Alajoofori

GETTING TRANSCRIPTS FROM IRS

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi all, I don't know if this topic has been discussed in any forums but I wanted to pass on that the IRS website for obtaining tax transcripts was HACKED in May 2015 so at this time after trying several times to get transcripts sent through requests on the IRS website and automated phone system with no response...I found that calling the IRS and keying through the prompts for individual tax returns got me to a customer service person who took my information and I received them in 7 days. He was the one who said the system was hacked, this is why you can't order them directly online and apparently they are revamping the system so it's delaying other types of requests. Hope that helps someone out, it took me 2 months to figure this out lol!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In October 2014 I was lucky enough to have an IRS rep fax me copies of my 2011-2013 tax returns - which I received the same day by fax about an hour after calling. Worth a try if you can reach a live person by phone. They mailed them to me as well.

I requested my tax transcripts for 2014 last Wednesday and received them in the mail yesterday. Only took 4 business days. They arrived much faster than I anticipated.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

ok that made me worry, my finacee requested them online now for almost a week, and we received nothing, he is in Virginia, is there any phone number i can reach someone to ask for the irs, its delaying me send my packet 3 to the consulate, which will delay my interview already will wait for my interview about 3 months , but starting when they receive packet 3 from me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.