shorena

whats next after approval for I-130

5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I got my husbands approve... I know this question was,but i wonder what is next? who long does NVS take?

Hi shorena!

I assume you have field I-130 petition for your husband. So let me congratulate you both with approval of that petion.

Actually I'm in the same position as your husband. My wife (btw, she lives in New Jersey too) filed a petition and we've got an approval in the end of September. And yesterday she have recieved a mail from NVC - a Welcome Letter with our Case number. So it took about 1.5 months for NVC to recieve our case and send a letter to us.

I don't know if it matters which USCIS service center worked with your petition, but our case was approved in California service center.

When you'll get your Welcome Letter you will be able to select an agent (yourself, basically) and pay fees in order to continue the immigration process.

09/27/2014 - Marriage Date

USCIS Stage [completed]

11/12/2014 - I-130 Sent

11/17/2014 - Priority Date (VSC processing)

11/25/2014 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09/02/2015 - Transfer Notice: VSC to CSC

09/25/2015 - NOA2 - Approved

10/03/2015 - NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC Stage [completed]

11/07/2015 - Received Case Number & IIN

11/09/2015 - DS-261 generated & filled

11/13/2015 - IV and AOS invoices issued

12/09/2015 - IV Fee paid

12/17/2015 - IV Form DS-260 submitted

02/14/2016 - AOS Fee paid

03/01/2016 - IV and AOS document package sent to NVC (03/03/2016 - NVC Scan date)

04/11/2016 - Case complete! :dancing:

08/29/2016 - Package was sent to Moscow embassy

10/05/2016 - Interview, visa approved! :dance::dancing:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hi shorena!

I assume you have field I-130 petition for your husband. So let me congratulate you both with approval of that petion.

Actually I'm in the same position as your husband. My wife (btw, she lives in New Jersey too) filed a petition and we've got an approval in the end of September. And yesterday she have recieved a mail from NVC - a Welcome Letter with our Case number. So it took about 1.5 months for NVC to recieve our case and send a letter to us.

I don't know if it matters which USCIS service center worked with your petition, but our case was approved in California service center.

When you'll get your Welcome Letter you will be able to select an agent (yourself, basically) and pay fees in order to continue the immigration process.

Thanks.As i have not income,i know we need sponsor,as we have kids,sponsor's income must be sufficient for all? (me,my husband and 2 kids?)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks.As i have not income,i know we need sponsor,as we have kids,sponsor's income must be sufficient for all? (me,my husband and 2 kids?)

Ok, I understand that you don't have income, but your husband may have. You also may take in account your property and savings.

But if you both don't have enough income then yes, you have to find a sponsor, and yes, you have to count all your family members for minimal income calculation.

But I'm not sure how to calculate required sponsor's income for affidavit of support. As I understand a sponsor has to cover both his family and yours.

09/27/2014 - Marriage Date

USCIS Stage [completed]

11/12/2014 - I-130 Sent

11/17/2014 - Priority Date (VSC processing)

11/25/2014 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09/02/2015 - Transfer Notice: VSC to CSC

09/25/2015 - NOA2 - Approved

10/03/2015 - NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC Stage [completed]

11/07/2015 - Received Case Number & IIN

11/09/2015 - DS-261 generated & filled

11/13/2015 - IV and AOS invoices issued

12/09/2015 - IV Fee paid

12/17/2015 - IV Form DS-260 submitted

02/14/2016 - AOS Fee paid

03/01/2016 - IV and AOS document package sent to NVC (03/03/2016 - NVC Scan date)

04/11/2016 - Case complete! :dancing:

08/29/2016 - Package was sent to Moscow embassy

10/05/2016 - Interview, visa approved! :dance::dancing:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Ok, I understand that you don't have income, but your husband may have. You also may take in account your property and savings.

But if you both don't have enough income then yes, you have to find a sponsor, and yes, you have to count all your family members for minimal income calculation.

But I'm not sure how to calculate required sponsor's income for affidavit of support. As I understand a sponsor has to cover both his family and yours.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.