33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone.

I am a little lost and was hoping someone here is familiar with the situation and might be able to guide me in the right direction.

I have been in the usa since July 2013.

I had my I 130 approved. Then my I 485 got denied. We filed a I 601 waiver wich has been approved, and now my I 485

got denied again.

We asked 2 different lawyers for advice and both told us that we can reapply for the I 485 or do a motion of appeal.

Now the reasons that it has been denied the first time, where taken care of with the waiver and now they say it's because in the meanwhile my medical expired.

My husband and me are tired, the savings ran out. We can not afford a lawyer to take our case.

On top of that he would not be able to live in Germany where I am from due to different medical issues and ptsd.

We had a daughter in August '15

And it breaks our heart that either I have to leave and take my daughter with me or I have to leave by myself. Either way she will be missing out on one parent. I don't have family in germany. Everybody lives in the usa.

I need some guidance.

Maybe someone has had a similar case or know any tip.

Thank you all in advance

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Why didn't you just refile with a new medical? You can't appeal as USCIS did not make a mistake. What was the waiver for

Edited by Transborderwife

Timeline

Why didn't you just refile with a new medical? You can't appeal as USCIS did not make a mistake. What was the waiver for

Well I didn't file yet because in the denial it just gave me the option to do a I290.

I just found out that I can redo the I485.

And I wanted to hear a few more opinions before doing so.

The waiver was stating the extreme hardship that my husband would have if I would be denied my green card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you are SURE it is only the expired medical that caused the denial, then definitely re-file

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

The problem is I am not sure.

That's what i.understand. then that one lawyer I asked for advice told me there's more but didn't say.is there a way I can upload the letter here and maybe someone can tell me more

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

but why did you need to file the i601?

if you entered illegally to the US, then you don't qualify to adjust status In the US

the i601 is for several reasons, but why in the first place did you file the i601?

Timeline

I was considered inadmissible section 212 a .I had committed a crime 18 years ago and was sentenced to probation. When I did my esta online I said I haven't been committed of a crime because I thought probation is not a conviction.but the waiver was approved. I explained why ( I was forced to do the crime ) and that I am a totally different person now then back then and the hardship my husband, my daughter and my mother would have if I would have to leave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.