26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi vj my fiancé visa was denied in Islamabad embassy. A little bit about our case that I filed the petition on October 6,2015 at Texas Service Center and it was forward to California Service Center for the most part everything went completely fast case was approve and forward to US emabassy in Islamabad on Nov 15 2015. I receive an email on December 3, 2015 with instruction packet 3.5 info what needed to be completed and mail back to have the interview fiancé completed everything. December 18, 2015 receive another email with interview date of Jan 3, 2016. The day of the interview fiancé arrived and complete all the formalities that needed to be completed with that selected English for his interview. He was interviewed by two officer one American and the other was Pakistani the first one was the American who was really nice ask a few question and fiancé answer then was told to have a sit in the waiting area to be called again by the next officer whom was really mean an rude, he ask fiancé the basic question where did we meet blah blah then he ask him question that my fiancé didn't no where do my brother work? How much do I make? What kind of car do I drive? Fiancé said he don't know to two of the question and Said she has a American car to the last question at that point the officer went off snapping at him saying I ask you want kind of car do she have you don't know this that he also went as far as saying I'm calling the FBI how did you get this police report then he pick of the phone and was acting like he was calling someone then told him tell me the truth are these paper fake who file this case for you so fiancé answer him then officer said go have a sit to get finger printed again after that he told him he will here something in 5-7 days. So after 10 days went by I email the embassy and they never replied back then email again then they said that he didn't show up for his interview I email them again saying he did that we can fax in proof than they email me back saying they are sorry that he did show up but he was place in Ap after a week went by we check the status of immigrant visa and it said refuse so I email them again to ask what does that mean was he denied so I got an email back saying he was in Ap that was on January 29, 2016 now on Feburary 1 2016 it says it was sent back to NVC I'm so confuse... I know I wrote a lot but it hard for me to deal with this disturbing news I receive..I know I'm not the only one out here that is going through this terrible ordeal.. Pls if you can tell me what I can do to try to get an second interview or will I be able to appeal this decision any type of way feel free to respond

Filed: Other Country: Cuba
Timeline

You have to reapply -

I just went through this as well for CUBA.

Nothing you can do but start over for fiance visa - and be there for the interview or get married and apply for the CR1

You have to understand due to the country and what just happened the other month with the woman killing people who was brought here on a fine visa your country and any islamic muslim country is going to become high risk and scrutinized more.

best of luck

Edited by pepper44

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

Interview 11-25-15 - Denied

And Here we go again -

New K1 submitted - 1-9-16

NOA1 - 1-12-16 (according to USCIS)

Text received 1-15-16

hardcopy - not received yet as of 1-26-16

Timeline

You have to reapply -

I just went through this as well for CUBA.

Nothing you can do but start over for fiance visa - and be there for the interview or get married and apply for the CR1

You have to understand due to the country and what just happened the other month with the woman killing people who was brought here on a fine visa your country and any islamic muslim country is going to become high risk and scrutinized more.

best of luck

Thank you so much for your reply

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

what kind of fake document your fiance had.... also would you tell me something about you guys realtionship background like how you two meet, your ages and u both are paki origan or what.... why your fiance has a stoke interveiw it must be something ur fiance is hiding... if they send back ur case to nvc then better u guys get marry and file for i130

Timeline

what kind of fake document your fiance had.... also would you tell me something about you guys realtionship background like how you two meet, your ages and u both are paki origan or what.... why your fiance has a stoke interveiw it must be something ur fiance is hiding... if they send back ur case to nvc then better u guys get marry and file for i130

He didn't have any fake documents the officer was trying to scare him an put pressure on him probably thinking he will break. This day an time race shouldn't matter anymore I'm African American and he is pakstani also we met online I knew him for a year and half

Timeline

We had a interview like that same guys i believe. After they told us they didnt make a decision that was november 30 but they kept his passport so i have hope. Email the embassy the Ceac website has errors

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Race does matter !!! same origan can get visa easily and fast, also why would CO scare him only for his document that tell him who filled it and how he got a fake PCC, does he lived earlier outside from Pakistan..? where you guys meet...

Timeline

Race does matter !!! same origan can get visa easily and fast, also why would CO scare him only for his document that tell him who filled it and how he got a fake PCC, does he lived earlier outside from Pakistan..? where you guys meet...

Race shouldn't matter!! A lot of American are petition there Fiance from all over the world!! Yeah we have few red flags in there eyes so that's what they are going by... I don't were you are from but in American you have all different types of race who are married to each other or dating.. That's Pakistan officer they go to far! People from the Philippine get their visa fast I think it depends on what country you are applying for...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

He didn't have any fake documents the officer was trying to scare him an put pressure on him probably thinking he will break. This day an time race shouldn't matter anymore I'm African American and he is pakstani also we met online I knew him for a year and half

why would you think he was denied because of race? You do know it's illegal to discriminate, don't you? Obviously the CO didn't believe you had a bonafide relationship, has nothing to do with the color of your skin. Did your boyfriend get a paper saying why he was denied?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

why would you think he was denied because of race? You do know it's illegal to discriminate, don't you? Obviously the CO didn't believe you had a bonafide relationship, has nothing to do with the color of your skin. Did your boyfriend get a paper saying why he was denied?

She doesn't think they were denied because of the color of her skin. amkhan is the one who brought that up. The ceac website shows case sent back to NVC on 2-1-16. He hasn't gotten his passport back yet. Do you think there will be a reason for the denial with the passport? Also they have both emailed the embassy and are waiting for a response. She has also contacted her congressman for help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like it was refused to doubts about the validity of the relationship.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi vj my fiancé visa was denied in Islamabad embassy. A little bit about our case that I filed the petition on October 6,2015 at Texas Service Center and it was forward to California Service Center for the most part everything went completely fast case was approve and forward to US emabassy in Islamabad on Nov 15 2015. I receive an email on December 3, 2015 with instruction packet 3.5 info what needed to be completed and mail back to have the interview fiancé completed everything. December 18, 2015 receive another email with interview date of Jan 3, 2016. The day of the interview fiancé arrived and complete all the formalities that needed to be completed with that selected English for his interview. He was interviewed by two officer one American and the other was Pakistani the first one was the American who was really nice ask a few question and fiancé answer then was told to have a sit in the waiting area to be called again by the next officer whom was really mean an rude, he ask fiancé the basic question where did we meet blah blah then he ask him question that my fiancé didn't no where do my brother work? How much do I make? What kind of car do I drive? Fiancé said he don't know to two of the question and Said she has a American car to the last question at that point the officer went off snapping at him saying I ask you want kind of car do she have you don't know this that he also went as far as saying I'm calling the FBI how did you get this police report then he pick of the phone and was acting like he was calling someone then told him tell me the truth are these paper fake who file this case for you so fiancé answer him then officer said go have a sit to get finger printed again after that he told him he will here something in 5-7 days. So after 10 days went by I email the embassy and they never replied back then email again then they said that he didn't show up for his interview I email them again saying he did that we can fax in proof than they email me back saying they are sorry that he did show up but he was place in Ap after a week went by we check the status of immigrant visa and it said refuse so I email them again to ask what does that mean was he denied so I got an email back saying he was in Ap that was on January 29, 2016 now on Feburary 1 2016 it says it was sent back to NVC I'm so confuse... I know I wrote a lot but it hard for me to deal with this disturbing news I receive..I know I'm not the only one out here that is going through this terrible ordeal.. Pls if you can tell me what I can do to try to get an second interview or will I be able to appeal this decision any type of way feel free to respond

From what you are saying it sounds like your case will eventually return to USCIS where it will be left to expire. You will need to either have another K1 petition with more proofs, or get married and file a CR1. The IO clearly had doubts about your relationship. Try to determine what could have gone wrong, I know you are saying they are trying to scare him with some fake police report-but just want to make sure that you did not provide a police character certificate. Definitely spend more face time together and attend the next interview.

Some things to think about if you haven't already, you do not specify how many times and how much time you have spent together, also are you much older than your fiance, this can raise the red flag especially in ISB

Best of luck to you both

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The questions for interview have not changed since the person came first to US and then had interview to stay

they asked my husband what color my house was

and what did i eat for breakfast that morning

As for discrimintaion, they don't announce it as such but it does happen for religion and age / against the Constitition YES but happens

Especially since Trump said keep out all muslims

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Obama is in charge of the Executive.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Race shouldn't matter!! A lot of American are petition there Fiance from all over the world!! Yeah we have few red flags in there eyes so that's what they are going by... I don't were you are from but in American you have all different types of race who are married to each other or dating.. That's Pakistan officer they go to far! People from the Philippine get their visa fast I think it depends on what country you are applying for...

You have to realize that it doesn't matter what goes on in America or what our cultural norms are. What matters is the cultural norms for Pakistan. Is it normal in THEIR society for a man to marry outside his religion, race or age group? Do you speak his language? How long have you know each other? Have you met his family? How much face time have you had? This is what the IO's look at. So if you as couple have these differences its raises red flags for your relationship.

As was stated your K1 will be sent back to USCIS to expire. Now you must decide if you want to marry and apply for CR1. If I were you I would not bother with another K1. Pakistan is too difficult of a country. Like another poster stated enlight of recent events there is more scrutiny. If you choose the CR1, go back for a very long visit or 2, take many photos with him and his family, build up all correspondence with each other and document it well, know absolutely everything about each other. You have to build a very strong case.

Good Luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.