RobertM54

I really love my GF's home country

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My GF is from Ukraine and next Friday she goes in for a B2 interview.

Does the fact that I eventually want to primarily live in Ukraine when I retire have any impact on the B2? She knows that Arizona in the winter and Ukraine the rest of the year is the long term plan. Does it matter if she shares this with the CO?

Filed: Timeline

any statements about wanting to live in the Ukraine, whether expressed in person or in a letter will not somehow relieve your GF of having to overcome immigrant intent. If you failed to take up residence in the Ukraine when you said, would you be arrested, jailed and/or fined? No. So, of what value is such a statement? It's not binding upon you in any way, no matter how many times a letter proclaiming this remarkable interest in living in the Ukraine is notarized. Just more window dressing. I used to hear that sort of thing quite often....meant nothing. It had the same positive impact as somebody claiming they wanted to live on the moon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

any statements about wanting to live in the Ukraine, whether expressed in person or in a letter will not somehow relieve your GF of having to overcome immigrant intent.

Understand. My question is more dealing with how transparent my GF should be at the B2 interview. Is this too much information (TMI),

Filed: Timeline

it's just information that will have no positive value and likely come across as desperation or as some means of making the CO 'look the other way'...(take their eye off the real situation)...

I used to hear something similar when people were applying for H3 (training, allegedly) visas, that they were going to return to their country and 'open a branch office of the business in which they were going to receive this alleged training')....while I never fell for this, I tracked a couple of dozen applicants issued by colleagues....none returned (what a surprise)...no one opened any branch office...making these types of heroic statements in the vain hope that a CO will fall for it is, well, you get the idea. Promises are not legally enforceable nor binding upon anyone. Rambling statements about planning to move back to the GF's country and live happily ever after will fall on deaf ears. In real life, that happens about once every time Haley's comet returns.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.