bumpyusa

Need immediate advise

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I need immediate assistance. My Fiance and her children age 7 and 19 are in Kiev right now. They attended the medical today and the 19 year old is going to have to do the Sputum tests at the end of the month. Our interview is Tuesday October 13th. My Fiance's daughter is willing to remain in the Ukraine until the medical is complete. I am traveling to Kiev this weekend. Everything is alright with my fiance and the 7 year olds medical. My question. Will we still be able to do the interview, can my fiance travel to the States without her daughter if we are approved. How will her daughter get her visa after the medical is complete. I am hoping someone sees this with an answer quickly. I am leaving in 2 days. Thank you. I knew it was too good to be true that it only took 6 weeks from submission of the I-129 to the interview. We are willing to accept whatever happens. thanks for your answers.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I hear it takes a few months to receive the results of the sputum test. What your fiancee's daughter can do is do a K-2 follow-to-join instead. The daughter will be able to do this within 1 year of your fiancee's visa being issued.

Since you'll be married after she's turned 18, she'll need to have her AOS approved before she turns 21 in order to qualify.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k2-visa-adjustment-of-status-tips

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Timeline

What about our interview on next Tuesday, since the 19 year old will not have completed medical, will that delay our interview or should she come with us to the interview. Will they let her in or reschedule?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

All depends on what the test produces.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate thread removed. Please do not make more then one thread for the same or similar topic.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, if she appears for interview without medical complete, it can be a cause of her K2 denial. To avoid of this I would cancel daughter's interview. You should do it 2 days BEFORE interview, not later - the "system" must see the cancelation. Also, if possible, print out the confirmation of it as a proof that she has not simply appeared for the interview, without cancelation via system, but it has been really canceled for a reason.

And as soon as her Sputum tests are done and medical complete, you can re-schedule her interview.

Also, you can cancel the interview for ALL, and reschedule it when tests are done... Whatever is best for you..

Your Fiancé can travel with other kid and you, and 19 years old girl can join you later, when her K2 visa is issued. For her interview you should leave the NOA2 of I-129F, K-1's I-134, copies of your ID (passport, driver license), copies of Fiance passport - biological pages and K1 visa page. When your Fiancé enters the US, K1 page will be stamped. Scan those pages and e-mail to girl she could have it for her K2 interview.

My son joined me almost 4 months later, on his K2, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask ;)

Also, don't worry about approval of her AOS before she turns 21. As long as she turned the US BEFORE 21, she is safe :) She doesn't need to be under the age of 21 when she gets her Green card. This based on the BIA's 2011 decision , which you can read at

http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/eoir/legacy/2014/07/25/3719.pdf.

Good luck!!!! :)

Edited by Vicha

Timeline

can you tell me how to cancel the interview. I found a page, but not the interview setup. thanks for your help. Just saw your post now. Leaving for Ukraine tomorrow

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.