7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I am extremelly happy to give you all the news that my expedite was approved. As I stated in other post this was a very rare chance of approval but here we are. I tried it and Im glad I made it.

So this post might be able to help other venezuelans or anyone else who's looking to expedite but doesnt know how.

Well first you need to know what the grounds for the expedite are: Severe financial loss to company or ​person, emergency situation, humanitarian reasons, nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States​, department of defense or ​n​ational ​i​nterest ​s​ituation, USCIS error or compelling interest of USCIS.

In my case, I think the most accurate ground for Venezuela was Humanitarian crisis. Yes, I understand no one has declared it but that doesn't mean is not happening. ​

First thing I did was finding out how to start the expedite process and this is where the fun part begins!

The email you want to contact the NVC to speet up your process is this:
NVCExpedite@state.gov (yes, also take notes I requested the expedite two days after I got my NOA2, asking the NVC to expedite it as soon as they got it)

Well next, this is how you start the email. Is important that you put in the first line of the email whats the grounds for expedite you're requesting this on. And of course, the expedite request must be from the petitioner, not the beneficiary.

Example of me being the petitioner:

Name of the person submitting the inquiry: ______________________

NVC case number or USCIS receipt number: _____________________

Petitioner's name: ___________________

Principal Applicant's name and date of birth: ____________________

I, Arelys Weimer, I'm formally requesting that the (whatever visa type is) be expedited on the grounds of (Humanitarian Crisis) as soon as it reaches you (in case that is not at the NVC yet).

NOTE: If it's already at the NVC or at the USCIS, leave at "...reaches you".

On the second paragraph you want to explain how you got to the conclusion that the expedite is neccesary and the grounds for it are correct. In my case, my husband explained how theres a serious lack of primery products here such as toilet paper and medicines. Added to this he explained that my country has the second highest crime rate in latinamerica and there has been rapings, murders, kidnappnings, people are breaking into houses, robberies everywhere.

He explained how this has put a lot of stress in the marriage and how he can't even sleep knowing that Im here and I cant even be safe at my own home.

On top of this he explained that theres airlines leaving the country and even if I get the visa I might not be able to find a plane ticket to leave. Of course, there's the upcoming elections and we don't know for certain whats going to happen. Maybe something, maybe nothing but he wasn't wiling to risk it.

Once you've explained everything in your email, the next part is doing a bit of research. Add to your email all kinds of news covering what you just said in that email. News in english and spanish. You do wanna find the news that cover stuff close by where you live, thats what will be the most helpful tool for you.

Note: if you dont know where to find english news about the country you're requesting the expedite on, I recommend you this portal: http://www.insightcrime.org/

You will find travel warnings in the Department of State's website http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings.html (Find your country on the list) Get the warning printed, scanned and attach it to this email as well. (They can't contradict you on something they know).

Make sure you explain to them how serious the situation is.

I tried this with little to non chances to getting it, and here I am. Do not be afraid to try.

IMPORTANT: IS A FREE INQUIRY SO YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY TO GET IT EXPEDITED. ALSO, IT DOES NOT SLOW DOWN THE PROCESS IF IT GETS DENIED. So as you cna see, there's no downside of trying. If you think it meets the requirements, try it. The worst thing they can do is say NO and keep working on your paperwork on their ussual timeframe.

NOTE: If you didn't get to pay the fees in the NVC because your case got expedited, don't worry. The embassy will let you pay the fees and submit the original documents the day of your interview. In your currency.

Keep out for this post since I'm now in contact with the embassy, I will explain how the rest of the process goes from this point and on.

God bless, and if you need any help with this; ask away. Doesnt matter if you feel its a silly question.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Arelys,

I am so happy for you that your expedite was approved. Also, on behalf of everyone else I should say thank you as well for posting the information on the steps for the expedite. I am currently not in a position where the expedite is needed, and will not be applying for it (thus giving chances to others like yourself to apply for expedite)... However, it is great that you are sharing the information for other Venezuelans to be aware of the possibilities of expediting their cases. Thank you, and congratulations!!! I hope you are reunited with your husband very soon!!! Keep us posted on the actual timeline for your expedite.

CURRENT PROCESS:
I-130 for Mom in Venezuela (Approved) - On To NVC Processing
MM - DD
03-13 - Sent I-130 Package To Phoenix, AZ
03-14 - Package Delivered
03-19 - Received Text from USCIS case was received, and Receipt #.
03-19 - Received E-mail from USCIS case was accepted and routed to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
03-19 - Opened account on USCIS.gov to check case status
03-23 - Received the Form I-797C Notice of Action Priority Date March 16th, 2015
08-06 - Received e-mail notice RFE Letter would be sent.
08-10 - Received RFE (PROOF OF NAME CHANGE for Mom)
08-19 - Sent RFE Response
08-21 - USCIS Received my response to RFE
08-21 - Received e-mail notice "Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review"
09-01 - Received e-mail I-130 was approved
I-130 Approved in 172 days - 5.65 Months
09-10 - I-797, Notice of Action sent to me by mail
09-14 - Received I-797, Notice of Action I-130 Approved
09-17 - Received Text from USCIS case status is updated online
09-17 - Received Email from USCIS: Case Was Sent To The Department of State
09-17 - Checked online status: Case Was Sent To The Department of State
09-22 - NVC Received my case
10-01 - NVC Assigned Case Number
10-02 - NVC Date of Welcome Letter to Petitioner
10-05 - NVC Welcome Letter Envelope Postage Stamp Date
10-06 - Called NVC and got Case # and Invoice #
10-06 - Logged in Online and Completed COA form DS-261 & AOS Payment
10-08 - Called NVC - Case still locked for approval of COA & Payment of IV Fee
10-09 - Received NVC Welcome Letter, AOS Bill & Document Cover Sheet
10-14 - Called NVC Got COA Reviewed Over The Phone
10-15 - Received IV Fee Invoice By Email
10-16 - Paid IV Fee
10-19 - IV Fee Appears as PAID and DS-260 IV Application OPEN
MM - DD
03-31 - Sent AOS & IV Packets to NVC Overnighted
04-01 - Packages delivered to NVC
04-02 - Completed and Submitted DS-260 IV Application Online
04-02 - NVC SCAN DATE
05-02 - CASE COMPLETE!
05-09 - Received CC Email from NVC
05-09 - Received letter Re: updated mailing/email address for this case ???
05-16 - Received Email with INTERVIEW DATE (P4)
05-19 - Received actual INTERVIEW DATE (P4) letter in the mail
05-25 - NVC Sent Case To Embassy (CEAC Status Changed to In Transit)
06-28 - INTERVIEW DATE
06-28 APPROVED in 468 days FROM I-130 NOA1- 15.38 Months
08-28 - Point Of Entry POE Miami International Airport - Miami, Florida
09-09 - Received Social Security Number Card in the Mail (Middle Name Cut Off)
10-04 - Received Text & Email of Updated USCIS.gov Case Status: New Card Being Produced
10-07 - Received Text & Email of Updated USCIS.gov Case Status: New Card Has been Mailed

Oh anytime!

I am very happy to help... Been stuck on this proccess for 20 months and it almost killed me. So if my experience can help others, than awesome ^^

I will keep you guys updated on the timeline and post as much as I can.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi Arelys, I'm from Venezuela too. I'm married with a permanent resident and my case is already in NVC. My priority date is march 24 2016. How can we do this process of expedite? Is there a form which we have to fill? Or we just have to send a letter to the embassy in Caracas? I didn't know about this expedite, and I really would like to do something that makes my wait shorter.

• 2 years later...

Thank you for this information. My spouse is Venezuelan and will possibly need this once we get to that NVC stage which for us will be months from now (we are submitting I-130 by next week). I did notice that this post is from 2015, I am just wondering whether this will be just as effective now in 2019, almost 2020 to be exact since so many things have happened since your post, especially a change in U.S. presidency.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies. if you have a question you need to start a thread for more up to date answers.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.