kdgray

Ukranian Immigration help please!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everybody and thanks for reading this.

I've recently fell in love with a girl from Ukraine and on my visit there I want her to be with me in the USA.

I've been looking through a TON of websites saying a whole bunch of different things and I think this forum will probably be the most useful.

So here are my questions.

Is the k1 visa the quickest way to get my girl into the USA?

Should I marry her here in Ukraine K3 or wait to marry in the USA K1?

I am also a freelancer so how do I prove that I am able to support a family when I don't have stable income?

Is there a certain office that I should send my I-130 and I-129F to? Is there an office that has a quicker processing time than the others?

I am currently going to fly back to Ukraine to be with her in about 10 days and I'd greatly appreciate any type of advice that I can get.

I'm wondering if there is something I can do while in Ukraine to expedite the processes.

Thank you so much.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, K1 would probably be the quickest...so if you want the quickest process, then get married here with a K1. About your income, I'm not too sure about that...you may need to find a sponsor (and from what I understand, some embassies don't even allow that). You will send your I-129F to the lockbox facility and they will most likely send it to the California Service Center. Current processing time there is a little over 30 days.

I just started the process myself with the K1...my fiancee lives in the Philippines. I am sure there is someone here that has info specific to Ukraine. With the Ukraine there may be other options for entry so you could always ask in the forum for that region if you don't get an answer here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

K1 would be quickest. File that now.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

As a freelancer can you work from Ukraine? If you can, and you can be with your girl during the process, it might be better to go the spousal (CR-1) route. It takes longer, but if there are hiccups along the way, it can be re-evaluated rather than just denied and sent back to expire. Also, once she enters the US she would have her green card, and be allowed to work immediately.

Just depends on your own situation.

Best of luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

To start with, take a look at the comparison chart of marriage-based visas: http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

Also check the Guides, for specific information on each of those choices (link at the top of the page).

Also, check the regional sub-forum for the Ukraine, to get specific experiences on the processes from that country.

Not matter what, start gathering evidence of your relationship. For example, on your upcoming trip, photos of the two of you, as well as with her family & friends, would be great. If you decide on the K-1 (fastest) you can get her signature on the necessary forms for the I-129f petition filing, while you're there. (read the guide)

Good Luck!

K-1...

08/09/2015: I-129F mailed
08/14/2015: NOA1 received by email; hardcopy received approximately 08/17/2015
09/14/2015: NOA2 received
09/30/2015: NVC received case
10/02/2015: CEAC status changed to "In Transit"
10/08/2015: CEAC status changed to "Ready"
10/09/2015: Consulate acknowledged receipt via phone; Hardcopy from US DoS with case number.
10/19/2015: Received information from Consulate.
10/28/2015: Medical Exam
11/17/2015: Interview...rescheduled due to computer problems. New date as yet unknown.
11/18/2015: Called in for interview and APPROVED!

11/24/2015: Picked up visa/passport and sealed packet from the Consulate! <happy dance>

02/14/2016: Arrived in the U.S. (POE was Bermuda)...CO was really nice!

02/18/2016: Married! :)

AOS...

03/02/2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package mailed
03/14/2016: I-485/765/131 NOAs received by mail. USCIS Received Date 03/04/2016; USCIS Notice Date 03/10/2016
03/25/2016: Received biometrics appointment letter for I-485 & I-765
04/04/2016: Biometrics appointment
04/26/2016: Received notification that the I-131 was approved and the name was updated on the I-765
05/23/2016: Received notice that card was being produced for I-765.
05/28/2016: Received EAD/AP card.
06/01/2016: Received electronic notice that AOS interview has been scheduled.
06/30/2016: I-485 interview at USCIS Baltimore Field Office.
09/01/2016: InfoPass appointment made for 09/07/2016.
09/06/2016: Received electronic notification that I-485 was approved on 09/02/2016.
09/09/2016: Received approval letter.
09/14/2016: Green Card delivered! :)

ROC...

06/13/2018: I-751 package mailed to Vermont Service Center
06/25/2018: NOA/extension letter received, dated 06/19/2018

07/14/2018: Received ASC notice for Biometrics Appointment

07/25/18: Completed Biometrics

06/13/19: Received email notification of card production. I-751 approved!

06/19/19: 10yr card delivered!

Timeline

Thanks tamcloud that really helps.

Has anyone gone through the DCF?

I'm not really sure I understand that properly, but it seems like I can simply get married in Ukraine and become a resident there?

Which will allow me to file directly at the US Embassy in Kiev. Is that correct?

Timeline

I have no idea of what the Resident rules are for Ukraine, have you spoken to your SO about moving over there?

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to What Visa Do I Need Forum~

~Inquiry about various family visa processes~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Is there a certain office that I should send my I-130 and I-129F to? Is there an office that has a quicker processing time than the others?

I'm wondering if there is something I can do while in Ukraine to expedite the processes.

Answers to the above:

• The instructions on the forms specifically state where they are to be sent to. Once accepted by the intake facility, they are sent to a service center. You have no control as to which service center it will be sent to nor will you know which one it will go to until your are told of the one it has been routed to.
  • Expedites are granted based on specific criteria. Unless your case meets said criteria, there is nothing you can do.

Which will allow me to file directly at the US Embassy in Kiev. Is that correct?

DCF is only possible if there is a USCIS field office in the country. There is no USCIS field office in Ukraine so DCF will not be possible.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

If you do go through K1 process, take a look at the list of documents now, and get the docs that require fiancé signature done while you in UA, as mailing docs(even simple letters) is costly and unreliable.

Timeline

Hello everybody and thanks for reading this.

I've recently fell in love with a girl from Ukraine and on my visit there I want her to be with me in the USA.

I've been looking through a TON of websites saying a whole bunch of different things and I think this forum will probably be the most useful.

So here are my questions.

Is the k1 visa the quickest way to get my girl into the USA?

Should I marry her here in Ukraine K3 or wait to marry in the USA K1?

I am also a freelancer so how do I prove that I am able to support a family when I don't have stable income?

I am currently going to fly back to Ukraine to be with her in about 10 days and I'd greatly appreciate any type of advice that I can get.

Thank you so much.

My fiance is from Ukraine, I hope your truly have found love. Ukrainian women are like none other that I've met. They're very beautiful, classy and very charming. I would advise doing the K1 visa. You will need to document your income somehow to show that you can support her. That will be much later in the K1 Visa process though. You must do your research! Many people here make the mistake of just posting a question and thinking they will get all the answers they need. There is plenty of information here on this website about how to go about obtaining a K1. If you do decide pursue the K1 visa, while you are in Ukraine get her to sign a G-325 biographical information page. This page MUST have an original signature. You will also need a fiance letter of intent to be signed as well. These things are much easier to transport back with you as opposed to dealing with mailing them over-seas.

I should warn you, this process is not an easy one. It can be nerve-wrecking at times. You and your future fiance should talk about all that this involves. There are lot's of people here willing to help, but like I said before do your research. A lot of questions can be answered simple by using Google.

Best of luck

Tag

Priority Mailed I-129 on 8/10/15

Tracked and Received by Texas Lockbox 8/12/15

N.O.A.1 email/text 08/17/15

N.O.A. 1 hard copy 8/21/15

R.F.E. 09/02/15 ?

N.O.A. 2 email/text 09/24/15

N.O.A. 2 hard copy 09/28/15

N.V.C. Received 10/15/15

N.V.C Case#10/19/15

N.V.C. In Transit 10/20/15

Case Received 10/22/15

Medical 11/17/

Appointment date 11/18/15

Approval 11/18/15!!!!!!!!!!

P.O.E. J.F.K.- 11/27/15 ?????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We chose to go the CR-1 route.

I was tired from all the travels, and as we all know, the separation of a international relationship just plain sucks.

After looking at the options, this is how we proceeded. My wife, then GF got a U.S. visitors visa and she traveled to the USA for vacation. I got tired of the Ukrainian 90/180 day rule and decided to get married in Ukraine and applied for TRP so I could stay.

The only tricky thing to get married in Ukraine is if you have been divorced, if so have your divorce decree aplstiled from the state in which issued.

Yes, everything in English has to get translated into Ukrainian.

After marriage we filled our CR-1 petition.....We are always together. We go to the USA to visit and take care of our home, then return to Ukraine to visit and take care of business here

CR-1 Visa

USCIS

7/27/15 Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lock box

7/29/15 NOA1, TSC

10/7/15 Entered USA for three weeks to close escrow and pack house

12/5/15 Entered USA for 90 days to visit

12/7/15 I-130 approved,NOA2

NVC

12/23/15 NVC received package

1/5/2016 Called NVC

1/7/2016 Called NVC, assigned case # and IIN #

1/7/2016 Assigned choice of agent

1/7/2016 Paid AOS fees

1/21/2016 Paid packet IV fees

2/20/2016 Filed DS-260

3/30/2016 Sent NVC package

4/5/2016 NVC received package

5/5/2016 Email from NVC...case complete with interview date 6/17

6/10/2016 Medical

6/17/2016 Interview - Approved :)

Timeline

Thank you Michael and Ganna and Tag & Polina.

I will get the G325 signed.

I was trying to get her a U.S. visitors visa as well, but they seem extremely strict on letting people from Ukraine enter the U.S. especially when her passport doesn't have any previous visas on it.

I was trying to get her a U.S. visitors visa as well, but they seem extremely strict on letting people from Ukraine enter the U.S. especially when her passport doesn't have any previous visas on it.

Timeline

She would appyl for a visitor visa, Ukraine would be up there with high risk Consulates but it depends on her circumstances.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If you are getting documents signed while in Ukraine and doing the K-1, remember to have her sign the" letter of Intent" also :)

CR-1 Visa

USCIS

7/27/15 Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lock box

7/29/15 NOA1, TSC

10/7/15 Entered USA for three weeks to close escrow and pack house

12/5/15 Entered USA for 90 days to visit

12/7/15 I-130 approved,NOA2

NVC

12/23/15 NVC received package

1/5/2016 Called NVC

1/7/2016 Called NVC, assigned case # and IIN #

1/7/2016 Assigned choice of agent

1/7/2016 Paid AOS fees

1/21/2016 Paid packet IV fees

2/20/2016 Filed DS-260

3/30/2016 Sent NVC package

4/5/2016 NVC received package

5/5/2016 Email from NVC...case complete with interview date 6/17

6/10/2016 Medical

6/17/2016 Interview - Approved :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.