Sirwan

Administrative Processing! How long does this takes?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

So here is what happened, everything was just perfect until the day of finances interview. she had interview on Oct 27th, the interview was done but all she got was just a blue sheet regarding that we need to provide additional documents, within a week we collected every documents that they asked for including her passport and dropped it into the mail box in embassy at Yerevan,Armenia.

The day after she was contacted by the embassy, she said that they handed her passport to her with no visa issued on it..she also said that they didnt explain anything but said that they will contact her by email if they need anything. I checked the status of her visa online and saw this message Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted...

Does anyone have had the same situation before? If yes please let me know what happened after, did you got your visa finally? how long did this process took? Because We are worried too much about this situation here..we've been waiting for a long time for her visa and have made so many plans for our wedding..Can you guys please tell me how long will this takes again? is there any hope? what are the possibilities now? thank you and I really appreciate your replies.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Well basically they want to review all the documents you've provided and since they haven't made a decision yet on your case they've given you back the passport. Unfortunately there is no exact timeframe for AP it could take some weeks even months. No decision has been made yet it could go either way..

did they ask you for additional bonafide evidence? any certificate documents you were missing? either way once again you could be in AP for very little time or you will have to be VERY patient.

USCIS

24 July 2014 - Marriage :wub:

18 August 2014 - I130 sent
19 August 2014- PRIORITY DATE
20 August 2014 - I130 NOA1
:clock:
24 March 2015 - Case was transferred from VSC to CSC :huh:
18 May 2015 - I130 approved NOA2 (271 days )

NVC

17 June 2015- NVC received

17 June 2015- DS261, AOS BILL, IV BILL received

Website down :ranting::protest:
22 June 2015 - AOS BILL, IV BILL paid by mail
22 June 2015 - DS261 submitted by mail
05 July 2015 - WEBSITE BACK ON :dance:
05 July 2015 - DS260 completed
11 July 2015 - AOS & IV package sent
13 July 2015- AOS & IV package received
28 July 2015- Case Complete :D:dance:

19 August 2015 - Mailed & emailed upgrade from F2A to CR1 :thumbs:
27 August 2015- Received email stating that our embassy does not participate in NVC'S electronic processing program therefore we should submit forms through mail (which we had already) :cry:
02 September 2015 - Spoke to supervisor Silvia about our upgrade, found out whoever reply to our email was wrong and she was going to take a look at our case :rolleyes:

09 September 2015 - Confirmed upgrade F2a to CR1 through the phone with Supervisor Silvia (she's an angel) :D
Waiting for Interview date for Naples, Italy :clock:

11 September 2015 - Interview date scheduled for 28th October 2015 :D
14 September 2015 - Received P4 letter email ( interview letter) :dancing:

20 September 2015 - CEAC status changed to IN TRANSIT :thumbs:

21 September 2015 - CEAC status change to READY

NAPLES EMBASSY

27th October 2015 - Medical exam

28th October 2015 - interview (approved!!!) :D :dance:

waiting for news about passport and visa :clock:

4th November - CEAC status changed to ISSUED

5th November - VISA in hand ... yesssss finally! #blessed

8th November - POE MIAMI (the whole process took about 45mn)

19th November - Received SSN by mail ( I had applied for it when asked if i wanted to be issued a SSN in the DS260)

23rd December- Received GC by mail (it took about 45 days from POE) finally :dancing:

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Agree with ChrisNina27. The passport should have only been submitted if they asked that it sent.

I had to submit additional documents after my interview and only after my visa petition was approved did they sent an email to me to send passports.

My Journey

Priority Date: July 24, 2007 (EAC)

AOS fee paid: February 2013

Request embassy change: May 2013

Son born: September 2013 (added to petition March 2014)

Interview: March 17, 2015 (Joint sponsor needed)

Joint sponsor documents submitted: April 27, 2015

Visas approved and issued: April 30, 2015. Had to return to embassy to do oath for son :)

Visa in hand: May 5, 2015 (two working days after issued)

IV fees paid: August 10, 2015

POE: JFK - September 10, 2015 (one day before visa expiry date - No hassle)

Returned to Barbados: September 28, 2015

Green cards: October 5, 2015 :dancing:

Entered US permanently: March 22, 2016

Applied for SSNs: March 28, 2016 (didn't tick box on DS-260)

SSN received: April 4, 2016;

Learner's permit: April 7, 2016 (in NY you also have to do 5-hour class);

Driver's License: July 13, 2016 (on first try) :dancing:

Husband's Journey (F2A)

Married: September 2015

I-130 sent: October 8, 2015 (via USPS)

Priority date: October 9, 2015 (WAC)

Petition approved: March 8, 2016 (5 months to the date of receipt) :)

NVC Welcome Letter: May 13, 2016
AOS documents sent: August 8, 2016
Case complete: September 14, 2016 (the waiting continues
:clock:).

Interview:  October 5, 2017 (Approved - Issued following day :))

Visa in hand:  October 12, 2017

POE:  October 13, 2017

Green card:

SSN:

Administrative processing is just their wording used to describe review. In non immigrant cases, they can check to see if you are committing fraud such as to call your job to verify that you in fact work there, a name hit similar to a terrorist and stuff like that.

In your case, might be a simple error or something that popped up during their check on their system. They will contact her back when it is completed. I doubt it will take more than two to three weeks or even less. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am the beneficiary and I had my interview on June 26, 2015 only to find out that I am a victim of identity theft. I was in AP from that time until October 15 it changed to READY then on November 2, it change to AP again then November 3, it changed to issued. I am waiting to collect my document. In your case did they explain what was the matter? or was it because of the document that was to be submitted?. Just be patient.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Benin
Timeline

I'm starting to get very worried. My fiancé was interviewed in November. It's April now. They found an issue with his visa that had to be fixed, that was fixed in January. It's now 4 months since his interview. Is there anyone I can appeal to or complain too? I'm especially worried because it's a same-sex partner. He's unsafe there, especially if the embassy is poking around about him. Thoughts?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.