PJH

Lightning fast AOS

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Filed for my AOS/EAD and received an NOA on November 5th.

The EAD has been cancelled because my AOS has been granted. In 8 weeks. I'm stunned, although clearly very happy.

From what I can gather my application never made it past the NBC in Missouri. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of result? Is it possible other aspects of the process could still be pending? (There's a disclaimer on the NOA2 which indicates that USCIS/DHS can always rescind the AOS if they discover something they don't like).

I've received my Permanent Resident card, so it seems pretty final, but I'm curious about experiences from other people who've had a similar result.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congratulations! We do not have your experience, although I wish we had. :crying:

------

I-130 (as part of IR-5 process) - USCIS (Nebraska Service Center)

06/09/14 - sent I-130

06/14/14 - NOA 1

11/14/14 - NOA 2 (5 months)

AOS (Local Office: Denver)

03/24/15 - AOS packet sent via USPS Priority Mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131 w/ approved I-130)

03/26/15 - package delivered according to USPS website

04/01/15 - email notifying the AOS package has been received

04/02/15 - an AOS fee withdrawn from a bank account

04/09/15 - received hard copies of all three NOAs (NOAs dated 04/01/15)

04/28/15 - Biometrics

05/08/15 - online status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

05/18/15 - online status changed to I-765 approved-wait the card in the mail (no change for I-131) (80 days)

05/19/15 - received EAD/AP in the mail

05/28/15 - online status changed to "As of June 28, case is ready to be scheduled for an interview." This is the second time of such change since 05/08/15.

07/05/15 - online status changed to "As of July 5, case is ready to be scheduled for an interview." How many times are they going to update that status, I wonder?

12/18/15 - still waiting!!! For almost 9 months now (261 days from AOS NOA, 234 days from Biometrics).

01/14/16 - submitted "out-of-normal processing time" inquiry and called USCIS that stated the case is still at NBC and "inquiry" should answer why there is such delay.

01/15/16 - 294 days since the AOS was received by the USCIS; 262 days from the biometrics.

01/28/16 - [day 309] received response to case status inquiry (processed on 01/23/15) - "your case is waiting to be scheduled for interview," so wait another 90 days [sigh].

02/21/16 - [day 332] interview scheduled for 03/24/16 [363 days from the receipt of petition].

02/24/16 - [day 363] AOS interview. Approval on the spot.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

My wife and stepson's AOS was pretty quick at 137 days. Sometimes, the immigration gods smile down on you. We recently got out of the ROC quagmire, start getting prepared.

God luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Filed for my AOS/EAD and received an NOA on November 5th.

The EAD has been cancelled because my AOS has been granted. In 8 weeks. I'm stunned, although clearly very happy.

From what I can gather my application never made it past the NBC in Missouri. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of result? Is it possible other aspects of the process could still be pending? (There's a disclaimer on the NOA2 which indicates that USCIS/DHS can always rescind the AOS if they discover something they don't like).

I've received my Permanent Resident card, so it seems pretty final, but I'm curious about experiences from other people who've had a similar result.

Wow! Now that's fast! Congratulations :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congrats! Approvals without interview used to be fairly quick a few years back, but then some backlog took over and slowed it all down. Perhaps you were very lucky and slipped through the backlog somehow, or maybe everyone can be hopeful that the process will speed up a bit.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Thanks everyone. My wife spoke to a colleague of hers who used to work for USCIS and she did indicate that it's possible the country of origin might have helped. I'm an Australian who's been living in New Zealand for the past decade and these are both visa-waiver countries.

All I can say is that we did our best to make our I-485 and I-765 submission packet as clear and easy to navigate as possible with a cover page and a table of contents. I also have no children and consequently we were able to submit an I-864EZ, simplifying the affidavit of support.

We used the K1 guide found here at VisaJourney as well as Ilona Bray's "Fiance & Marriage Visas" book (http://www.amazon.com/Fiance-Marriage-Visas-Couples-Immigration-ebook/dp/B00M8H9LFI/ on Amazon for anyone who's interested).

Ultimately, I have no idea what made things so fast for us. However we're very thankful and feel quite fortunate. It's been a long road and I wish all of you currently going through this process the very best of luck.

Edited by PJH

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. My wife spoke to a colleague of hers who used to work for USCIS and she did indicate that it's possible the country of origin might have helped. I'm an Australian who's been living in New Zealand for the past decade and these are both visa-waiver countries.

All I can say is that we did our best to make our I-485 and I-765 submission packet as clear and easy to navigate as possible with a cover page and a table of contents. I also have no children and consequently we were able to submit an I-864EZ, simplifying the affidavit of support.

We used the K1 guide found here at VisaJourney as well as Ilona Bray's "Fiance & Marriage Visas" book (http://www.amazon.com/Fiance-Marriage-Visas-Couples-Immigration-ebook/dp/B00M8H9LFI/ on Amazon for anyone who's interested).

Ultimately, I have no idea what made things so fast for us. However we're very thankful and feel quite fortunate. It's been a long road and I wish all of you currently going through this process the very best of luck.

I sure hope that's the case...my husband is a New Zealand citizen who has lived there since 2000. We're already 114 days into this process without a scheduled interview, but he is adjusting from a student (F-1) visa and not a K-1. Congratulations on getting your AOS completed so quickly!

Edited by Sean and Kristina

I wrote a full detailed account of our AOS process, timeline, AP use, and interview on my blog. You can read it here.

Read our experience clearing immigration with an expired green card and extension letter here.

F-1 AOS Journey

Spoiler

10/05/15 - Mailed AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-693, I-131, I-765, G-325As, G-1145)

10/07/15 - AOS Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

10/14/15 - Received four NOA1s via e-mail & text notifications that USCIS received our case. Routed to National Benefits Center for processing

10/15/15 - Checks cashed

10/19/15 - Received four hard copies of NOA1s in the mail

10/23/15 - Received biometrics appointment in the mail. Scheduled for 11/03

10/26/15 - Failed early walk-in attempt for biometrics at Boston location

11/03/15 - Biometrics appointment in Boston

11/10/15 - AOS case status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview"

12/21/15 - EAD/AP approved

12/24/15 - EAD/AP mailed

12/30/15 - EAD/AP delivered

03/17/16 - Interview scheduled for April 20th

04/20/16 - AOS Inteview - Boston, MA - APPROVED!

04/25/16 - Approval notice received in the mail

04/26/16 - Green card mailed

04/29/16 - Green card delivered

ROC

Spoiler

02/20/18 - Mailed I-751 Package

02/23/18 - I-751 delivered to CSC

02/28/18 - Check cashed

03/02/18 - NOA1 received in the mail

05/12/18 - Notice that previous biometrics will be reused

08/24/18 - Received 18 month extension letter (courtesy copy)

10/22/18 - Received the "revised notice" with the correct 18 month extension letter--on green paper this time.

02/27/19 - Card mailed notification via Case Tracker mobile app

03/01/19 - Both approval letter and new green card delivered

N-400

Spoiler

03/02/19 - Filed N-400 online

03/02/19 - NOA1 via online portal

03/09/19 - Biometrics scheduled

03/12/19 - Biometrics appointment appeared in Documents tab in online USCIS account

03/13/19 - Successful early walk-in for biometrics 

11/13/19 - Interview

Seizetheglobe.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

eh - maybe the workloads at the other service centers is lagged,

so the big cheese changed the routing on YOUR casefile plus the ones that showed up , up to 4 weeks after.

That's my 2 cents, I'm a sticking to it.

Workloads matter.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Wow thats awesome. I thought we were fast, I applied Nov 26th and got notice that my interview in Feb 16th! I was expecting much much longer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.