Mrabosa

Interview in Ghana

28 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi... Am new and not sure if this is the right forum for my question.

I went for my interview at the Ghana consulate.

At the interview, the CO asked whether I have married before I got married to my husband... No

Then he said am lying because I applied for the dv lottery in 2006, n said am married to a guy, then in 2012, I applied again n said am married to another man with a different name. So I should bring the divorce for the two marriages.

I told the C.O I don't know those guys... And that's the truth.

Now my problem is...

Some guys came to our school to register us for the dv. And what they do is they will take our pictures n take our details, send it away and that's all. So they added those guys to my details without my consent... Please any advice...

Am confused cos I don't know these guys. Am expecting to go back to the embassy in April

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hmm.i don't know what to tell you.its true some guys come and register people for dv lottery.they fill unnecessary information about you and now you are one of the victims.i wish is can help you.all the best

Timeline

You have several problems. They need divorce documents to two different men whom which you have never been married to or even met. So you obviously cannot produce those documents. The option now is to tell the truth about what you have said here. But then the problem is that you have misrepresented yourself on a US Visa application. This is usually a ban of some sort, could be a lifetime. I'm sorry to say that you have an issue that you most likely cannot overcome. Can anyone think of any waiver or anything that can help in this situation?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Don't know anything about Ghana so just trying to help.

Are there any place that couples have to or are being registred to when they get married? If so maybe you can get a letter or something from that place that proves you were never married and then a letter with your story of what happened. It's a long shot but maybe?

Timeline

I think you should just tell them the truth about the dv application cos they do fill the firm without properly consulting the applicant.dont try and send any divorce document to them cos I think they already know the truth and co is trying to test you.

Hi... Am new and not sure if this is the right forum for my question.

I went for my interview at the Ghana consulate.

At the interview, the CO asked whether I have married before I got married to my husband... No

Then he said am lying because I applied for the dv lottery in 2006, n said am married to a guy, then in 2012, I applied again n said am married to another man with a different name. So I should bring the divorce for the two marriages.

I told the C.O I don't know those guys... And that's the truth.

Now my problem is...

Some guys came to our school to register us for the dv. And what they do is they will take our pictures n take our details, send it away and that's all. So they added those guys to my details without my consent... Please any advice...

Am confused cos I don't know these guys. Am expecting to go back to the embassy in April

Well the truth is there so tell it as it is...if not then redraw your petition and go for a different approach get married to your fiance and do a CR-1 process. Very tough situation.

Timeline for N-400   
Package Sent ----> 3/13/17

Package Received ---> Friday, March 17, 2017 @ 3:50 am

CC Charged ---->  3/20/2017
NOA ----> 3/23/17                                                                                
Finger Prints ---> 4/14/2017 --> Early FP 4/12/17!!
Inline for an Interview notice received ---> 4/14/17
Interview Scheduled ---> Waiting for letter in the mail to see the actual date.  8/30/17
letter in the mail arrived ---> 9/5/17
Interview Date ---> 10/05/17
Oath ---> 10/12/2017

Timeline

This is a tough one, but be aware if you marry you still will have to overcome this issue, you should try like amkhan said at the interior of ministry and see about acquiring proof you have never been married and on your next interview tell the consular that someone filled the applications for you and miss represented you by saying your married when your not, but it's still up to the consular who may feel you helped the person who filled it for you to lie either way I wouldn't get my hopes up because your in a bad spot, no matter how many visas you apply for they keep them stored and they never go away, your better off telling the truth, good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Am confused here.until you go for interview,the dv registration form will not reflect at embassy unless you win.may be if they did DV marriage attachment for you,than you should be able to the one who registered you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

That is extremely bad news for you because you are still the one responsible with your signature on those applications for the content therein

and it looks like you misrepresented yourself.

You must tell them the truth but I believe they will deny you and not believe you.

Even a K1 or Cr1 will have the same result.

Sorry but I see no solution.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Get a letter from your interior ministry saying that you are single and never married that's all

The misrepresentation still stands in the way. By the signature on the application the applicant takes full responsibility for it's content.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Declare a fasting and prayer and come to the ressurection power new generation church. God will solve this through his servant...with God all things are possible

Timeline

The lady needs suggestions...if you don't have one I think it'd be better to just not comment. She's distraught and some of you are further putting her in the dumps and discouraging her. Besides VJ being a community of information-sharing, it's also a community of support. Now my advice.....actually I've got none right now. But all I wanna say is you have to stick to your story and maintain that you were not married to those guys. If only that's what truly happened. Immigration fraud is despicable! I hope that's not what it was about. If the CO wanted to deny you or he didn't completely believe you, he'd have denied you. Maybe he wants to see if you'd budge. So stick to your story.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.