Mahmoud1987

Just a question and need answer plz

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey VJ

I'm going to apply for k-1 visa and I've never been anywhere in the world... I've been trying to visit England twice in 2013 to see my friends and I've been refused twice coz I didn't proof strong ties .. Is this going to affect my case with the consulate at the embassy during the interview... Or is going to be normal... I'm bit worried about it actually...

Thank you....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you met?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Do you have plans to meet again?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Yes we are going to meet again ... And we're going to apply for k1 visa. We've all the evidence they need that we both in love and intending to marry coz that what we both want .. All we need is to be together... I just wanna know I have been refused from another embassy is going to cause a problem for me or not...

Do you have plans to meet again?

Timeline

Most unlikely based on it just being lack of ties to Egypt.

Is she also Egyptian?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It should not be a problem as long as you were truthful on all your applications and during your interviews... Even though other countries are not directly connected with the US- you never know what information the US embassy's may have regarding those applications and interviews. You just want to be honest, always.

In US interviews, a lot of times visitor visas are denied due to not having strong ties to the applicant's country. It does not have an affect on K1 visa outcomes because with a K1 visa- your intent is to move to the US, meaning you would not need strong ties.

Edited by FN&KO

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Timeline

It should not be a problem as long as you were truthful on all your applications and during your interviews... Even though other countries are not directly connected with the US- you never know what information the US embassy's may have regarding those applications and interviews. You just want to be honest, always.

In US interviews, a lot of times visitor visas are denied due to not having strong ties to the applicant's country. It does not have an affect on K1 visa outcomes because with a K1 visa- your intent is to move to the US, meaning you would not need strong ties.

Well....:))) thank you so much for your answer it helps me a lot...

Timeline

Suggest she joins VJ, there is a lot to learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So i have read,that wennt you have little time of knowing the person,there case was sent to a 2 interview, it works better if you been traveling,to see the person.and that you have more than 2 years....

Timeline

So i have read,that wennt you have little time of knowing the person,there case was sent to a 2 interview, it works better if you been traveling,to see the person.and that you have more than 2 years....

We knew each other since June 2014.. We met online and we both have spent so much time on FaceTime and we've been in contact mostly everyday since we met until present time.. I and her has met in person once but I've FaceTime logs proof that I and her have been so committed to each other during the whole time ... And we are planning for her to come again in early next year.. As you know traveling to Egypt cost a lot of money...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife had never been outside of Russia and tried twice to get a visitor visa, denied both times. We had no issues. The K1 application is really in the hands of the American citizen, She is the one that needs to prove a meeting within the K1 guidelines. Of course you have to provide the G325 as well as a statement of the relationship and your desire to also enter into a marriage with her. I cannot comment on Egypt, but if you have decided on the K1 route, then go for it.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

are you muslim?

Is she muslim?

i would sugges since you are from Egypt, she should come there and marry

she should bring all the paperwork to fill out while she is there for immigration since there is one section that has to be filled out in your native language

and she should get copies of your passport and all things USCIS wants as mailing these later to her is expensive

Wishing you the best

incha allah all will be good

Jeanne

Timeline

are you muslim?

Is she muslim?

i would sugges since you are from Egypt, she should come there and marry

she should bring all the paperwork to fill out while she is there for immigration since there is one section that has to be filled out in your native language

and she should get copies of your passport and all things USCIS wants as mailing these later to her is expensive

Wishing you the best

incha allah all will be good

Jeanne

Hey.. Thanks for your advice but the reason we want to do the k1 visa coz it's much faster and we need to be together as soon as possible.. And yes I'm Muslim and she's a Christian...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.