Jjames727

Question about Medical exam results from consulate for AOS r

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My fiance has her interview and medical exam for a k1 visa in March. I've read that as long as we don't wait too long to apply for AOS we can use the results for the medical exam she will be having in March for AOS as well. Assuming this is true do we need to ask for an extra copy of the exam results in a sealed envelop or is there anything extra that we need from them?

We'll be applying / have the medical exam in Juarez Mexico.

Thanks

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

You just need to have a copy of the vaccination page, DS-3025 to submit with your AOS. Make sure all the necessary vaccinations are checked off. If not, you'll need to see a civil surgeon in the US to get them.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Edited by teeak

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Juarez most likely will not give vaccinations or provide a DS-3025. The medical will be valid for a year, but you will probably need to see a civil surgeon to get the vaccinations done.

The medical forms will be in her sealed envelope she hands over at her POE. They will not give you a copy at the medical. The contents of the sealed envelope are the case documents and will be sent to the USCIS to have in her A file, so the USCIS will have them.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

They are. You will get the medical results in a sealed envelope to take to the K-1 visa interview with you. THEN, once the visa is approved, all your case documentation will be in the new sealed envelope that gets handed over at your POE. Once you turn them in at your POE, they will all be forwarded to the USCIS.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

So if I understand correctly. After she finishes the interview the consular officer will giver her a sealed envelop. At her POE she will hand that envelop over and it will be sent from her POE to USCIS to go into her file and will be there for AOS.

Also, about the vaccinations. Assuming we can't find her documentation. I know that for her visa they won't be required. But once we apply for AOS will she then need to get them?

Thanks

Timeline

After the K-1 is approved, the sealed envelope will be delivered along with her passport that has the K-1 affixed in it. That is what you will pick up from DHL. Make sure she does not open the sealed envelope that states not to open it. That is the one with all her case file documentation in it that gets handed in at the POE.

Yes, you will need to see a civil surgeon to get the required vaccinations and have them marked off on an I-693. She probably will not have gotten vaccinations or a DS-3025 at the medical in Juarez. Some people get a useless blank DS-3025. See this post > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

You may have to call around to find a civil surgeon that will do the vaccinations only. There is a long going thread here on VJ to help with finding one > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/page-15

Timeline

Would it be possible for her to get the vaccinations here in Mexico before coming to the US as long as they would be able to give her records of having them. I'm asking because I'm assuming it would be a lot cheaper for us if she can get them here than in the US

Timeline

She can get them there, but then you still have to see a civil surgeon in the US to get them transcribed onto an I-693.

Timeline

If they are available in Mexico, then get them there cheaper. You may need to get the vaccinations record from Mexico translated for the civil surgeon though. Call around to find one and ask if they need you to translate them, and then decide which route is best for you. You can also get them cheaper at your local health dept in the US and take those records to civil surgeon to transcribe.

I would say if it is cheaper to get them done in Mexico, and then have them transcribed by a civil surgeon here in the US. My husband also went through Juarez, and they did not do them there. We had his records, and had them transcribed here in the US, and then went to the civil surgeon. They charged $25.00 for the transcription, however, we ended up having to have blood work done to prove the information we provided even transcribed, which cost around $300.00, and the civil surgeon made him get the MMR again, because the blood tests showed he was immune to Measles and Mumps, but the Rubella was equivocal, which was literally .1 off of being immune, and he still made him get the full MMR, because they don't have the single dose of Rubella vaccine. Another $80.00. So, if you can have a clear record of what was given in Mexico, you can probably make out cheaper once here, and just need the transcription from the civil surgeon. Hope all goes will for you in Juarez!

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline:

3/19/2018: Sent Application to VSC

3/20/2018: Application Packet Received By VSC

3/26/2018: Check Cashed By VSC

3/27/2018: Received NOA Letter w/Notice Date of 3/22/2018 

5/11/2018: Received Biometrics Letter

5/21/2018: Biometrics Appointment 

5/30/2019: Received Notification New Card Being Produced

6/5/2019: Received Green Card

Timeline

They charged $25 for them to transcribe them onto the I-693, correct? We found her vaccination records However if I understand everything correctly. When she goes to have her physical done in Juárez will what they put in the sealed envelop. Including whatever form they do for the vaccination records be sufficient for AOS or will she need another physical when we apply for AOS?

Timeline

They do not tend to deal with vaccinations at all for K-1 applicants in Juarez. They won't care about the past vaccination records, give any required missing vaccinations, or fill out a DS-3025.

She won't need to repeat the medical, but will need the civil surgeon for the vaccinations. See post #7 of this thread.

Timeline

I read the post and the links. To make sure I understand everything correctly, Juárez won't do anything about her vaccinations. The won't check them, give them, or give any forms etc. So what we will need to do is make sure she has all required vaccinations. When she does that information will need to be transcribed onto a DS 3025. And we can't transcript it ourselves, a civil surgeon must do it. Correct?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.