Padistine

Speed of Receipt of F2A Visa after Interview (lack thereof)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi All, I filed the i-130 for my wife (PD January 2014), we received the interview letter in August 2015 and the interview was September 8th 2015.

The Problem is(after my wife got approved by the end of her interview at the US Embassy in Cairo,Egypt) they took her Passport and told her to expect it within 30 days via courrier Aramex, and it's been over 2.5 months now (and still counting)

I tried to contact the embassy in every possible way I thought of, long story short, no phones, no chat, no costumer service, I can only email (consularcairoiv@state.gov) for immigrant visa inquiries and they're so slow in their replies (4 weeks to get a reply) and when I got a reply, they told me that officer is still reviewing the case !! And they'll let us know when they're done.

Is anyone else facing the same problem? Any suggestions??

thank you !!

PD Jan 14 2014

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

1) Have you checked the courier company's website? For example, VFS is the company who handle devlivering passports back to the applicant in India. They have a website where you can enter the pass port number and it will tell you if its still at the consulate or in the process of being delivered. So in your case if you can check the status of the passport through the courier company website that would be a goof starting point.

2) If you get the info that it was sent then courier company did not deliver it properly and you can talk to them.

3) if you get the info that it is still at the consulate, Talk to your congressman/Senator's office and they should be able to make an enquiry with the embassy.

All these aside, What does CEAS website indicate for your case? Does it say issued or Administrative processing? If its AP then your passport did not leave the consulate.

Edited by vkrishn

Timeline

Shukria Vkrishn for your reply, I fall in case number 3, I called Aramex and they told me that the passport is still with the embassy, contacting my congressman sounds intriguing, i'll look it up online.

I looked up my case status on CEAC and it says " READY "

Case Creation Date: 19-May-2015 Status Updated Date:

19-Oct-2015

I don't understand why it's still as "READY", since my wife has already been interviewed.

PD Jan 14 2014

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I took the Congressman's route during my I-130, NVC, Interview and post Interview as well.

For example, My wife did not get her passport for 2 weeks after interview even though she was approved during interview. Contacted the constituent services director from my congressman's office whom i got in touch during my I-130 and post her enquiry we got the passport in a week. It was just under regular processing and at that time the emabssy had some issues with Visa printing. Constituent services director was ind enough to tell me the status in 2 days after she made an enquiry!

Now going through the route of Congressman can atleast help you know whats happening with your case. DOS, USCIS, Consulate all have liaosn who work with these congressman/woman's office and are bound to answer to them.

If i were you, 2.5 months is a long time and i would contact the congresswoman/man of your district right away. Your taxes goes as Salary to them! Let them do the work!

Edited by vkrishn

Timeline

That sounds very hopeful !

I never thought abt how my Congressman can be useful to me, I sent him an email and tomorrow (Monday) I'm passing by the office !

I've been waiting only because I was clueless.

Thank you so so much vkrishn !

I hope that works!

PD Jan 14 2014

Timeline

Hiii Dina, how are you doing?

Hopefully we won't have to wait more that 3 months, I went to my Congressman office today and provided them with all what they need to start the inquiry with the Embassy, ya Rabb, *praying*

PD Jan 14 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.