Kwei Mensah

Response to email by the embassy

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

hello everyone, please I want to know if you will get automated response after you have sent an email to the email address ivdvaccra@state.gov. This is because my fiancée sent an email to request for my call in letter but didn't get an automated response. Does that mean the email didn't go through.

My fiancée called Nationsl Visa Center and was informed that my call in letter was sent to my email in Ghana in November 6th 2015 but I have still not received anything yet. It's been 2 months now and I can't go to the embassy without the appointment letter because I wouldn't be allowed to enter. My fiancée has sent a couple of email to the embassy but have not gotten any response for almost 4 weeks now so I want to know if the email has not been received by the embassy since she didn't get an automated response! Thank you.

To my mailing address in Ghana not email, sorry for that error

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

hello everyone, please I want to know if you will get automated response after you have sent an email to the email address ivdvaccra@state.gov. This is because my fiancée sent an email to request for my call in letter but didn't get an automated response. Does that mean the email didn't go through.

My fiancée called Nationsl Visa Center and was informed that my call in letter was sent to my email in Ghana in November 6th 2015 but I have still not received anything yet. It's been 2 months now and I can't go to the embassy without the appointment letter because I wouldn't be allowed to enter. My fiancée has sent a couple of email to the embassy but have not gotten any response for almost 4 weeks now so I want to know if the email has not been received by the embassy since she didn't get an automated response! Thank you.

To my mailing address in Ghana not email, sorry for that error

If i remember very well not all times did i receive automated response from IVDVAccra @state.gov. You might wanna wait for a while and see if they will get back to him.

Also remember IVDVAccra.state.gov is only for DV applicants.

Regarding the call-in letter, I think you should just call NVC and ask them to email you a copy of the letter. In that case you wouldn't have to wait for the mailed letter and you can get into the embassy with the emailed one. Remember the Ghana Postal Service is highly inefficient and unreliable.

Hope all work out for you.

Cheers!

Edited by strongmyk

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

If i remember very well not all times did i receive automated response from IVDVAccra @state.gov. You might wanna wait for a while and see if they will get back to him.

Also remember IVDVAccra.state.gov is only for DV applicants.

Regarding the call-in letter, I think you should just call NVC and ask them to email you a copy of the letter. In that case you wouldn't have to wait for the mailed letter and you can get into the embassy with the emailed one. Remember the Ghana Postal Service is highly inefficient and unreliable.

Hope all work out for you.

Cheers!

NVC does not schedule interviews for "fiance " visa applicants. it is the embassy so OP cannot use the NVC "call letter".

He should wait until he hears from the embassy.

The embassy will also send the letter through mail so he should get the person in Ghana to check her mailbox often.*the mailing address used on the application*

Check your spam messages just in case a response has come in..

Towards the end of last year the embassy was having some issues resulting in "rescheduling of interviews", I assume they may have backlog. hence, the delay in response.

It is only the embassy that can give you a call in letter for the interview (K-1 applicants) so be patient but don't be too patient..

If you get an email response, follow the instructions ..it usually tells you to wait for the actual letter or print the email and bring it in to pick up the packet.

good luck!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread is moved from K-1 Process forum to the Africa/Sub-Saharan regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Am haven the same problem my case status says ready since December 1and I have been waiting for the embassy in Ghana to contact me but they have no I have send them a lot of emails but they have not reply and I don't even know what to do now

Edited by Jemal deen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline

Yeah, me as well. Every once in a while I'll get an automated response, but not recently. I'm similar to Jemal, my case has said "ready" for a while but I haven't gotten anything from the embassy yet.

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Am haven the same problem my case status says ready since December 1and I have been waiting for the embassy in Ghana to contact me but they have no I have send them a lot of emails but they have not reply and I don't even know what to do now

Timeline

Will do Jemal! Hope you hear something soon :)

I pray everyone get his packet soon I have been waiting at the embassy for 2 months now since December 1 till date this process really sucks

To KM and others,

i hope this will help you and all a little through this process. I was once in this position where my wife now and i waited to hear from the Ghana embassy and they will always tell you we have sent out something. This is what i did the petitioner for my wife.

i sent the email below in blue maybe three times and finally got a respond: Remember to make the subject line as follows: Requesting A Pickup Date For Appointment 3 & 4 Packet, Case #ACCxxx

Petitioner's Full Name: xxx

Case Number: ACCxxx (K-1 Fiancé Visa)

Petitioner- DOB : xxx

I would like to request a pickup date for Packet 3 & 4 for the Beneficiary at your Accra location. Please forward a date and time to the following email addresses: petitioner email & beneficiary email . Thank you.

Beneficiary Full Name: xxx

Beneficiary DOB: xxx

Email: xxx

They replied this to me and i sent that to my wife to print and send to the embassy. Message below in red.,My Wife Printed that email and went there at the time they mentioned at 7:30 and the person at the gate allowed her to go inside.

Re: ACCxxx

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry.

Our records indicate that a call-in letter was mailed out on May 2, 2013. If the applicant has not received the letter, they may come to the U.S. Embassy Accra on any business Wednesday morning at 7:30 am to pick up the appointment package. The package will have the instructions necessary to proceed further with the case. Please be aware that the applicant will drop off this letter in the morning and then return at 2:00 p.m. to receive the package and interview date.

The applicant should also bring a copy of this email to be admitted to the Consular Section.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra

Consular Section

Timeline for N-400   
Package Sent ----> 3/13/17

Package Received ---> Friday, March 17, 2017 @ 3:50 am

CC Charged ---->  3/20/2017
NOA ----> 3/23/17                                                                                
Finger Prints ---> 4/14/2017 --> Early FP 4/12/17!!
Inline for an Interview notice received ---> 4/14/17
Interview Scheduled ---> Waiting for letter in the mail to see the actual date.  8/30/17
letter in the mail arrived ---> 9/5/17
Interview Date ---> 10/05/17
Oath ---> 10/12/2017

Timeline

To KM and others,

i hope this will help you and all a little through this process. I was once in this position where my wife now and i waited to hear from the Ghana embassy and they will always tell you we have sent out something. This is what i did the petitioner for my wife.

i sent the email below in blue maybe three times and finally got a respond: Remember to make the subject line as follows: Requesting A Pickup Date For Appointment 3 & 4 Packet, Case #ACCxxx

I would like to request a pickup date for Packet 3 & 4 for the Beneficiary at your Accra location. Please forward a date and time to the following email addresses: petitioner email & beneficiary email . Thank you.

They replied this to me and i sent that to my wife to print and send to the embassy. Message below in red.,My Wife Printed that email and went there at the time they mentioned at 7:30 and the person at the gate allowed her to go inside.

Our records indicate that a call-in letter was mailed out on May 2, 2013. If the applicant has not received the letter, they may come to the U.S. Embassy Accra on any business Wednesday morning at 7:30 am to pick up the appointment package. The package will have the instructions necessary to proceed further with the case. Please be aware that the applicant will drop off this letter in the morning and then return at 2:00 p.m. to receive the package and interview date.

The applicant should also bring a copy of this email to be admitted to the Consular Section.

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra

Consular Section

Thank you very much and we will try it too

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Great job

To KM and others,

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra

Consular Section

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.