alexbatalla

Info & Timings: EAD and AP

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello,

I am in the process to get the K1 Visa (sponsored by my US citizen fiancée, I am from Spain).

I recently received the NOA2 (still 2 or 3 months to go until I get the K1, I know).

I got hired by a French company that has an American subsidiary in California. They are aware of my Visa process situation, so they cannot hire me through the American subsidiary since I get the EAD after I get married. This job will involve A LOT of travelling outside the US. As far as I know, when you apply for AOS (Green Card) you can also apply for EAD and AP. My question is, how long does it take to have validated these 2 documents so I can start performing properly my job and travelling outside the US? How long will I be stuck in the US after I get in with my K1 visa? At which point of the process can I legally sign the contract with the American company?

Thank you for your help,

Alex

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

takes about 2 to 3 months to get the EAD/AP as far as i know

you can check the processing time statistics

✡♥✡

K-1 Visa (CSC) AOS (MSC)

26.1.2014 - Started dating ||||||||| 15.9.2015 - Applied for SSN

17.1.2015 - Met for the first time | 21.9.2015 - Received SSN

26.1.2015 - Got engaged ||| 16.10.2015 - Got Married

6.2.2015 - I-129F sent |||||||||| 11.11.2015 - AOS/EAD/AP sent

11.2.2015 - NOA1 |||||| 24.11.2015 - NOA1

26.2.2015 - NOA2 |||||| 2.12.2015 - Biometrics letter received

17.3.2015 - Case sent to Jerusalem consulate|||8.12.2015 - Biometrics

13.4.2015 - Packet 3 |||||||||| 11.12.2015 - Online RFE notice

28.6.2015 - Medical x

8.7.2015 - Interview - Approved! :luv: |||||||||||| x

31.7.2015 - Visa in hand ||||||| x

31.8.2015 - POE LAX x

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You can apply for EAD. and AP, at the same time as you apply for AOS. and they will be free of charge when filed at the same time. The EAD. and the AP. normally take between 60 and 90 days. You can not start working until you receive your EAD.

event.png

Timeline

Thank you for your replies.

But by that time I will be working for the French company. Then, when I get the K1 visa and I enter the US to get married I will be "locked up" for at least 3 months? (time to get married + apply for AOS with EAD and AP + waiting time)????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

EAD and AP can be filed with expedite requests. Should the company provide documentation that shows you are employed in your native country and will transfer to the U.S. subsidiary, you may have a chance at an expedited case. Look at the timelines and you can see someone with an expedite request recently got their approval in two weeks time from the filing date.

Timeline

EAD and AP can be filed with expedite requests. Should the company provide documentation that shows you are employed in your native country and will transfer to the U.S. subsidiary, you may have a chance at an expedited case. Look at the timelines and you can see someone with an expedite request recently got their approval in two weeks time from the filing date.

Thank you Tarzan, I researched further about the expedite requests and that sounds like a good option. The company can issue a letter saying that they need to employ me in the USA as soon as possible and it should be fine to get it faster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.