Pinoypinayyy

Green Card holder only and I just want to take a vacation in the Philippines

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi I hope you can help me with this. My family just migrated in California last year October 2014 we all got our green cards already. And I was wondering if I need to apply for a re-entry permit or anything if I am planning to take a vacation for maximum 1 month in the Philippines and where do I do that here in California? Thank you so much!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

You only need the re-entry permit if you're planning on leaving the country for more than 1 year. Your trip is only 1 month so no need to apply for one.

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

You only need the re-entry permit if you're planning on leaving the country for more than 1 year. Your trip is only 1 month so no need to apply for one.

This happened to you also? Sorry its my first time to travel back home since we got here. Im just scared of what might happen in the future with my status as permanent resident. Thank you so much!

Edited by Pinoypinayyy

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Not to me since I was actually born in the US, but, my uncle has travelled back home every year for up to 3 months each time since he first came to the US and he's a green card holder. The only concern is staying out of the country for more than 6 months will affect how soon you're eligible for citizenship.

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Not to me since I was actually born in the US, but, my uncle has travelled back home every year for up to 3 months each time since he first came to the US and he's a green card holder. The only concern is staying out of the country for more than 6 months will affect how soon you're eligible for citizenship.

Thank you so much!! What a relief! Because I just renewed and got my Phil Passport and I thought i needed to do something else.. Thank you though!!

Hindi po. As long as you and your family have a valid greencard then you can go back to the Philippines and come back here. My asawa and I just did it in June so her family could see our daughter, and she came back in late July. So don't worry. Where in Phillipines are you from?

Hindi po. As long as you and your family have a valid greencard then you can go back to the Philippines and come back here. My asawa and I just did it in June so her family could see our daughter, and she came back in late July. So don't worry. Where in Phillipines are you from?

Okay thank you! I still dont have any idea with the system sorry. Hehe. But with the passport, will I have any problems with it? I only have Phil passport with me. And from Pasig po kami. :) Edited by Pinoypinayyy

No, my asawa still used her Philippines passport when we went in June, as long as it is valid then you are good. You will go back under the Balikbayan status when you go through immigration at NAIA. Which airline will you use going back to Pinas?

No, my asawa still used her Philippines passport when we went in June, as long as it is valid then you are good. You will go back under the Balikbayan status when you go through immigration at NAIA. Which airline will you use going back to Pinas?

I still dont know which airline because im still waiting for the approval from work. But im depending on the cheapest tickets, maybe China Airlines, EvaAir or any airlines that are within my budget hehe

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Working & Traveling During US Immigration Forum~

~Inquiry about GC travel~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.