received

09/29/15 - NOA1 Hard copy received from CSC (dated 09/23/15)

10/23/15 - NOA2 E-Notification received

10/29/15 - NOA2 Hard copy received (dated 10/23/15)

11/05/15 - NVC Received case

11/24/15 - Consulate received

12/14/15 - Interview - Approved!!

12/15/15 - Administrative Processing

12/16/15 - Visa Issued

12/18/15 - Passport and Visa in hand!!!

12/20/15 - In U.S. - Point of Entry Newark, NJ, then to Chicago, IL

02/19/16 - Married!

waiting...

Hello All! The 3 weeks mark has now passed. Last week, ustraveldocs went from "your passports are in the embassy" to completely blank. And on CEAC, my fiance's kids were listed as 'ready' but his was listed as "admistrative processing", they now all say 'ready'. My gut tells me this means they are in transit to Santiago, where we specified pick up. But on CEAC, above the status, it says that 'ready' means the application is ready for interview, fingerprints, etc... But we've already done that.

Any thoughts from your experience?

Thank you!

After looking at your timelines, I see that the status goes from 'Ready' to "Admin Processing" then to "Issued". So what does it mean when it goes from "Admin Processing" back to "Ready" ??

I just called the 'calling from the US' embassy number and she couldn't give me any additional information other than we have to wait 60 days from the date of the interview to inquiry. If they need additional information on something, they will contact us right? Will I get different information if I call the "calling from the DR" line?

Thank you all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.