Svetlana77

What docs I need to have for tourist visa?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Any documents that show strong ties to your country. After all in order to receive the visa you need to be able to prove to the US consul that you are going to come back.

The tourist visa costs $160.

N-400/Naturalization application

Spoiler

·         10/30/2019 - Filed N-400 Online - Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

·         10/31/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 available online

·         11/02/2019 - Status Changed to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled

·         11/04/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 in the mail

·         11/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 available online

·         11/08/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 in the mail

·         11/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment

·         11/21/2019 - Status Changed to Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

·         12/30/2019 - Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled

·         12/31/2019 - Interview notice dated December 30 available online

·         01/06/2020 - Interview notice dated December 30 in the mail

·         02/06/2020 - Interview at local USCIS Office - APPROVED

·         02/06/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

·         02/12/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

·         02/13/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 available online

·         02/18/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 in the mail

·         03/11/2020 - Naturalization Ceremony - US CITIZEN!

·         03/11/2020 - Status Changed to Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued

US Passport application

·         03/11/2020 - Applied for US Passport at local USPS with expedite service

·         03/16/2020 - Received email that Application is In Process

·         03/17/2020 - Check was cashed

·         03/23/2020 - Received email that Application is Approved

·         03/26/2020 - Received the Passport Book in the mail

·         03/27/2020 - Received the Certificate of Naturalization in the mail

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Any documents that show strong ties to your country. After all in order to receive the visa you need to be able to prove to the US consul that you are going to come back.

The tourist visa costs $160.

is this the same cost for a child? And what docs I need to have for a child?

Thank you

Edited by Svetlana77

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

OH LOOK PICTURES - https://500px.com/sorenhelmer

K3 Visa Journey (That turned out to end up being IR1)

Marriage: 2008-03-25

USCIS:
I-130 Sent: 2015-09-10
I-130 Received: 2015-10-15
NOA1 : 2015-10-18
NOA2 : 2015-10-29

NVC:
NVC Received Case (I-130): 2015-11-12
NVC Case Number Received: 2015-12-03
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 2015-12-03
Submit DS-261: 2015-12-03
Pay AOS Bill: 2015-12-04
Receive IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Pay IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Send AOS Package: 2015-12-11
Send IV Package: 2015-12-11
Scan date: someplace around Dec 21st, nvc was not really shearing.

CC: 2016-01-29
Medical Examination: 2016-01-18
Embassy Interview: 2016-03-21 - NEW DATE 2016-03-02

AP: 2016-03-02

Issued: 2016-03-08

- They asked for more papers

Issued Again: 2016-03-10

- No new must be good news :rolleyes:

~~moved to tourist visas from what visa do I need~~

Just a note, it's illegal to use a tourist visa to immigrate to the USA. I mention this based on your previous thread. Discussion of doing so is against TOS.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

~~moved to tourist visas from what visa do I need~~

Just a note, it's illegal to use a tourist visa to immigrate to the USA. I mention this based on your previous thread. Discussion of doing so is against TOS.

I want to visit my aunt in US and not planning to stay forever. I want to spend summer holidays with them. Just need to know if I can take my daughter with me applying visa B1 or B2

NLR is correct. A tourist visa is NOT an immigrant visa which is the one you are trying to obtain (based on your other thread).

Please keep that in mind when soliciting further information as members will assume you will try to use a visitor visa to enter in the US and stay.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

NLR is correct. A tourist visa is NOT an immigrant visa which is the one you are trying to obtain (based on your other thread).

Please keep that in mind when soliciting further information as members will assume you will try to use a visitor visa to enter in the US and stay.

no i am not going to stay in US. I want to know how much it will cost to travel with my child and what exact docs I need. I was told that my aunt can not apply for visitors visa because she is not considered as my close relative.

I want to visit my aunt in US and not planning to stay forever. I want to spend summer holidays with them. Just need to know if I can take my daughter with me applying visa B1 or B2

Your daughter will need her own B2 visa to visit, yes.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

no i am not going to stay in US. I want to know how much it will cost to travel with my child and what exact docs I need. I was told that my aunt can not apply for visitors visa because she is not considered as my close relative.

The visitor applies for a visitor visa. An immiediate family member petitions for an immigrant visa. 2 very different things.

Follow the instructions from the US embassy link that you were given to apply for the visitor visas for you and your child.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

your aunt does not play any role in your B2 application process...moreover, this sudden new interest in being a tourist does not mesh well with your earlier 'gosh, how can I immigrate to the US tomorrow?' post.....something is wrong with this picture....and where is the father of said child? Who has custody? Why the sudden interest in visiting an aunt? What is the name of your American boyfriend? These and other questions will likely be asked of you during your interview, not to mention that COs can now easily track down social media and this site as well....

Timeline

your aunt does not play any role in your B2 application process...moreover, this sudden new interest in being a tourist does not mesh well with your earlier 'gosh, how can I immigrate to the US tomorrow?' post.....something is wrong with this picture....and where is the father of said child? Who has custody? Why the sudden interest in visiting an aunt? What is the name of your American boyfriend? These and other questions will likely be asked of you during your interview, not to mention that COs can now easily track down social media and this site as well....

1. I am divorced.

2. no American boyfriend.

3. What is wrong with my picture?

4. Probably the word "immigrate" I have used in the wrong meaning I should say to come.

So do I need any docs signed by my child's father as do not know where is he now.

Thanks.

Timeline

The visitor applies for a visitor visa. An immiediate family member petitions for an immigrant visa. 2 very different things.

Follow the instructions from the US embassy link that you were given to apply for the visitor visas for you and your child.

Thank you againe. I have found all needed information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.