Khal_Drogo

RFE to Green Card

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

So normally I wouldn't bother with this question, but I figured what the hey:

Those of you who have received RFEs, assuming you had everything they asked for, how long did it take for them to accept it and approve your case?
I only ask because with my RFE, it tells us to mail it to the same address we mailed our original package. Since it's already been seven months, is it gonna take forever just for them to get to our RFE stuff, or do they prioritize it some way?

I am the USC.

The member "Khaleesi" is my beautiful wife.

While I have not personally received and RFE (yet... let's keep it that way!) I find browsing the timelines for this sort of info can be helpful.

From what I have seen, after sending in and RFE people usually get their RFE reply between 1-2 weeks.

As for receiving that actual NOA-2 after sending in your RFE, there is more variance on this depending on how important the info in the RFE was and how far they got into your case before it/how much work they still need to do after you submit it.

I have heard most people say it adds around another month or so. It's probably gunna depend on what service center you are at as well.

PS I just want to say how cute you and your wife's usernames are haha. My fiance and I are huuuuuuuge GoT fans!

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

After CSC accepted our RFE package, we got our ROC approved one week later. Check out our timeline.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I really wish I could edit my first post, I feel sort of dumb now for not noticing you said "Green Card" in the title.

The RFE replies for the green card process seem even quicker than those for the I-129f process, so I wouldn't be worried at all.

From what I understand, once you are sent an RFE that means your case has been opened and looked into. The waiting period before that can mean your case hasn't been really started at all, but once they look into it and notice something is missing, they are usually quick about getting it back on track.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thanks both of you for your replies.

Reason I'm asking is both out of curiosity and because we are taking a trip back to the States for Christmas, and the airline is requesting our APIS data. I mean, my son and I are both USCs (my son's actually a dual citizen), but since she has only her extension letter, we can't really enter any info for her until we get this resolved. She'll be able to enter the country again no problem, but it's just an extra step that we would like to avoid if we can help it.

I am the USC.

The member "Khaleesi" is my beautiful wife.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I doubt that documents submitted in response to an RFE get priority. That being said, if you correctly follow the RFE instructions (i.e, return envelope use, RFE notation on package), the requested material is supposed to be directed to the adjudicator that initiated the RFE and has been working on your open file, so you likely don't start at the beginning of the queue.

Frankly, after waiting for 8-9 months for any sign of activity with our ROC petition, I was pleasantly surprised with the speed of our ROC processing after CSC received our RFE response information.

YMMV.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.