efofie

DENIED

49 posts in this topic

My wife went for her interview at Accra yesterday. CO did not believe in our pictures. She has been rescheduled to come with more evidence on the 26th. My question is, me as a US citizen should I go to Ghana and go to the second interview with her? Will that actually help her get the visa? What should I do now? Please help.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to US Embassy & Consulate Discussion; topic is about this phase of the process.***

**Moderator hat off**

Go if you can, while not a guarantee of success (nothing is), you being on or near the premises can increase the odds of success.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Accompanying her during the interview might help, but that's not what they are asking for. Plan to provide any documents that you have not submitted yet that helps CO to believe ur relationship like money transfer, communication records, any travel made together or to visit her or anything that shows the ongoing marital relationship between you two.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Hi Ryan, thank you for your reply. Will they allowed me to go the interview with her if I have my US passport? Also, since the CO she thinks our pictures did not have any poster in it, is it advisable for us to take new pictures when I get to Ghana for the second interview?

I sent her a lot of evidence including our life insurance policy with her being the beneficiary. This is my first marriage and I have visited her twice. I even had her send copies of my air tickets to the interview. She also sent a lot of MoneyGram receipts since 2014.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Like others say it won't gaurentee her approval of her visa but it couldn't hurt either. If anything it can help. Yes I would take more pictures to take with you. It also wouldn't hurt if maybe you brought in more evidence to show them of your bonafide relationship such as chat records (whatsapp, Skype), passport stamps/previous plane tickets, etc. good luck! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They are not looking for current photos. They want to see photos of your time together during the course of your relationship. New photos won't help. You need to show a true relationship, not just money transfers. Show them evidence of the time spent together, phone and chat conversations, places that you traveled together (receipts, photos).

You being there will help. Having more documentation of your life together will help a lot.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

They want us to send remittance slips and photos of our enjoyment.

"Pictures didn't have any posters in it " what does that mean ?

Yes, definitely be there for the interview. Have your wife hand over your passport immediately when she faces the CO and say my husband

is waiting outside and would like to be present for the interview. Then if they allow it she will get you from outside, if not at least they know

you cared enough to be there and it's another face time visit.

Yes, bring new photos that you will make before the interview and more old photos showing the growth and flow of the relationship, also

with family together.

Show ALL receipts you can possibly think of that puts you two in the same place at the same time and tons of communication and skype

screen shots.

Bring a power of attorney and a will and anything else you can show as proof of co mingled lives, property, lease, land anything.

Make sure she shoves it in front of the CO under the window where she is interviewed and not wait until asked to do so, often they will

refuse to view more evidence even though they ask you to bring it. It's a game they play in Ghana.

You are very lucky that your case hasn't been returned for review to USCIS because that would have added another year at least.

Ghana is nuts currently returning so many petitions so you better BE THERE and if they refuse to issue the visa you need to kick into

immediate action and start troubleshooting. Insist on speaking with the CO and /or section chief and get it done and bring her home.

IF denied do not just leave there with your head hanging in shock with your tail between your legs but don't leave until you have

spoken assertively (USC) with them on what the reason for the return is since you brought a ton of evidence and yourself.

Accra has surpassed Lagos in returns.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Hi Ryan, thank you for your reply. Will they allowed me to go the interview with her if I have my US passport? Also, since the CO she thinks our pictures did not have any poster in it, is it advisable for us to take new pictures when I get to Ghana for the second interview?

What does that mean? "poster" It would be beneficial to future interviewing couples to know a bit more about these pictures....Were they like selfie pics? If you dont mind could you eleborate just a bit?

dg71gl.jpg8xovp4.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiancée was with me for my interview, we didn't even ask for permission, we just both showed up at the window when they called our number. If you ask me, I would definitely go over there and be there with/for her. Wouldn't even think twice about it.

Edited by Anthony and Becky

I-129F Sent : 2014-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-12-22

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-06-23

NVC Received : 2015-07-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2015-07-09

Medical : 2015-09-21

Interview : 2015-09-28 APPROVED

Visa in hand : 2015-10-02

US Entry : 2015-11-21

Wedding : 2015-12-12

AOS/AP/EAD request sent : 2015-12-22

AOS/AP/EAD NOA1: 2015-12-30

AOS Biometrics : 2016-01-25

AOS Approved : 2016-03-01

Permanent Resident card in hand : 2016-03-07

1. Sorry I did mean to say pastor not poster. The pictures she sent were our marriage ceremony pictures at the church. CO said since we did it at the church why didn't we have any of the picture with the pastor together. Also, they want to see our chart records. I'm going to screenshot those from WhatsAPP and put all together on a word document. But the WhatsAPP charts when I screenshot, its not showing the date of the chart. They also want to see remittance slips, I don't have those. I have a house in Ghana so we were not in a hotel.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Am so sorry for your experience at the moment.

Ask your wife to get letters of consent or attestation from her parent, pastor if a Christian and a revered elder or person in the society.

Get the same from your own side too.

Above all that you will be going with, PUT GOD AHEAD OF THE INTERVIEW. COMMIT THAT DAY FROM NOW INTO HIS HANDS. LET HIM DECIDE NOT THE CO ABOUT YOUR UNION WITH YOUR WIFE. HE IS FAITHFULL, HE WILL DO IT FOR YOU.

YOU WILL TESTIFY TO GOD'S GLORY THAT EVEN THOUGH EVRYPNE SAYS GHANA CONSULATE IS DIFFICULT BUT YOU CAME OUT VICTORIOUS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.