sumehra29

Entering USA next week

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am a us citizen my fiancé is approved k1 visa we are traveling to USA next week port of entry Boston . Are we able to go through customs together in same line .thanks

Can't speak for Boston but In Baltimore certainly NOT. USC and LPR one line, everyone else in the other. Fiance is going to be in secondary immigration anyway after the first bit.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Working & Traveling During US Immigration Forum~

~Inquiry about POE and travel~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In most airports, citizens/green card and visa holders are separated. But you can still go to any of the lines, and they will still process you.

In your case (K1 Visa) - there is additional verifications that are needed. So you should ask the attendant at the beginning of the line. Most likely they will direct you to a separate waiting area. Both of you can go there!

Timeline

Ya I've traveled through Boston plenty of times I know there are 2 separate lines and then down stairs is the secondary office which is where he will

Be processed . I'll just ask when there thanks all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

A USC can go through any line in Boston. My USC wife used to go through the non USC line with me when I was visiting and now she goes through the Greencard holder line with me. You should be able to wait inside secondary inspection with your fiance unless it is busy.

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Timeline

A USC can go through any line in Boston. My USC wife used to go through the non USC line with me when I was visiting and now she goes through the Greencard holder line with me. You should be able to wait inside secondary inspection with your fiance unless it is busy.

. Oh thanks that's great news .i know I have seen us citizens go through the other line thanks for the information much appreciated

. Oh thanks that's great news .i know I have seen us citizens go through the other line thanks for the information much appreciated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am a us citizen my fiancé is approved k1 visa we are traveling to USA next week port of entry Boston . Are we able to go through customs together in same line .thanks

First you must clear immigrations where they check your visa and passport; see the replies from the previous posters above about going through that together.

Once you clear immigrations, you get your luggage and then proceed through customs. And yes, you definitely can go through customs together.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Here is my story. My POE was in Atlanta back in September of 2013. My wife was coming with me for the first time on CR-1 spousal visa. After a long 15 hours nonstop flight, we were dead tired then walked like 15 minutes to the immigration line. It was incredible long line(2 separate lines as everyone mentioned). Wife had that package in her hand they gave her at the Embassy. We were getting in the back of very long line. There were security guards telling people to get in line or which line to get in. One lady guard saw us trying to figure out which line to get in. She saw that package in my wife's hand and pointed that to her and asked if she was a new immigrant. Of course wife was scared tired and not good at English didn't understand but I heard her and answered yes. Then she asked me if I am the petitioner(Had US passport in hand). I said yes. Then she said follow me both of you. To my surprise we walked past a few hundred people in line which could take hours to process to a separate waiting room. I found out this is the place they process new immigrants. There were only few people were ahead of us and it took less then 10 minutes to process her paperwork. They were happy I was there because it made their job easier. I could answer all the questions they had. As a courtesy, they processed my passport as well. We were done in less then 10 minutes. Custom is the next step where we got our luggage and inspected for some dry foods we brought with us. So we never got separated in any of those steps. Atlanta has a new state of the art International terminal now may be that's why it was easier and organized. Not sure about Boston or any other airports. But you can always ask to be together and they may let you. It actually make their job easier in case your spouse can't answer some questions such as home address or anything else

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

as in most airports, i believe, a USC can fall in line with their non-USC partner/family/relative and be processed the same. if a USC is travelling alone then he/she will have to fall in line for USC/Green card holder. my then fiance and I, we entered through Seattle airport and i had to go in line with him to the non-USC line and be processed together. he was then sent to secondary inspection to open his packet and stamp his passport. the whole process took about 10-15 minutes. the only question he was asked was...what's the name of your fiance whom you will get married to. he was also told that he has 90 days to marry. as long as everything is in place then it will just be a walk in the park. good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Every POE is different how they process new immigrants. At busy airports, new immigrants are not always sent to Secondary.

I, USC accompanied my wife to the US. We were guided to the non-citizens' line by the attendant. We walked to the CBP desk together, she handed her sealed package. The officer opened and processed her packet right there at his desk. She was photographed and fingerprinted. He stamped both our passports, and we were done in less than 10 minutes.

From there we collected our luggage and approached Customs. They x-rayed our bags and said we are good to go. Out of the airport 10 minutes after that.

This was Washington DC airport.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

Thank you all for the information . Boston has a pretty small international arrival so if together or not doesn't matter either way we will meet on the other side which is like 20 steps hahha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.