Alexy_Chelly

What application to be used if during K-1 Fiancee Visa,I mentioned my daughters fathers last name but we never been married.

17 posts in this topic

Hello Again..Guys I need your advise at the earliest.

someone told me that I have to mentioned my daughter in K1-Fiancee Visa because if not, I will not be able to apply a petition to her in the near future.

Therefore, I will mentioned my loving daughters name, however, can I apply a petition for her if she will be officically using my last name even I mentioned her fathers last name in K1 Fiancee.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Michell

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I don't understand your question.

Just write down your daughters name on the application as it is??

You will be able to apply for her no matter what her name is. But you'll need permission from the biological father to get her a K-2 and move her to the states.

i'm sorry.

In the K1 Fiancee Visa, I have to mentioned that I have a kid, right?

However, i dont want to mentioned because she is still using her fathers last name and I am still in the process of inquiring how to change her last name asap.

But someone told me that I should mentioned her name in K1 Fiancee Visa because of not I cannot apply a K2 Visa,is it correct?

Therefore, I have no other choice but to mentioned her named using his fathers last name.

now, the question is will it still be possible to petition her if I already legally change her last name to mine and not anymore to her fathers last name?

Timeline

Yes I have done the same. He is on the application with his lastname however I won't to change his name.

If you change it before the interview then just bring the proof of name change to the interview AND also the new passport with the new name in it. :)

but I am so sure that I cannot change before the interview.

I really need to change it because i thought my xbf changed but still not until he told me that in the future if I will be needing his signature, in returned, he wants my credit card so I am afraid that he will used (bad way) my daughter in the future.

so i dont know what to do after if I will officially change her last name to mine though I know I have to peition her but what application form since the family name will be different.

Timeline

but I am so sure that I cannot change before the interview.

I really need to change it because i thought my xbf changed but still not until he told me that in the future if I will be needing his signature, in returned, he wants my credit card so I am afraid that he will used (bad way) my daughter in the future.

so i dont know what to do after if I will officially change her last name to mine though I know I have to peition her but what application form since the family name will be different.

Then you'll just change it after the interview and after she gets to the us. Don't see the big deal when it come to the visa.

but I want to change it before she will arrive in the US so thats why I was asking if its ok to mentioned first the biological father last name in the K1 fiancee visa and in K2 visa will be my last name.

Timeline

but I want to change it before she will arrive in the US so thats why I was asking if its ok to mentioned first the biological father last name in the K1 fiancee visa and in K2 visa will be my last name.

Well if you can't change it before the interview she can't have your name in the K2 visa. At the interview you'll have to give them her passport so they can print the visa in there.

So either you change it before the interview and have a new passport with the new name and she'll have it change for the K-2 or you just won't be able to.

Hi Georgia...

i have one more question please, did you bring your loving kid during your Fiancee Visa interview?because i heard that I have to bring my daughter, is it true?

Edited by Alexy_Chelly

Timeline

Hi Georgia...

i have one more question please, did you bring your loving kid during your Fiancee Visa interview?because i heard that I have to bring my daughter, is it true?

I haven't had my interview yet, but yes he will come other wise he can't get a K-2 :)

She will have to attend the interview but she will also need her own medical exam and her own DS-160 + visa fee.

Edited by Georgia16

That sounds great :)

Then I have to do my interview in the Philippines and not her in the UAE.

I am so glad that I got this information from you,

Thanks a lot again and good luck also to your visa application.

Timeline

That sounds great :)

Then I have to do my interview in the Philippines and not her in the UAE.

I am so glad that I got this information from you,

Thanks a lot again and good luck also to your visa application.

If your daughter is in the Philippines and you have relatives I do believe they can take her to the medical and interview. But you should do what is right for you.

You might want to ask that in the Philippines forum in here since they do a lot of K-2 visas and then you are sure. It can be a little different from country to country :)

if she will go with me during my Fiancee Visa Interview, then I preferred to be with her during her medical test. :)

Thank you for telling and I will do that.

hello Georgia.

I just want to asked if the Fiancee Visa will be approved, is that mean that we have to apply the K2 Visa asap?or we can apply anytime as long as before 18 years of age of my daughter.

i just want to asked because we don't want my daughter to be automatically detached from my parents, at least we can scheduled the right timing.

Your continuous reply will be appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.