YasiMazi

Help! My husband overstayed in the USA in his previous visit.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi everyone, I do need help. So I am a us citizen and we got married back in our home country on Aug 3rd, 2014. at the time I was a green card holder and recently I became a us citizen and sent my documentation to upgrade his case to IR/CR1. He came to US in 2012 on B1 visa and extend his visa for 6 more month, but he overstayed for 3 month after the expiration date. He was staying with his family and someone came to their place and let his aunt know that his visa is over and he has to leave but as he was not home they did not give ant letter or any more information. He left the country 4 days after they showed up. Now, I am wondering if it was a deposition or removal condition. Also, would be any issue at his interview related to his overstayed as it was less than 6 month and he left the country voluntarily? I am not even sure what should I say related this condition in his DS-260 form. does it consider as illegal presence in the US?

Any help will be appreciated! Please give me some advice and if you had a similar experience let me know what was the result.

Thank you in advance,

Aug 03, 2014 Got Married!

Feb 23, 2015 Mailed I-130 to Chicago

Feb 25, 2015 Received NOA1(PD)

Apr 28, 2015 Received NOA2 (Approved by USCIS)

May11, 2015 NVC received file

May27, 2015 Received Case number and Invoice ID Number on phone

Jun 24, 2015 NVC emailed the Case number

Oct 23, 2015 AOS invoice received (Wellcome letter)

Oct 24, 2015 Paid AOS fee and completed DS-261

Nov 25, 2015 Mailed the AOS package

Nov 29, 2015 Scan date

Nov 30, 2015 DS-261 reviewed over the phone!

Dec 01, 2015 Received IV invoice via email and Paid IV fee

Dec 20, 2015 DS-260 completed

Jan 07, 2016 Case completed

Jan 12, 2016 Interview scheduled

Feb 01, 2016 Interview!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from Bringing Family to CR-1 spousal visa for more answers ****

He should not have a ban with only a 3 months overstay, though they will definitely ask about it at the interview.

It is a little odd that someone official (?) came to where he was staying and told them he was overstaying, ICE usually is too busy with criminals and such. Is he sure he got the B2 visa extension for the extra 6 months? If that did not process correctly, he has a 9 month overstay which would trigger a ban....

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

***** Moving from Bringing Family to CR-1 spousal visa for more answers ****

He should not have a ban with only a 3 months overstay, though they will definitely ask about it at the interview.

It is a little odd that someone official (?) came to where he was staying and told them he was overstaying, ICE usually is too busy with criminals and such. Is he sure he got the B2 visa extension for the extra 6 months? If that did not process correctly, he has a 9 month overstay which would trigger a ban.

Thanks you for helping me. Yes, he has the visa extension document which shows he was eligible to stay until end of Dec 2013 however he left the country on March 2014

Aug 03, 2014 Got Married!

Feb 23, 2015 Mailed I-130 to Chicago

Feb 25, 2015 Received NOA1(PD)

Apr 28, 2015 Received NOA2 (Approved by USCIS)

May11, 2015 NVC received file

May27, 2015 Received Case number and Invoice ID Number on phone

Jun 24, 2015 NVC emailed the Case number

Oct 23, 2015 AOS invoice received (Wellcome letter)

Oct 24, 2015 Paid AOS fee and completed DS-261

Nov 25, 2015 Mailed the AOS package

Nov 29, 2015 Scan date

Nov 30, 2015 DS-261 reviewed over the phone!

Dec 01, 2015 Received IV invoice via email and Paid IV fee

Dec 20, 2015 DS-260 completed

Jan 07, 2016 Case completed

Jan 12, 2016 Interview scheduled

Feb 01, 2016 Interview!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Maybe a rookie doing some easy assignments then, or someone who was not official, who didn't like your husband, causing trouble.

In any case, he should be prepared for questions about it, and answer honestly. They may give him a bit of a hard time about it at the interview, but there is no ban so it should not affect the spousal visa.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.