2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hello all, i was wondering if someone might be able to help me with I-864 for Part 6. Federal Income Tax Return Information.

I have only filed 1 of the 3 most recent tax years. I have only filed for the most recent 2014 tax year, as i was not required to file for tax years 2013 and 2012 because income was below IRS required level.

I understand i would include my most recent transcript for 2014 and a letter explaining why i did not file 2013 or 2012…. should i include W-2 form 2013/2012 as support?

Moreover, how do i fill out the following:

18.a. Have you filed a filled income tax return for each of the three recent years? YES, even though i filed for only 1 of the 3 tax years?

For questions 19a -19c do i leave the 19b and 19c blank for put N/A because i was not required to file or do i put the amount i earned even though i didn't file?

20 Do i check the box stating i was not required to file even though i filed on for 1 of the 3 most recent tax years?

thank you lots i love visa journey! you guys rock!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all, i was wondering if someone might be able to help me with I-864 for Part 6. Federal Income Tax Return Information.

I have only filed 1 of the 3 most recent tax years. I have only filed for the most recent 2014 tax year, as i was not required to file for tax years 2013 and 2012 because income was below IRS required level.

I understand i would include my most recent transcript for 2014 and a letter explaining why i did not file 2013 or 2012…. should i include W-2 form 2013/2012 as support? <-- If you want to. You can include them along wit your statement about not being legally required to file those years because your income was below the IRS filing threshold.

Also include proof of your current income along with your 2014 tax transcript.

Moreover, how do i fill out the following:

18.a. Have you filed a filled income tax return for each of the three recent years? YES, even though i filed for only 1 of the 3 tax years? <- You did not file the last 3 years, so the answer would be NO.

For questions 19a -19c do i leave the 19b and 19c blank for put N/A because i was not required to file or do i put the amount i earned even though i didn't file? <-- You follow the instructions and put N/A for the years you did not file.

20 Do i check the box stating i was not required to file even though i filed on for 1 of the 3 most recent tax years? <--Yes, you check the box for #20 because that is your exact situation.

thank you lots i love visa journey! you guys rock!

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.