81 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day everyone, I want to share my experience with you all so I can get the best possible advice. Well for a start I just got to know about this site today and wish I knew about it earlier. I went for my interview last week and the co just denied me and said she was sending my case back to usa. I have three kids with my husband ranging from 17,15 and 13. His reason for denying me was why we waited that long before getting married and that I was only interest in traveling not marriage. I am so broken now and so confused as what to do next. we had three kids before he travelled to the states and we separated but after so many years he came back to file for my kids and it was successful.now he asked me to marry him which I did and after everything I got denied. What can I proof to let the officer believe this story

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day everyone, I want to share my experience with you all so I can get the best possible advice. Well for a start I just got to know about this site today and wish I knew about it earlier. I went for my interview last week and the co just denied me and said she was sending my case back to usa. I have three kids with my husband ranging from 17,15 and 13. His reason for denying me was why we waited that long before getting married and that I was only interest in traveling not marriage. I am so broken now and so confused as what to do next. we had three kids before he travelled to the states and we separated but after so many years he came back to file for my kids and it was successful.now he asked me to marry him which I did and after everything I got denied. What can I proof to let the officer believe this story

First I am so sorry. When did you get married? Did you have a good reason to waiting so long? If your husband is a citizen he can contact his congressman and ask them to inquire on your behalf.

What were the questions ask?

What was the focus of the questions?

Since you say they wanted to know why you waited so long and all. Have you been talking to each other the entire time he has been in US?

So are the children already with him in US or they are getting ready to go over?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

We got married in December 2013 , we started dating in the 90's and we were not married legally just some knocking rights and that was it. We have three kids. The officer said how come my husband did not marry me whiles he was here and he went to usa to get married to another woman for his citizenship . He said he does not believe us and sending the case back

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

So sorry for your case dear. .but from what you said, your husband got married to a u.s citizen for his papers...question is, did he divorce his American spouse? did he marry her for the green card? These were possibly questions ringing in the mind of the consular officer...also did he provide a divorce certificate that's if he divorced his u.s spouse and did you guys get a marriage certificate too?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Obaasimaa, why you two did not get married long time ago is very important. You will have to get very personal in order to convince them that your case is not like one of those fraud cases where a spouse uses a USC for GC or citizenship and then marries and brings family to join him.

I don't know if you need a lawyer but it won't hurt to get one. It shouldn't matter whether your husband has married someone before,marriages collapse everyday and the most important thing is that your marriage is genuine.

get your husband to get his senator or congressman man involved and when he receives NOIR, you should be ready with whatever evidence you have to discredit CO's statement.

Good luck

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Of course we got married and we were issued mc. he called regularly for years to check on his kids and provided financial supports, he was married to the American woman and they have a son who is almost ten years . The visa officer just did not want to listen to anything I say and it looks like her mind was already made up. My kids were approved last year after under going a DNA test. My heart is broken and dreams shattered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

During the time he called you for years did he discusses possible marriage? I'm sorry and please forgive me but it just sounds like he married you to bring you here, I mean just from reading what you posted.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

So you guys had kids and then he married an American woman got his citizenship and all that jazz and then divorced his us wife and married you?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

Guys i am in pain right here and some of these comments are not helping at all,we were just dating by then and we had a knocking ceremony shortly after my first child was born.he left .we broke up b4 he left and I was even pregnant at that time, he supported his kids by taking care of them as a father but we were not together .viser officer said I am sorry but I don't believe u,asking me why I wantt to travel to usa ,my husband have divorce his wife and they have a good relation because of their son. I can't sleep and my heart is in pain

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Im sorry some of the comments arent helpful. But can you see how it all looks really odd? Ghana is a high fraud country so you will have a hard time convinsing them that this is the real deal.

How long was your husband married to his american wife? And how soon after his divorce to her did the two of you get married?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Guys i am in pain right here and some of these comments are not helping at all,we were just dating by then and we had a knocking ceremony shortly after my first child was born.he left .we broke up b4 he left and I was even pregnant at that time, he supported his kids by taking care of them as a father but we were not together .viser officer said I am sorry but I don't believe u,asking me why I wantt to travel to usa ,my husband have divorce his wife and they have a good relation because of their son. I can't sleep and my heart is in pain

Please don't take anything I have asked as bashing you. I know it hurts trust me I do. But I am only asking to get to the root of what is going on. To plan your attack and do what you need to do.

Dear cry your tears now. Tomorrow is a new day and if you want to be with your husband and children you got to put on the big girl pants and fight this.

1. First your husband needs to call his congressman or Senator tomorrow so they can start inquiring on your behalf.
  2. Your husband could email the embassy and request a 2nd interview and that he is willing to fly over to meet with the CO with any and all evidence they may need.

How long has it been since he has been back to see you all? Him coming to be there for a 2nd interview if granted could be vital.

Sorry for your pain. Please try to know we are here to help you and our questions are merely to gain knowledge into the situation. If you can see this through a strangers eyes you can see how this can look very bad.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.