MandyAlex

USCIS Service Centers Processing Dates

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm in the final process of getting my K-1 petition packet ready to be mailed out for my fiancé. I've searched this forum and online for updated answers to my concerns to no avail and was wondering if anyone could chime some information to my concerns.

I live in Florida and understand the processing of my petition will be handled by the Vermont Service Center (VSC). Please correct me if I'm wrong, (since I have come across contradictory information), some stating Florida's residents petitions are handled by the Texas Service Center, (TSC), while others claiming Vermont's. How long of a wait could I expect, beginning to end?

As of today February 5, 2016, Vermont's Service Center shows a time frame of 5 months in the process of I-129F's petitions. On the other hand, TSC is currently showing roughly 10 1/2 months for the same petition, (processing date of March 26, 2015), Both Center's reports are dated November 30, 2015. How soon does this reports get updated? Are current petitions handled by one of 3 Service Centers, Texas, Vermont and California? Can anyone from Florida inform me where their petition ended at?

Finally, does anyone has more current information why the Service Centers are taking so long? Attorney Gary Ball has a very complete and informative report online regarding the subject but is way outdated of April 2003. Why so much disparity between Service Centers in the process times of I-129F petitions?

I kindly appreciate any and all information provided. Good luck everyone! :)

K-1 Petition - California Service Center

Sent by FedEx: Feb 9 2016

Received at CSC: Feb 10 2016

NOA1: Feb 12 2016

Approved/NOA2: May 31 2016

NOA1 TO NOA2: 111 Days

NVC Received: July 26, 2016

NOA2 TO NVC: 56 Days

NVC Case #: July 27, 2016

NVC Processing: 3 Business Days

NVC To Consulate: July 29, 2016

Consulate Received: Aug 1, 2016

Consulate Ready: Aug 5, 2016

Interview: Sep 19, 2016

(Visa Approved!)

POE: Oct 17, 2016

Wedding: Dec 22, 2016

Filed for AOS: May 5, 2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm in the final process of getting my K-1 petition packet ready to be mailed out for my fiancé. I've searched this forum and online for updated answers to my concerns to no avail and was wondering if anyone could chime some information to my concerns.

I live in Florida and understand the processing of my petition will be handled by the Vermont Service Center (VSC).

Wrong. Vermont used to do K-1s but not anymore. Also ALL petitions are mailed to the Texas address on the instructions.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, (since I have come across contradictory information), some stating Florida's residents petitions are handled by the Texas Service Center, (TSC), while others claiming Vermont's. How long of a wait could I expect, beginning to end?

Plan on 10 months be happy with 5.

Finally, does anyone has more current information why the Service Centers are taking so long?

There are that many cases in front of yours.

Attorney Gary Ball has a very complete and informative report online regarding the subject but is way outdated of April 2003. Why so much disparity between Service Centers in the process times of I-129F petitions?

They do different cases.​ There's a lot more than K-1s to process.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Vermont isn't handling K-1 anymore and Texas hasn't taking any since late March 2015 do to backlog. So they are being sent to California which is good because they are fast :)

Thanks for the quick response! I guess those USCIS reports aren't quite right then. However, oh wow, that's promising great news since CSC is indeed fast!!! I'm definitely not complaining!!!

(Visa Approved!)

Timeline

Great! Tnx for the response.

(Visa Approved!)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to USCIS Service Centers Forum~

~Inquiry USCIS Service Centers~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Have a look at the timelines of the recently approved cases and also the timelines of people in similar circumstances to you (K-1, Ecuador) to get a feel for general processing times of each stage. It's not an exact science, but gives you a good indication.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Vermont isn't handling K-1 anymore and Texas hasn't taking any since late March 2015 do to backlog. So they are being sent to California which is good because they are fast :)

I'm doing some research on Texas Service Center adjudication prediction times and found this post. I'm on my second I-129F filing which was originally routed to California Service Center, then a month later, transferred to Texas Service Center. I suspect the reason for that is because the TSC handled my first petition(?). Reviewing Igor's list and the most recent cases approved from TSC reveals that 14 of the 15 most recent were all transferred to CSC, so indeed it does appear that the TSC is not currently adjudication I-129F petitions and the prediction dates for TSC are seriously skewed? My NOA1 is January 28, 2016. Current stated adjudication dates for TSC is February 2, 2016. Where does this date come from? as I'm not finding any petitions near this date that were actually adjudicated by TSC. Our waiting is made harder when we don't have any idea of how long we must wait. I only pray it's not another 168 days, like our first petition.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Guys, I have a little trouble reading the USCIS processing time chart. It says:

If the field office or service center is meeting its goal for processing a form, you will find the timeframe listed in months. For example, if the office is processing Form N-400 naturalization applications in five months or less, then the chart will say "5 months." However, if the office is experiencing a processing delay, you will find the filing date of the last case that the office completed before updating the chart.

The above one I understand. But I do not understand something else. I will give an example: It says: VCS, I-751-May 11th 2015. This suppose to mean that the office is experiencing processing delay and May 11 is last case that the office completed before updating the chart. The chart was updated on April 12th. But on the top of the chart says:Field Office Processing Dates for Vermont Service Center as of: February 29, 2016.

Does it mean that that Vermont was processing I-751 May 11 cases around February 29th or around april 12th?

• 11 months later...
Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi, is any one know the full time length of hardship waiver application in California service center, I submitted my I-612 on February 6/17, and got the reciept after that didn't heard yet, any one know the time. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.