LookyWhatIFound

December 2015 I-130 Filers

1,437 posts in this topic

Hi all you would be December filers. I won't really feel like my I-130 is started on the path until I have a topic to sit in so here it is so come on in don't be shy and lets get this show on the road!

Well so far all I know is my package just got to the Chicago lockbox and I have miles and miles to go till I sleep!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I'm with you! We got an email on Dec 1st saying our package was received. Then today I went to check and it says a document they sent me has been returned to them! Grrrr..... Hopefully the path will go smoothly for us all!

I'm with you! We got an email on Dec 1st saying our package was received. Then today I went to check and it says a document they sent me has been returned to them! Grrrr..... Hopefully the path will go smoothly for us all!

Hi blanche glad to see I'm not the only one. So this email you got was that from the lockbox or USCIS? So the USCIS sent you a document and it got returned to them? Did they get your address wrong or were you able to get them to correct what they have?

If they already took the fee, hopefully it was the NOA1 they were trying to send you? Fingers crossed.

Yes hopefully it'll go smoothly for all but you have to buckle up cause the frustration with USCIS will certainly have you taking bumps that can fly you out of your seat!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

yes, it's the NOA1 I'm assuming. I got to speak to a customer service rep tonight (it's 1am here in Israel) but she couldn't help me with the address issue. I know they have the right address for me but someone must have entered it wrong on their end. I hope it won't hold up the process but who knows?! I will go to sleep and try to figure out a way to contact them from overseas and actually get someone who can fix this. I was expecting the approval to come soon - not notice that something got returned to them. Ugh.

From what I remember there is a address change form that you fill out with USCIS. I don't remember exactly if its am online form or one you have to send them. But I'm a little confused, are you the US citizen and is the address you are getting the document in Israel?

Well it's late over there so I guess you can deal with it tomorrow. I'll see if I can find that change of address form.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

I didn't change addresses, though. It's their mistake. I'm the petitioner and I live here in Israel with my husband. If anyone can think of anything I'd appreciate it. I wonder if cases go on to be approved even if a NOA1 is never actually received by mail. the issue is that online they say 'your paper will be held by us for 180 days and if you don't contact us by then, we will discard it and you will have to start your application all over again.' ugh

Blanche, this is the form I was talking about but I think its for the USC and asks for old address and new address. I don't know why they couldn't help you on the phone. Ugg​h is right, and welcome to USCIS :angry:

https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

yeah lol right off the bat, eh?! well I tried again just now to complete the 'noticed not received' form on their website and when I submit it - the message tells me :

• Do not submit a request if you have just recently been approved, allow approximately 30 days to receive your new notice.

So ... I suppose I can't use that form then! I will try to call them someway again...

OMG they don't make it easy to fix things. Why were they not able to fix it over the phone. I think you can ask for a higher level officer, sometimes the ones ansering the initial call don't know what to do in cases that aren't standard. UGGH!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

She did transfer me to a higher level officer but the automated message came on saying they will call me back. well, you probably can't call me back in Israel. I was calling the 800- number through Skype. I think tomorrow I might get a Skype phone number so it will be valid in the US, that way I can actually speak to someone. And hopefully they can help.

She did transfer me to a higher level officer but the automated message came on saying they will call me back. well, you probably can't call me back in Israel. I was calling the 800- number through Skype. I think tomorrow I might get a Skype phone number so it will be valid in the US, that way I can actually speak to someone. And hopefully they can help

Oh I haven't quite figured out this editor. When I try to post a smiley its screwing up my post. But anyway Good luck. Its too early in the game for the frustration though, cause at this rate you'll be a wreck before we get to the finish line :)

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

So, USCIS lists the current average time to get an NOA2 from VSC for a USC filing I-130 for spouse at 5 months.

So I guess I can schedule the big celebration party for June 1st and Blanche, you can peg yours for the 15th of May! No problem what could possibly go wrong! :devil:

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

I am expecting it to take one year based on some things from this website and from two friends I know who did it recently. One was in Australia and one in Ireland. Both took one year or a tiny bit less - maybe 11 months. I can't wait to get back to America! I'm a citizen but my husband isn't..... can't go without him now, can I? :P

Hi Blanche I was just talking about the processing up to the NOA2 at VSC. Yes it will be at least another 5 months to get the interview at London. So at least 10 months. I was just trying to break the process into 2 pieces so it looked like we have something that's easier to wait for.

Cool you can stay there with your husband! Did you still have to file at USCIS in the US? I guess there's no way to do a DCF right from Israel?

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Yes, good way to look at it - in 2 parts. More bearable? Maybe. No, not good that I get to stay here with my husband. Dying to get out of here and back to sanity in America. :) Been here going on 7 years. I am definitely not cut out for this place.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.