AmeBed

221g docs submitted...how long now?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

@YankeeFoxtrot

Our interview was 19 Nov, received a 221g requested an additional document. That doc was received on the 20 Nov and loaded against the case on 23 Nov. Since then all I can get from the Embassy staff is its under AP, have to wait. Not the answer you want to hear but there is no timeline when under AP. I've seen some here on VJ approved in days, others in months.

Timeline

I filed here in the states but had an expedite through USCIS and then NVC....Embassy is where everything slllooowwwweeeddd down. It was a miscommunication between my wife and I, she had a certified copy of her birth certificate, not the original. The Embassy had the document within 27 hrs of the interview but we are still stuck in AP. Today is day 30 since they received the document so I'm waiting for a reply to an email sent just a little bit ago. Hope your process is faster then mine.

I see, our cases are a bit different because I filed here due to living in Bangkok. Did you receive a reply yet? Have you tried checking online? I emailed them and received this reply:

We received the documents on December 18, 2015. Please allow 30 days for administrative processing.

FOR REQUESTS TO CHECK THE STATUS OF A CASE:

If you wish to check the status of your case, you may do so online HERE by using your case number.

Please note that if Embassy staff requested more documentation from you during your interview, the Immigrant Visa Unit will not be able to respond to status check requests via email during the first 30 days after it receives your documents.

Timeline

That is the standard reply, you'll get it many times. I'm on the CEAC and NVC website nightly looking for any kind of movement/changes.

Good luck to you and keep me posted, I'll do the same with mine.

Timeline

AP to Ready!

Here is the email from the Embassy, received at 31 days of AP.

Dear Applicant:

We confirm receipt of your inquiry. Currently, your visa has progressed to the next stage of our visa approval process. The case status means the consular officer believes your case is documentarily qualified for issuance. We caution you that this is not a guarantee of issuance as all applicants need to clear the final stage of background checks. Applicants must refrain from making any irrevocable travel arrangements until they receive the visa package including their passport with the visa inside. It could take a minimum of 10 working days before background checks and a visa package is prepared. Once the visa package is ready, it will be mailed to the applicant at the mailing address indicated on his/her GSS profile. All the original civil documents will be returned to the applicant in this package. We appreciate your patience as your application is completing the final adjudication step.

Timeline

Yes, starting to think that is their standard operating procedure for 221g's. If you'd like I can still keep you updated on my timeline, hopefully it provides you with a better picture.

Timeline

Things are moving along, I've had case status updates last 2 days. Still says Ready and Immigrant visa with original date creation. Last immigration fee ($140) is available to pay yet. Hope yours moves faster then mine did but think if your in AP its about a month.

Timeline

Issued as of 23 Dec. I noticed it about 0330 hrs CST so about 430pm Thailand time. Could have been earlier but I was sleeping.

Status will go from AP -> Ready -> AP -> Issued.

Took right around 31-33 days after they received document from 221g (scan date, not date they signed for the mail).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still in AP. No updates since Dec 22.

Do you know if there are certain hours they do updates at the BKK embassy?

To confirm your timeline - is this right?

Docs received Nov 20

Loaded to case Nov 23

Status changed to READY & email from embassy Dec 22

Case status update Dec 23

ISSUED Dec 23

Had or interview on 12/21/2015 and was ask for additional documents (joint sponsor and cenomar) cenomar was picked up by damn on 12/21/2015 and joint sponsor was sent 1/04/2016. Again I what to know how long wild it take? Any way we can email the consulate because I read a few were able to email the consulate.. (Manila us embassy)

Edited by Trinitran1453

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.