NeedHelp123

For Spouse Visa where should we file case in USA Embassy Pakistan or in USA

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife is USA National/Passport Holder, we recently got married, now question is that for my case she has to apply in USA or USA Embassy Islamabad, from where immigration department take lesser process time to issue visa either by applying in USA or from USA Embassy Islamabad? Can anyone guide me how to file the case, steps to file the case.

Second question is that from where I get the Urdu to English Translation of Nikha Nama in Lahore? I have urdu Nikha Nama and Nadra Marriage Certificate but no English Translation of Nikha Nama.

Edited by NeedHelp123

She will file the petition in the USA at the Phoenix lockbox address (assuming she lives in California, as per your profile).

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

DCF is not available in Pakistan. She must file with the Chicago lockbox if she lives abroad or with the lockbox designated to her state if she lives in the USA.

We have guides on the website. Please follow those.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-immigration-offices

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

she cannot apply from Islamabad. She has to go back and apply from U.S or you can get a lawyer who can apply for you from U.S.

For the translation there is one foreign register company in islamabad it is Agile Italian Services in Islamabad. you can go on their website www.agilepakistan.org

they have best translation services which is acceptable and they can send you translation by mail if you are in lahore. send them by scan and they will mail you on time when you want.

Hope you found it useful

Good luck. :)

Thanks

Edited by SZKHAN

Timeline

she cannot apply from Islamabad. She has to go back and apply from U.S or you can get a lawyer who can apply for you from U.S.

For the translation there is one foreign register company in islamabad it is Agile Italian Services in Islamabad. you can go on their website www.agilepakistan.org

they have best translation services which is acceptable and they can send you translation by mail if you are in lahore. send them by scan and they will mail you on time when you want.

Hope you found it useful

Good luck. :)

Thanks

She lives in New York and now a days in Pakistan with me. Question is that can she send/post the documents to Chicago Lockbox from Pakistan? Or she has to be in USA to send documents to Chicago Lockbox? Or Can her parents post our documents, if we pack all the documents in envelope and give them as they are in Pakistan and going back to USA in March.

Thanks a lot for translation. I'll contact www.agilepakistan.org.

She can send them from Pakistan to the lockbox. It doesn't matter where you send them from. Use an insured and tracked postage method such as Fed Ex or UPS.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

She can send them to the Chicago lockbox from Pakistan. However the fee must be in US funds drawn upon a US bank account. Did she leave an account open?

Also please dont quote multiple people in separate posts and answer the exact same way. Just answer or quote everyone and answer once.

Try the multiquote option available on a PC. You click it for every post you want to quote so when you hit more reply options at the bottom, it will show up everything.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You also need to front-load your application due to the age difference and the fact that your wife has previously brought a foreign husband into the country.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

She can send them to the Chicago lockbox from Pakistan. However the fee must be in US funds drawn upon a US bank account. Did she leave an account open?

Also please dont quote multiple people in separate posts and answer the exact same way. Just answer or quote everyone and answer once.

Try the multiquote option available on a PC. You click it for every post you want to quote so when you hit more reply options at the bottom, it will show up everything.

Ok, thanks a lot. From where we get check or money order of any USA Bank as she is in Pakistan. She has no checkbook of any US Bank with her. Please guide me.

You need to figure that out yourselves. Either you wait till she goes back and has access to her cheque book or you send the money to a friend or relative abs ask them to provide a cheque or money order. If you want this, you will find a way.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

You need to figure that out yourselves. Either you wait till she goes back and has access to her cheque book or you send the money to a friend or relative abs ask them to provide a cheque or money order. If you want this, you will find a way.

Ok, thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.